iKON

The School Prince is Actually a Devil

BEEP! BEEP! BEEEE-

I shut off my alarm clock and stretch. As I sit up from my futon-like ‘bed’, a groan of pain escapes my lips and I immediately massage my back to get rid of the pain. The perks of sleeping on the floor every night. Shaking my head, I get up and go to the bathroom to do my usual morning routine.

~~~~

I exit the bathroom, fully clothed in a white graphic tee with a green hoodie on top, a pair of black ripped-skinnies, and a pair of some old, gray sneakers. It’s amazing how I still fit these cheap clothes after all these years. Then again, I’ve been eating nothing but instant food for dinner so I haven’t gained any weight.

Sighing loudly, I fold my ‘bed’ and put it on top of a box. I pick up my black bag, which looks like it’s going to tear apart soon due to the amount of holes it has, and throw it over my shoulder. I leave my small apartment room and walk to YG Academy, not caring to eat breakfast despite my stomach growling angrily.

~~~~

YG Academy, the second prestigious academy in South Korea, is not like any other school. Other schools require students to wear school uniforms, but YG Academy does not require their students to wear such things. We’re allowed to wear whatever we want as long as our ‘private areas’ aren’t fully exposed.

Honestly, I’d rather wear a school uniform. I already feel out of place after seeing the majority of the students wearing such expensive brands. To my relief, no one pays any attention to me. Not only would I be embarrassed, but I’ll also be a target of bullying-

“Donghyuk!”

I turn around to see my cousin approaching me. Automatically, I smile and hug him.

“Jinhwan-hyung~!” I exclaimed happily.

Jinhwan chuckles as he ruffles my hair as I break the hug. It’s been three years since I last seen Jinhwan. We used to be roommates until he moved out to live closer to YG Academy. Now that I think about it, Jinhwan’s a senior this year while I’m a sophomore. That means I only have a year to spend time with him.

“What’s wrong, Donghyuk?” Jinhwan asked worriedly.

“I… just realized that we only have a year to attend school together.” I said sadly.

Hearing this, Jinhwan just shakes his head while smiling.

“Aigoo, you cutie. Just because I’ll be graduating soon doesn’t mean I’ll be gone forever.” He ruffled my hair a bit too hard, making me shoot him a look.

“I know. It’s just… I feel lonely without you, hyung.” I said honestly.

“Donghyuk, I can’t always be there for you forever.” Jinhwan smiled sadly.

“But you said that you won’t be gone forever-”

“I won’t be gone forever, but it doesn’t mean I’ll always be with you whenever you have problems. Donghyuk, you’ll meet someone that’ll love you, care for you, and protect you better than me. That person will always make you feel loved and you won’t feel lonely anymore. Most importantly, that person will always be a special person in your heart.”

Jinhwan grins as I tilt my head in confusion.

“Hyung, what are you talking about?” I asked.

“Aigoo. You’ll understand soon.” Jinhwan chuckled as he threw an arm over my neck and drags me towards the entrance.

~~~~

“Do you know where all of your classes are?” Jinhwan asked as he scanned my schedule.

“Yeah, I attended the orientation.”

Suddenly, a bunch of girls squeal loudly. I flinch and cover my ears. Ugh! Why are they being so loud in the morning? I turn around to see a bunch of girls crowding around the entrance. I see a few men in black suits pushing the crowd to the side to make room for whomever to enter the academy.

The girls scream loudly when a boy enters the academy. He’s wearing a purple zipped-up hoodie, black sunglasses, a pair of blue skinnies, and a pair of red Converses. The boy keeps a poker face on as he walks through the crowd with his ear pods on.

“B.I-oppa!!”

“Hanbin-oppa!!”

As soon as a girl said that, B.I stops in his tracks and faces the girl. He takes off his sunglasses, revealing a cold, intimidating glare. Everyone, including me, freezes and remains silent as we watch him glare at the girl, who looks nervous and afraid.

“What did you just called me?” B.I asked in a calm yet intimidating tone.

“H-Hanbin-oppa-” The girl gulped.

“Who gave you permission to call me that?!” He exclaimed angrily, making everyone flinch.

“S-Sorry, oppa.” The girl bowed her head in shame.

B.I snickers as he scans her from head to toe.

“Listen, girl. You’re not valuable enough to call me by that name. Since it’s the first day, I’ll let it slide this time but I won’t spare you next time, got it?”

He glares at her, waiting for a response. The girl gulps again and nods. B.I smirks in satisfaction as he puts on his sunglasses and walks away into some ‘off-limit’ red and green door with random white lines.

I gape in disbelief as the girl bursts into tears and a few girls pat her back as everyone stares at her. Who does he think he is?! How could he leave like nothing happened after threatening a girl and making her cry just because she called him by his name?!

“That’s Kim Hanbin, iKON’s leader, but he prefers to be called B.I. Only the iKON members call him by his real name.”

“Who’s iKON? And why is B.I so worked up just because someone called him by his real name?”

I turn around to look at Jinhwan, who’s staring at the crowd with a poker face.

“iKON are pretty much the kingkas here. Their fathers are the biggest sponsors of this school so they pretty much own the school but that’s not what they’re popular for. These boys are highly talented and very good-looking, according to the majority of the students here.”

Jinhwan’s expression doesn’t waver as he explained in monotone.

“That’s Kim Jiwon, known mostly as Bobby, iKON’s co-leader and B.I’s best friend.”

I turn around to see a boy wearing a white hoodie, black snapback, a pair of light blue skinnies, and a pair of black Converses. He’s smiling at the girl, making his bunny-like teeth exposed.

“B.I’s just a bit moody today. Don’t mind him, okay?” Bobby said sweetly.

The girl stops crying and smiles at him. She nods and Bobby pats her head. I notice all the jealous glares stares everyone in the crowd is giving her.

“Have a nice day.”

With that, Bobby waves to the girl as he enters the ‘off-limit’ door, making those in the crowd more jealous. Bobby seems like a really nice and friendly guy. How is he close with B.I, who’s like the exact opposite of him?

“Those two are really best friends? They’re like the exact opposites.” I said in disbelief.

“Opposites attract.” Jinhwan chuckled.

I nod as a tall, blond boy enters the academy, making all the girls scream. He’s wearing a plain tee, a pair of ripped-skinnies, a pair of Converses, and a knee-length cardigan. I find it funny that he’s wearing all black, which makes his blond hair stand out. The boy rolls his eyes and ignores everyone as enters the ‘off-limit’ door. Rude much.

“That’s Koo Junhoe, known as Ju-Ne, iKON’s maknae.”

That tall boy is iKON’s maknae?! As much as I was shocked to hear this piece of information, I notice the slight change in Jinhwan’s tone. He almost sounds annoyed to talk about Junhoe. Did something happen between them?

Before I could ask Jinhwan, another boy enters the academy. All the girls scream loudly as my jaw drops. The boy is wearing a black hoodie, a pair of light blue ripped-skinnies, and a pair of black compact boots. He flashes everyone a smile as he bows and waves to them. Overall, he looks like a handsome angel who is also a handsome prince in disguise. I’ve never seen any boy this handsome-

“He’s Song Yunhyeong, iKON’s eldest member.”

I stare at Jinhwan with wide eyes.

“iKON’s eldest member?! What class is he?!” I exclaimed in surprise.

Jinhwan raises an eyebrow at me as he crosses his arms.

“He’s a senior like me.”

He’s a senior?! No way! He looks young! Then again, he does look the most mature compared to the other three boys.

“Do you like him, Donghyuk?” Jinhwan asked in a serious tone as he stares at me seriously.

My eyes widens in surprise as I feel myself blushing. To be honest, I didn’t expect Jinhwan to ask me this kind of question so seriously. Usually, he would always tease me about my past crushes but he seems to not like iKON much. Maybe he’s just being overprotective.

“Do you like him, Donghyuk?” Jinhwan repeated in the same tone.

“N-No!” I shook my head.

Jinhwan just gives me a suspicious look. It’s obvious that he didn’t believe me. Feeling uncomfortable with the stare, I turn my head to look at the crowd. However, I freeze when I see Yunhyeong staring at me. I feel my cheeks getting warmer as he scans me from head to toe. When we make eye-contact, I notice a glint of interest in his eyes. Yunhyeong smirks at me then enters the ‘off-limit’ door. I gape in shock as I watch him leave. Did he just smirk at me?! I feel my cheeks burning hot. Wait, why am I blushing?! Stop blushing, Donghyuk! Stop-

“Let’s go, Donghyuk.”

Jinhwan grabs my wrist and drags me to class. Meanwhile, all I could think about is Yunhyeong's y annoying smirk and face.

~~~~~~~~

LOL!! THEY CHANGED THEIR COUPLE NAME TO YUNHYUK???!!!! X'D

IT'S OFFICIAL, FELLOW IKONICS!!! YUNDONG... ER... YUNHYUK IS REAL!!! :D

THEY CONFIRMED IT!!! ;D

LET'S SPREAD THE YUNDONG/YUNHYUK LOVE!!! <3

 

This is how iKON's 'off-limit' door looks like.

Well, exclude the "iKON Debut Full Album WELCOME BACK!!!" text and replace it with the iKON's members' names in this order:

B.I

Bobby

Yunhyeong

Ju-Ne

 

~Pictures aren't mine. They belong to rightful owner. :)