Drown - Part IV

Reverse Flux

The missile soared through the air, streams of brilliant light tailing close behind. Kyungsoo grit his teeth as they watched the scene of the beast closing in on Chanyeol. Kris was still at a standstill from his position in the sky torn between helping Chanyeol and just watching. Normally he would help, no problem, but the beast was so massive and he had no idea what it was capable of.

"Ignite, ignite! Damn it! Ahh.. Guess I won't be getting further than this, huh?" Chanyeol sighed, a cold sweat appearing as good seemed to slow down dramatically. He could see the pressurized water form, the rotating teeth dizzying. His body felt cold already, but maybe that was just the previous water getting past his natural heat barrier. "I'm gonna die on the first planet. Geez.." Chanyeol clenched his eyes at that point, the water closing in..

"No!"
 

A loud crash disrupted the darkness Chanyeol's eyelids created with several more crashes following. The sound of something sharp ripping through flesh rung throughout his ears, a thin shower of water further dampening him from above. Is this what death sounded like? But then something made him try to open his eyes anyway.. And the sight shocked him beyond belief.

"Your existence has only been saved because having you die right now would cause an annoying amount of grief from your team. Now stop gaping, get up, get dried and move!" Minseok seethed. The very points of his teeth were covered in frost along with various strands of his hair. But that wasn't what had the Phoenix carrier in shock. The grossly large beast was skewered by several large ice spikes through numerous vital areas of its body. To add to it was a large gaping hole in its chest that was still smoking, a faint glow of neon colors radiating.

"But.. How?" Kris murmured. He had seen Joonmyeon and Minseok going up to Chanyeol and then two separate flashes being carried out. One with a distinct whistling sound and the other causing the water from the beast to flash freeze.

"I contacted Minseok," Luhan spoke through telepathy with a grim tone. "Because I couldn't get through to you." Kris sighed at this, pulling his brown locks in various directions. Joonmyeon went to Chanyeol's side quickly to drain the water from him, encasing it in a bubble to throw back into the sea below.

"Do not be so sad, Kris. It's not your fault. There was a communication error when I was trying to get to you. It's odd how I managed to get to Minseok, but everything turned out fine. He's not.. He's not as malicious as he seems. He seems more troubled than anything." Luhan continued, Kyungsoo and Jongdae typing on the keyboards. Jongin was examining the screen, the video feed switching to several different points of view.

The beast twitched slightly as Minseok drew back from his position, the frost directly evaporating from his being. Chanyeol quickly thanked Joonmyeon as he kicked flames from the bottom of his boots to lift into the air again. The quicker he was away from the skewered beast, the better. Joonmyeon gave him a soft smile. When he tried to carry it over to Minseok, he noticed something odd. Even skewered in several places that should prove to be fatal to almost anything living, he noticed faint twitching. Minseok had its back to the monstrosity by now, so he was unaware.
 

"Minseok, there's-" Joonmyeon started, cut off by a snarl from the addressed man.

"You love talking when I don't want you to. Shut it." He growled, the frost threatening to return. Joonmyeon bit his lip before shaking his head and standing his ground.

"Knock it off, there's something going on with that thing and- Urk!" Joonmyeon managed to get out before he was silenced when the air rapidly thinned around him, sharply cutting his access to oxygen.

"I will not tell you again. I've had enough of you years ago. So be quiet!" He hissed, Joonmyeon gasping until Minseok released the air. Joonmyeon grasped at his neck, breathing heavily as he tried to replenish the oxygen supply in his lungs.

"Oi, is that thing still moving? Look.. Right there. You see?" Jongdae pointed to one of the screens, a view from Joonmyeon. The movement was very slight but, after being trained for years on how to detect such minute movement, it was as clear as day. Kyungsoo immediately frowned and attempted to establish a connection with one of them. Instead of getting through, a static screech flashed through both the receiver and the ship, a small shockwave rocking it sideways. Luhan let out a yelp behind them and Kyungsoo whipped around only to see that Luhan was on the ground with his hands over his head, a pained expression marring his face.

"Luhan! What's wrong?" Jongin knelt beside his partner, worry evident. Luhan only murmured in response, his eyes screwed shut in pain. Back at the plateau, the beast began to move again. Chanyeol and Kris frowned at one another before diving forward and picking up Minseok and Joonmyeon respectively.

"You saved me and now I have saved you! Doesn't this give you a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside?" Chanyeol singsonged, carrying Minseok bridal style. Minseok glared holes at him and was about to say something when the icicles simultaneously shattered and a roar filled the air. Chanyeol and Kris grunted as they were pushed forward, both of them turning around with their passengers. The beast had withdrew the tendrils and used its claws to shatter the icicles.

"I don't understand.. What is that thing?" Joonmyeon questioned, eyes examining the seemingly revived beast. Minseok only cursed under his breath whilst Chanyeol and Kris attempted to put distance between them and the abnormal creature.

"Huh. Guess it's not really alive, then, hm? I wonder.." Jongdae swiveled in his chair, looking over at the disrupter duo to still see Luhan hunched over, but no longer in pain. Curious.. Looking back at the screen, he hummed in question. Kyungsoo looked absolutely distraught and it wasn't before long when he slammed his fist into the wall of the ship.

"Blast it!" Kyungsoo growled, sighing in exasperation afterwards. Jongdae shook his head.

"We've already tried that, my little vixen, and even though it did some damage.. It didn't work. Maybe if it were alive it would have solved our problem." Jongdae replied, earning a glare from Kyungsoo.

"I'm going to stuff a wooden cork in all of your orifices if you don't stop talking." Kyungsoo sneered, a dark glint shining in his eyes. A visible shiver raining down the lightning Guardian's body.

"Ah, err.. Perhaps my jaw could use a rest after all.. Heh." Jongdae shrunk back in his seat, turning to type on the keyboards instead. Finally victorious in getting Jongdae to shut his yap, Kyungsoo resumed trying to reach the other members. As he worked on them, Yixing was making the final touches to both Sehun and Tao who were now back to full health. Baekhyun could only smile at the pair, even as they looked down in what appeared to be shame. Putting a hand on both of their knees to reassure them, Yixing only looked at his partner as he soothed them.
 

"Don't worry, all right? No one could have known about the crab that poisoned you two; it's not your fault." He nodded, Sehun and Tao looking up simultaneously.

"Don't fill their little heads with nonsense! You'll only be serving to make them more careless. Who's to say they won't try launching other creatures at one another on a different planet? Do not baby them, Baekhyun, please. They need to learn their lesson. There's no guarantee we'll be able to get to them in time the next time something like this occurs, you understand? Take for example the four that are not with us right now. If that beast harms them fatally right now, there's only a slim chance we can get to them. Sure, Jongin can teleport, but that will be putting even more of us in direct danger," Kyungsoo chided, teeth grinding at this point. Jongdae said nothing and continued typing and reading out reports of the current situation to himself. "Your partner is not a walking free clinic, Baekhyun, please keep this in mind. Luhan, see if you can contact any of them right now. We need audio feeds going since that shockwave from before jammed up the receivers in the ship. Jongdae's working on it, but we can only count on him so much."

Jongdae mumbled under his breath low enough to not let Kyungsoo hear, but he was somewhat right. Rocket Science and Technological Repairs weren't his strong classes. But maybe that was okay.. Getting up from his seat rather abruptly, Jongdae left the interior of the ship to travel outside. Taking a deep breath, the lightning guardian coated the pads of his fingers with an electrical web and pressed it against the hull of the ship. Gliding his hands over slowly, Jongdae moved as if he were trying to sense something. Paying him no attention, Kyungsoo swerved to face Luhan.
 

"Kris? Can you hear me?"

No response.

"Ah, Chanyeol? Are you there?"

No response.

"Joonmyeon? Can you hear me?"

No response.

"Minseok, are yo-"

"What? Yeah, I can hear you. Don't get used to this, twerp, it feels weird as hell talking to you like this."
 

"Ah, what a relief.. I can't get to the others. How are things faring over there? Our audio sensors are out and the video feed's malfunctioning. We're trying to get it fixed, but.." Luhan paused for a moment, the lights flickering on and off inside of the ship. Kyungsoo yelled something inaudible to Jongdae outside, but received no response. He crossed his arms, glaring at the door.

"We're putting distance-- or, at least trying to do that, between us and that thing. It's swimming after us." Minseok replied to the Luhan, eyes watching the beast as it swam towards their path of flight. At this height they didn't have to worry about it leaping up in time and catching them by surprise.

Luhan visibly shivered at the news, Jongin's eyes narrowing in question. The lights flickered a few more times before a rumbling whir went through the ship. Almost instantly after that occurred, video and audio feeds were restored. Kyungsoo cocked an eyebrow and began to viciously type on the multiple keyboards, Jongdae walking back into the ship with a large smile plastered on his face. Within seconds Kyungsoo had controls over all of their receivers and forced a visual feed to them.

"Listen to me; that thing isn't alive. Technically. I'm about to get it properly scanned after I type up a program. Fly in a few circles while I get that done." He instructed, fingers flying over several keys at a breakneck speed. On a screen that didn't give visual of anything outside of the ship displayed code being written at a speed none of the other Guardians could fathom. Jongdae frowned slightly at this, crossing his arms as his smile from earlier faded into a distant memory.

"Fly in circles? Man, I'm getting tired! This isn't the exercise program I signed up for," Chanyeol complained. "At least my passenger's light, though. Do you even eat, Minseok?" Minseok obviously didn't answer verbally, deciding to instead grind his teeth at Chanyeol. Chanyeol pouted a little, but otherwise let his second attempt at trying to talk to the older male flop.
 

Joonmyeon tilted his head from his position in Kris' hold, his gaze going over towards the high plateau peak from before. It had an odd band of fog around it at this point and he couldn't help but feel.. Drawn towards it. Looking over at Chanyeol and watching Minseok's eyes, he could see the slight trouble the other felt about the peak even if he wasn't directly looking at it. Joonmyeon tapped his receiver, noticing Kyungsoo glance towards him in acknowledgement.

"Can you scan for signs at that high plateau, too? Or at least figure out what it could be?" He asked, Kyungsoo cocking an eyebrow. Jongdae, however, interrupted.

"I'll do it, poseidon! Lets see, shall we?" Jongdae hummed, scooting his seat over to another pair of monitors. This planet had a lot of details written about it already, surprisingly, but he wasn't going to question as to why just yet. Perhaps later he'd bring it up with their superior. "Hm.. Odd. That plateau we're all so deathly curious about? It's a mountain. Or, to be precise, an inactive volcano." Jongdae read out, brows furrowing as he continued on the information about the new 'volcano'. "Mount Petrichor.."

"Petrichor? Who had the time to name a damn volcano something that's completely opposite of its purpose? Genius!" Kyungsoo sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Jongdae shook his head.

"It is inactive, after all. Perhaps the person was just.. I don't know. There's no author to this article. Or references.. Primary source, perhaps, but there's no further proof other than a little picture. I'll send it over to you guys now." Jongdae continued, swiping up on his screen to share the picture of Mount Petrichor in an unfogged state. Almost immediately this spurred a heart pulse inside of both Joonmyeon and Minseok. The beast below gave out a nasty roar, as if knowing the two found out more about the Volcano.
 

"Impossible.." Kyungsoo shook his head slowly, reading the signatures he was getting from the beast. Code. He was receiving code back. "It's.. Man made? This doesn't make any sense. Who, or what, would make that damn thing? And have the time to put it here? AND have the audacity to create it to be able to regenerate?!" He fumed, Jongdae putting a calm hand on his shoulder.

"Calm down, dear, I think we have this situation misread. Look.. I'll rewind this clip for you." Jongdae spoke, rewinding to just a few moments prior when he sent the picture. "Watch how both Joonmyeon and Minseok react." Kyungsoo watched and immediately noticed the duo clenching their eyes shut tightly. "And now.. Look at that beast."

Kyungsoo was dumbfounded, for once. "But why? Why did those two react and then that beast? It sent back encrypted code. Maybe if i decrypt it I can find out more-"

"I wouldn't do that. What if it sends back a virus? Remember every moment we came into contact with that thing. What was in common each and every time?" Jongdae asked, Kyungsoo looking down as he recalled each event. The first time was when it split the hill..

"We made a plan to go to Mount Petrichor. It split the hill and separated us. The second time was when Joonmyeon and Minseok were on that plateau near Mount Petrichor. It got fiercer." Kyungsoo replied, Jongdae nodding.

"And when I sent the picture, it reacted rather violently as well. That hill splitting roar was let loose again." He put a hand to his mouth, head cocked to the side. Luhan looked nervous, frowning.
 

"Is it.. Is it protecting Mount Petrichor?" He got a look from both Kyungsoo and Jongdae, but not of the condescending type. He probably had a point.

"If it is, who built that thing?" Jongin piped in, further raising questions to both Jongdae and Kyungsoo.

"We'll just have to find that out, now won't we? Kris, Chanyeol. Take yourselves and the passengers to Mount Petrichor's peak. That thing's guarding something." Kris huffed in response.

"Why is that a good idea? What fresh hell is wrong with this picture? You want us to go to where it's probably trying to keep us away?" Kris argued back, Kyungsoo narrowing his eyes.

"Look, if we do nothing it'll eventually run us off of this planet. If we get to the source of the thing's existence, we can probably put a stop to it. We obviously can't kill it with whatever we throw at it; it regenerates. Unless, of course, you had any brighter ideas. We'd be glad to hear them." Kyungsoo snapped back, Kris sighing in defeat.
 

"Fine. We're going." At that, both he and Chanyeol changed their direction towards the fogged peak of Mount Petrichor. As a response to this, the beast let out another shattering roar with an extra; a pressurized stream of water. Minseok channeled his powers to freeze the stream and shattered it, causing several icicles to rain down onto the beast. Buying them a few minutes of time, Minseok snapped his fingers.

"Go, while it's distracted!" He yelled, Chanyeol kicking extra flames out of his soles and Kris gripping Joonmyeon tighter as he raised his speed dramatically. Back at the ship, Kyungsoo and Jongdae had ventured to the beach just outside and began another round in the cannon and the former repaired any damage the shot from earlier caused.

"This should distract the beast whilst they go to Mount Petrichor. We'll aim it lower this time, though, so it'll require more force. The cannonball needs a propulsion system this time." Kyungsoo instructed, Jongdae pausing with what he was doing when Kyungsoo mentioned a propulsion system. He could manipulate electricity, sure, but not to that extent so far away. Both of them stood in silence before nodding simultaneously.
 

"What?!" Luhan exclaimed, Jongin's jaw dropping.

"It'll only be just for a few seconds! Seriously, there's like.. No chance of harm coming to you guys if you do this." Jongdae pleaded, Kyungsoo humming.

"Actually, there's only a very slim chance. About 4%."

"You're not helping!" Jongdae chided, Kyungsoo snorting.

"There's no point in lying to them. Anyway, we need you two for this. It'll also help the others get to Mount Petrichor with the least bit of chance of danger incurring to them." Kyungsoo continued, Jongdae giving a defeated sigh.

"Ah.. Okay, it couldn't hurt. I mean, we're all a team, right? Have to help the others." Luhan agreed, looking over at Jongin who could only shrug at this point. Smiling, Kyungsoo led the two of them out to the cannon with Jongdae in tow.
 

"So, here's the plan.. Jongdae will double charge this cannonball here in two separate parts. I'll go into the ship, reconfigure the firing program, and fire it. Jongin, you will teleport yourself and Luhan approximately 35 seconds after the cannonball fires to 10 miles straight ahead with a distance of 20 feet above the water's surface. At that point, Luhan, you must use your telekinesis to detach the outer portion of the cannonball in order to trigger the extra propulsion. If you do this properly, it'll descend underwater and accelerate towards the beast. I've already installed a tracking chip in the cannonball, so it'll hit the target. Understood?" Kyungsoo explained, both Luhan and Jongin looking at each other before giving resolute nods. He smiled. "Excellent. Remain here while I go get that firing system ready. And prepare yourself, Jongin. 10 miles forward, 20 feet above! After Luhan detaches the cannonball, get back here immediately." And with that, Kyungsoo returned tot he ship.

Jongdae tossed the cannonball up into the air and encased it in a flickering ball of chaotic voltage. Holding it there for a few seconds, he dropped it until it was just in front of him and created a smaller sphere of condensed electricity, focusing it on the core of the cannonball. Once done, he held the large, flickering cannonball in his hands as it crackled with wild bolts being strewn about. He looked at the duo near him with a small frown.

"You two ready? We're counting on you, y'know. But, uh, you know.. No pressure." He joked, placing the cannonball into the cannon before going over and slinging his arms over both of their shoulders. "Seriously, though, don't screw this up." He said lowly, eyes narrowed before he detached from the two and went back into the ship.
 

"On my command, cannon." Kyungsoo, in position, began. Jongdae crossed his arms and leaned against the wall of the ship as he and the others watched the screens ahead. Luhan squeezed Jongin's hand tightly for a second, giving him a small nod as Jongin took a deep breath.

"We're almost there..! But the air.. Urgh." Chanyeol groaned, the flames he was kicking out beginning to spurt in uneven amounts. He winced as the air thinned, restricting access to oxygen for both him and his flames. Kris was also struggling to breathe at this point. Joonmyeon and Minseok, however, were oddly fine. He was right, however, as the fogged peak of Mount Petrichor drew closer than ever. They could make out that the peak didn't reach a point, but was actually a large crater with a very faint light shining through the thick grey.

"Target locked! Jongin, Luhan! Get ready for your countdown." Kyungsoo shouted, the duo outside nodding just as Sehun and Tao got up to get a closer look at the screens themselves.

"It seems like they're struggling to keep going." Sehun pointed out, Jongdae watching as well. Kyungsoo, however, shook his head.

"There's only so much we can manipulate on a foreign planet. The atmosphere is past our boundaries. Ready..! Fire!" Kyungsoo went through with the command anyway, the program sending the command to the cannon just outside to fire the magnificent ball of shocking hues, the missile soaring through the air to split the water in two. Jongin began his countdown mentally, Luhan preparing himself as well.

"So hard to.. Breathe!" Chanyeol rasped out, his flames struggling to keep him going let alone airborne. Kris coughed a few times, eyes screwed shut. Joonmyeon decided to take the initiative and grit his teeth as he held both of his palms towards Kris' legs. With a grunt he sent out large streams of water to propel them forward. Minseok merely closed his eyes and made tight fists before extinguishing Chanyeol's flames and replacing them with cyclones of ice to blast them forward.
 

"R-really? Why couldn't.. You guys do this.. Earlier?!" Chanyeol gritted out, Minseok sighing.

"There was no need to expend so much energy at that point. Brace yourselves, though, we're getting close." Minseok replied, Chanyeol gasping at this point. Just as they drew closer, a monstrous roar rang out, louder than any of the others. Both Chanyeol and Kris' hearing were rendered temporarily useless and they both let out a sharp cry of pain.

"No..!" Tao exclaimed, going up the screen only to have Kyungsoo pull him out of the way.

"They'll be alright! Calm yourself." He said, holding the taller male by the shoulders. Just outside, Jongin and Luhan vanished in a swirl of darkness and appeared at the approximate location described. Letting go of Luhan's hand, Jongin felt himself descend. Taking this as the cue, Luhan located, locked on and detached the lower portion of the cannonball. Like Kyungsoo said, the cannonball gained immense speed and descended into the water. Falling backwards, Luhan turned himself around and reached for Jongin's hand before he could contact the water. Once their hands connected, Jongin pulled his partner close to him and they both vanished in a void laced smoke, just millimeters above the water. They both appeared back on the sand, right next to the practically destroyed cannon.

"Phew.. We did it." Jongin laughed lightly, Luhan giving him a wide smile with a nod. Luhan quickly stood up, holding his hand out towards Jongin to pull him up as well. They walked into the ship afterwards, Kyungsoo giving them a thumbs up for their work. Now all they could do was wait and see how everything played out. Ahead, near Mount Petrichor's peak, the beast from before stopped at the very base of the mountain. Chanyeol and Kris, temporarily deaf, could no longer respond to anything as they desperately fought for the return of their hearing. Chanyeol flew into a panic and Minseok ejected himself from the younger male. Joonmyeon gasped but when he felt Kris grab onto him, he started to shake his head quickly. Obviously unable to hear but able to decode what Joonmyeon was going to say, Kris defied him anyway and propelled him forward. Chanyeol, now falling rapidly towards the base of Mount Petrichor, shook his head rapidly. Kris regained control faster, albeit still deaf, and made a nosedive towards Chanyeol until he could reach his arm. Grasping it, Kris repositioned himself upright to carry him instead of letting him drop to his own death. The beast gave out another deafening roar, vibrating the air painfully for the flying duo.
 

And then it happened.
 

A sickening crash, sharp electrical bolts and a lightshow of glorious colors filled the eyes and senses of all four of them. The roar immediately stopped as the beast, momentarily stunned once again, began to descend into the ocean. Kris found refuge on a cliff nearby and dropped himself and Chanyeol on it. The both of them panted heavily as their hearing began to gradually return.

Mount Petrichor's peak was now within reach and seconds later, Minseok and Joonmyeon broke through the dense fog and touched ground. Unable to decipher why the thin air was ineffective, the both of them gave each other contradicting looks. Joonmyeon gave Minseok a smile as Minseok glared poisonous daggers at him. Before they could revert into another one-sided argument, a strong heart pulse tugged at their bodies. And the faint light from before materialized.

"What.. Is that thing?" Joonmyeon questioned, Minseok walking ahead towards the center of the crater. In the center was a cage of sorts, made of material unknown to them, and inside of that cage..

"A heart.. Of ice?" Minseok tilted his head, noticing the strange object had veins of a liquid that could only be water of some nature. Another pulse tugged at the both of them and they grunted in unison, noticing the oddity before them seemed to beat. The fog around the peak grew towards them ominously as they gazed upon the heart of ice, the air growing thinner than before. That's when they could finally feel the effects that wracked the bodies of both Chanyeol and Kris.

"Ugh! Is this.. This thing's doing?" Joonymeon asked, staggering up to Minseok's side. Minseok could only shrug, one eye clenched shut as he reached for the cage. The beating of the icy heart seemed to pick up as his hand neared it, but a strong gust of freezing wind blew him backwards and flat on his bottom.

"Agh.." He groaned, shaking his head. Joonymeon, now the closest to the cage, tried to reach for it at that point. Another anomaly occurred and a burst of water, from out of seemingly nowhere, shot him back down and next to Minseok. "What the hell?" Minseok cursed, noticing the fog began to curl over and above them. Both he and Joonmyeon looked at each other and he sighed.

"Look, Minseok.. I'm sorry, okay? I was a huge jackass to you those years before. But maybe.. At least just for right now, I need you to forgive me for a few seconds so we can get that thing. It's not letting us get to it individually." Joonmyeon pleaded, Minseok looking away from him with a scowl on his face. Despite his pleas, Minseok got up alone and began to edge towards the caged heart. Alone. Joonmyeon scampered to his feet quickly to catch up to him, but Minseok was pushed back again with more force this time.

"Never! Never will I forgive you. No words you can say can fix what you did to me. None! I'll get this done on my own." He griped stubbornly, crawling back as the air started to thin to nothing. Joonymeon whimpered as he fought for both oxygen and Minseok's trust once more. The fog grew dark and started to cave in towards them, the heart beginning to beat slower.

"Minseok, please! Just.. Just for a few.. Ugh, seconds!" Joonmyeon, scratched at the ground, crawling up to Minseok who was just about to reach the cage again. Minseok shook his head stubbornly, however, and pulled himself forward to get away from Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon cried out at this, slamming his fist against the ground.

"Your aunt showed me! I didn't know, okay?! I.. I just.. I have no valid excuse for what I did, I know, but just please! You can hate me again after this, but.. We can't do this alone!" He pleaded with Minseok again, tearfully. Minseok was panting at this point as the fog seemed to the life force out of them. The heart began to beat slower.. Slower..
 

Then the cage shattered.
 

Holding onto Minseok's hand, Joonmyeon reached the cage with his other just as both of their visions darkened. Minseok coughed out one last thing as the frozen heart rolled down between them.

"I'll never.. Forgive you."

The fog screeched and condensed into a ball of black, swirling viciously before soaring high up into the air and going down the side of Mount Petrichor. Just as it did, the monstrous beast from earlier rose from the sea and opened its gaping jaws with Chanyeol and Kris in its sight. Before it could chomp down, however, the fog entered into its mouth. Shutting its jaws abruptly, the beast descended back into the ocean and sent a large shockwave out that slowly extended further. Mount Petrichor shook violently and, where the cage was shattered, splotches of red began to appear.

"What the hell?" Kyungsoo questioned, quickly getting to his seat. "Luhan! Contact them, immediately! Mount Petrichor's.. Becoming active." He gasped as the views showed both Joonmyeon and Minseok dangerously close to where the red began to appear. Luhan wasted no time, focusing strongly on trying to get into contact with his brother. As he did this, however, the shockwave reached their part of the planet and knocked them all off of their spots. Baekhyun scrambled off of Yixing when he fell off of him, Luhan preventing himself, Jongin, Tao and Sehun from falling as Jongdae quickly moved to catch Kyungsoo. Nonetheless, Luhan continued.

"Kris, can you hear me? Mount Petrichor's not as inactive as we thought. Minseok and Joonmyeon are right where it's about to erupt. We need you guys to get them and get out of them. Please!" Luhan spoke telepathically, Kris getting his message loud and clear. He relayed the message to Chanyeol and they both quickly flew up. The air was no longer thin, but it was getting hot with temperatures steadily rising. Luckily, neither Chanyeol nor Kris were particularly bothered by the heat. So, grabbing them both and the surprisingly still-frozen ice heart, they quickly fled the scene as Mount Petrichor began to rumble violently. Back at the ship, Kyungsoo was contacting the mothership and preparing the scout ship for takeoff.
 

"We got them. Any signs of that creature?" Kris asked, now speaking into the receiver. Kyungsoo shook his head, a smile on his lips. Luhan breathed a sigh of relief and sat down, running a hand through his hair.

"Negative. There's absolutely no signatures emanating from it or where it impacted the ocean. However, I think we need to get the hell out of here. Meet us halfway and board the scout ship; we're going back to the mother ship." Kyungsoo directed, the boosters engaging as everyone else began to take their seats and buckle in. Minseok and Joonmyeon were still unconscious, but the frozen heart was beating at regular intervals, much to Chanyeol's dismay.

"Augh. This thing's so gross." He groaned, both he and Kris spotting the scout ship as it ascended. Kyungsoo opened the hatch doors and they boarded the ship, settling Minseok and Joonmyeon down in their seats and strapping them in before getting into their own. Closing the hatch doors and checking to make sure everything was clear, Kyungsoo directed the ship towards the mothership just as Mount Petrichor erupted in a fiery rage, threatening to destroy the planet itself and start anew. The ice heart seemed to resonate a faint message as they left the atmosphere of Oasis, Minseok and Joonmyeon stirring.


"Thank you.."

 

---- Note : Yep. It's been a biiit over two years. Yeah, I.. I don't really know what to say. Sorry. My muse is back, though, but I won't make any promises like 'Updates every week!' since I don't know what'll really happen. But I hope this chapter makes up for a bit.