Meeting

The Simon Says

서울

20:00 KST

 

I was at the cafe doing my work since i need to make money. It's cold as inferno because it's winter. The snow began to fall and people are still out there doing some kind of stuffs called 'The Nite Live'. While me, everyday cleans some dirty plates, cups and dirty tables. 

"Airene!Please lock the door when you're done!" Said the manager

My name is Airene Kim. Twenty one years old. I'm all alone amd no one's love me, even my own pet dog. I live alone at the apartment next to this cafe. But sometimes i fell asleep at the kitchen or at the bar. My life is a mess, everytime i go to bed, i wish that i die on the next morning. But, i don't know why...

I think God didn't love me anymore

So i didn't believe in God and his Angels. Except the Clockwork Angel, a pendant that my father left for me before he died because of pneumonia.

All of the workers had went to their own home, leaving me alone at the cafe. It's not a big deal, since as you guys know that i am alone.

Knock! Knock!

There's a drunk guy who knocked the door. He's tall, well build and pretty handsome but not a cute person. His face were all bruises. I bet he just fought with some bad guys that usually gathers at the playground or the park across the street. The guy looked at me in the eyes. I thought that he was begging me to open the cafe. 

"Well, i'm sorry but we are closed," i said

But he fell and fainted in front of me. I sighed and dragged him to the kitchen. I tried to put him on the top of the pantry. I smell something bad and ew from him. I smell blood, i took off his jacket. He had been stabbed by those guys. I don't know many things about medic, but maybe some first aid will help him to survive.

I took a napkin and a wine to clean his wound. He were hiss and moan all the time. After that, i took a bandage and covered his wound with it.

Should i leave him alone at the cafe? Or should i sleep here? 

I stared at his face. Kind of an 'Eongmangjinchang' (mess). So i decided to stay at the cafe for one night with him.

 

-------

The next morning.

Sunday

 

The cafe owner decided to not open the cafe this day, because he want to give his worker a break. Good thing that i didn't need to take him to my apartment in the early morning. I went to the kitchen to check his condition. I googled my eyes. 

He woke up, and without a single clothes on his upper body, showed his scars and tattoos. I blushed and i wanted to scream. But i managed my face as soon as he looked at me.

"Did you help me last night?" He said

"Yes," i answered while stare him at the eyes

He stood and he walked to me. I didn't dare to start a chat because he's extremely different from the last night i saw him. He went from 0 to 100 real quick.

"W.. what's your name?" I asked.

"Simon. Simon Dominic, what about you?" he said while wearing his clothes.

"Airene Kim"

"How sweet.." 

He stared at the pendant on my chest, The Clockwork Angel. I held it as fast as i could to manage myself, it's kind of a habbit. He touched my hand. Suddenly i had a flashback of his past.

I saw a teenage boy. It's him, he shrugged and punched anything he could punch. He's a mess just like me, but maybe at the lower class. I heard some screams saying, "You are unwanted! You are not a part of this family! You're not my son!"

And much sad things to be seen. I saw the Clockwork Angel stood in front of me. Holding his sword while staring at me.

"You have to help him out from this mess. After he went back into a normal guy. God will grant your wish"

After that, my vision went back to normal.

"So.. i think you have saw everything from my past," he said. His face turned into another expression. He went out of the cafe and i followed him.

"Wait! Ahjussi! Where do you live!?"

Why the hell on earth i called him Ahjussi?

"Call me Simon.."

"Well, Simon... where do you live?"

"None of your bussiness, Airene," he kept walk further

"The Clockwork Angel said that i need to help you!!"

"Clockwork Angel is just a ing fairytale!"

"Simon! Wait!"

I want God grant my wish. I want to die as soon as possible. Simon is the key, Simon is the key. I can't loose him!

I chased him and grabbed him by the hand. He looked at me. "Leave me alone, Airene"

"No.. i can't. Let me help you"

"I don't need any help"

"C'mon! You're a mess! Even your wound! And your soul also!"

"I'm not the kind of people who believe in Jesus"

"Well, too. But to be a better person"

He chuckled

"Well, Ms. Airene. Thanks a lot, but i don't need it"

I should tell him the truth. "I want to die! Everytime i try to suicide i always survive and the Clockwork Angel said that this is the only way! By helping you to be a better person! Making his own money and not stealing the others'"

He told you guys, i saw everything..

He sighed and said, "Listen Miss.. i don't want to change! I love my own life! Hippie-hop, doing yada-yada stuffs, smoke weed, and playing with girls! I can kill you with a ing knife and let you bleed to death. Death is that simple!"

"Simon please!"

"What if i say no!?"

This is gonna be hard...