Final.

Wake Up

“Hello Ms. Kwon.” He said as he closed the door behind him, while his two female companions went ahead of him holding clip boards containing papers that I won’t bother to look at that much.

 

“Good evening.” I replied back and bowed.

 

“We’ll be going now…”

 

“Ok, thank you very much.” I gave a small smile as I eyed the door behind him.

 

“It’s my job, I’ll see you later.” He then walked away.

 

After trailing him off with my eyes I opened the door silently and entered the four-cornered white room. Faint sounds are the only noise that can be heard as I made my way towards the beautiful figure on the bed.

 

“Hey baby…” I let my words falter.

 

“Hi Yul.” She greeted me back with an energetic approach; her smiles making me forget every miserable thing that happened to me all throughout the day.

 

“Tiffany, sorry I’m late.” I made my way to her and sat on the bed and gave her a small peck on the cheek.

 

“It’s ok, the important thing is that you are here…” that smile of hers; I would never get tired seeing that precious thing my whole life.

 

“So…uh…what did you do today?” I shifted my position and sat right beside her.

 

“It was fine, a lot of things to do here and there.” She placed her head unto my shoulder, closed her eyes and let out a light sigh.

 

“Awww, my baby seems tired.”

 

“I’m not—“the last word was inaudible as she reverted it into a yawn.

 

“Take a good night rest Fany.” I tried to move but then she stopped me from my small movement.

 

“Stay here…” she placed her down to my shoulders but closer to my chest, while her hand snugged around my waist.

 

“You won’t be comfortable…”

 

“I’m comfortable like this…” she tightened her hug and locked herself in place.

 

I let my hands move the locks of her hair away from her face and then gently pat the arm that was around me, like a mother wanting to have her child a good night sleep.

 

I can’t help but stare at her as the calm demeanor surfaces and shows completely on her face. How lucky am I to have someone like her be mine. I glued my eyes unto her as I watch how her chest heaved an up and down movement in rhythm. I didn’t know how long I did that until I felt my eyes droop slowly, the moment I opened them, it was already morning.

 

I felt someone poking my cheek but I didn’t pay attention to it at first, not until when I noticed that it’s not stopping, it continued like a tick of a clock.

 

“Ughh…” I groaned as I turned myself to look at the other side of the bed.

 

“Yu-ri-yah…” I heard a soft call, but since I’m still half way at the end of my dreamland I just let it go.

 

I heard a giggle. I fluttered my eyes open then felt a pair of soft flesh touch my lips. Instead of continuing to open up my eyes, I closed them back again and savored the sweet moment that was currently going on.

 

I had my eyebrows crease when it retreated, getting a bit irritated of the sudden loss of the fluffy feeling.

 

“You should get up now Yuri, wakey-wakey…” that kiss surely woke me up.

 

I sat up and let out a morning yawn and stretched like a cat. “Good morning Fany-ah…”

 

“Morning baby…” she showed that eye smile of hers as she leaned herself and gave me a quick peck on the lips. “I can tell you enjoyed that morning kiss I gave you.”

 

“I would have enjoyed it more if it was longer…” I rubbed my eyes and let the drowsiness go away.

 

“So cute!” she squealed.

 

“You love me too much don’t you?”

 

“Well…yes, because I know you love me the same…” she hovered on top of the bed since she was kneeling beside it a while ago.

 

“Confident much?” I told her, I was kidding though. She frowned at my choice of words and I swear she looks so attractive whenever she does that. But it’s still better when I see her breath-taking smile.

“Why?” there it is, a sulking Tiffany Hwang, a part of her that I enjoy cooing at. She’s too cute to be true.

 

I pinched her cheeks and shook it along slightly. “Ah~ I’m just kidding Fany-ah…”

 

What happened next was a bit unexpected, but that that doesn’t mean I didn’t quite expect it at all.

 

“I know…” she said with an alluring tone with her voice huskier than usual. She pinned me down with a smile of victory plastered on her face.

 

I chuckle with her actions, dominant Tiffany is sometimes hard to let out of her cage. “So you know? You can be quite…uhm…what do they call that? Bipolar sometimes baby…”

 

She continued with her sly movements as she’s completely above me and was now straddling me. I’m in her palms now. “A little teasing won’t hurt, right Yul?”

 

I replied with a smirk, in which I guess she understood, completely.

 

“Good.” But of course, though she wanted to be dominant I would love it even better if I would be the one to give her that delightful feeling first.

 

In a snap of a finger I flipped our positions together. Now that’s more like it.

 

“Yah~ so unfair.” There she is again, frowning. But that didn’t last.

 

“Not really…” I kissed her eyebrows in between separating them apart. I trailed from there down to the tip of her nose, up to the luscious lips of hers that I wouldn’t mind to return to everyday.

 

The contact that was supposed to be just a sweet touch turned into something a little bit more aggressive. She turned her head in every possible way just to keep the kiss going. Her hands roaming through my back while mine went under the thin fabric covering her body.

 

My legs interlocking in between hers, as I s my arms around her stomach underneath her shirt. Having the need to breath, I parted my lips from hers and trailed the kiss to the edges of her lips, the tips of her jaw and unto her neck.

 

“Y-Yuri…” she let out a throaty moan as I on the sweet flesh.

 

I nibbled on her neck and found my way down to her collarbones. As she stopped her hands from roaming my back and let them be to the side, I took the opportunity to caress my hands out of her stomach, which earned me a soft whimper from her.

 

I held both of her hands in place as I left butterfly kisses unto her collarbones and letting my knee touch her warm covered property.

 

“A-ah…Y-Yuri—“ I looked at her as her eyes closed at the pleasure I’m giving her.

 

Slowly, I ed her blouse with one hand which revealed her pink bra. I stared at her as her face turn into her favorite color. I returned my way back to those lips and stayed there for a few moments while my free hands caress her waist. I kissed her passionately and she returned them with the same intimacy, it was something that was filled with love; not too gentle and not too rough, it was just right, a perfect action at the perfect moment.

 

I left her lips and continued down to the valley of her , I can feel her shuddering lightly under me. I let go of her hands and she encircled me lovingly. She held me by the cheek as she darted her lips to mine, I just smiled in between every sweet encounter with her sweet delicacies.

 

We stopped, our foreheads pressed together. “That was nice…”

 

“It was…” she replied, as she place both her arms around my neck.

 

“I loved the minty taste of your lips…”

 

“So do I. How come you don’t have that morning breath?” she stared at me lovingly and I did the same, I just can’t get enough of this woman.

 

“I don’t know…” I smiled at her, letting her see my whole set of teeth. “Fany-ah…?”

 

“Hm?” she hummed.

 

“Thank you for waking me up and of course being the first person I see when I open my eyes.”

 

“And I wouldn’t mind to that every day.” She gave me a last quick peck.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

“A little…”

 

“Ok then, let’s eat. I’ll buy something to eat.”

 

“Oh, no Yul. How about we eat later at dinner? I have to go to work.” We both sat at the bed.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat first?”

 

“I’ll just eat there ok?”

 

“How about I meet you there at lunch?”

 

“That sounds ok to me, but don’t you have work today?”

 

“Nope, I don’t. So it’s settled then. I’ll buy you some food for lunch.”

 

“Ok, now let’s get up. I have to take a bath.”

 

“I’ll take a bath too, I’ll come with you” I gave her a sheepish smile.

 

“No Kwon, you won’t.” she answered almost immediately.

 

“Why? Let’s finish what we started a while ago.”

 

“Don’t whine we can’t ok. I might get late.”

 

“At least let me button your blouse…please?”

 

“Ugh…fine.” I started buttoning it slowly, but a little teasing won’t hurt right?

 

I deliberately let my fingers brush unto her sensitive skin; I can see her biting her lip which is very y as she tries to look away from me. I leaned in closer to her chest acting like buttoning her clothing was hard thing to do, I let out a small exhale as I blew warm air to her collarbones, and from there I felt her breath hitch a little.

 

“Done!” I exclaimed happily.

 

“Y-Yah!” she slapped my hand which made me chuckle loudly. She was red as beet.

 

“W-Why?” I asked but it was obvious though, I still continued laughing which earned me another slap on the arm.

 

“T-tha— I-I…arghh” she went off the bed and headed to the bathroom, I can still see the red color up to her ears though.

 

***                                                                                         

 

“You are going already?” I asked her as she was already in her uniform with her hair tied into a pony tail. She looked lovely.

 

“Yes.” She replied shortly.

 

“I’ll take you there…” as I was about to stand up from the couch she stopped me.

 

“No need Yul, I can go there by myself ok…”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Of course. I’m Tiffany Hwang alright.”

 

“Yeah, yeah… You are Tiffany Hwang, the very first female police officer who was able to rank top of her class, I know…”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“But please…be careful Fany-ah…” I can’t help but worry for her sometimes, it’s just that her line of work is so dangerous. A lot of ‘What if’s’ comes to my mind whenever she would bid her good bye to go to her work.

 

“I’ll be fine…” she gave me a quick peck on the lips and a hug before she waved goodbye and went out of the door.

 

***                                                                                         

 

Two hours before it strikes noon. I went out of the building, smiling at anyone I would run into.

 “Ms. Kwon, where are you going?” he asked me. The guy in whom I keep meeting for almost every day, two months to be exact.

 

“Oh, I’ll be going outside, I’m going to buy some food to prepare for this afternoon.”

 

“Is that so? Be careful out there ok?”

 

“Yes, I will.”

 

I bought everything that I think I would ever need for later, I would cook something for Tiffany…just in case she ever—

 

After an hour I was back to the building that I keep going back too. I cooked the food, and prepared it just the way she likes it.

 

“Hey Fany!” I called her lifting the food that I brought her.

 

She stopped whatever she was doing and flashed me a smile while gesturing me to come to her.

 

“Yuri…”

 

“Here’s the food that I promised you…eat well ok, you’ll need it.” I placed them down on her desk, everything she needed, plate, spoon, fork, water, glass, it’s all there.

 

“How sweet…” she patted my head like a puppy.

 

“Enjoy.” I watched her intake the food that I prepared. I knew she’d like it.

 

“Wow.  Yuri~ you’re the best girlfriend ever!” She exclaimed while smiling widely showing those eyes of hers that would turn crescent whenever she smiles.

 

“Glad you liked it.”

 

“Thank you Yuri~”

 

“Anything for you Fany-ah~”

 

We talked and talked until her lunch time was over and it was time to go back to her work.

 

“Dinner later ok.”

 

“Yes, Yul. We’ll have dinner later.”

 

“Take care; please don’t put yourself in danger…”

 

“Yul, when I had this job my life has always been in danger.” I frowned at her reply, of all things why would she have this choice of words.

 

“Exactly.” I told her sternly.

 

“I-I’m sorry…ok, I promise, I’ll take care.” She hugged me and I hugged her back, then I went out of the Police Department Office.

 

***

 

All I did was walk back and forth around Tiffany’s room, thinking. I was thinking about anything that would come into mind.

 

I stopped what I was doing and got out of the room.

 

“I have to prepare dinner…”

 

I did everything I could to make our dinner perfect, well almost perfect. I arranged it from the very tiny detail, from the table cloth, utensil arrangement, the drinks, everything.

 

I waited until the clock’s hands strikes nine. She hasn’t arrived yet, this got me anxious so the only option I had was to call her.

 

Every ring that I hear on the other line is equal to the hard pound on my chest, I was nervous and I didn’t know why. I just wished that my thoughts were wrong.

 

“Hello.” I said with mixed emotions, half happy that she answered and half nervous.

 

“H-Hello..” her voice ragged and  almost breathless.

 

“T-Tiffany! W-Where are you?”

 

“Y-Yuri?! No, Yuri…I-I can’t talk right n—“ I didn’t hear the last word clearly when it was suddenly covered by a loud gunshot.

 

“Fany! Is that a gunshot I hear? What’s going on?!” I was now in a state of panic, Oh God please no…

 

“Yuri not now!”

 

“Fan—“ from there, I heard another shot and the line went dead. Mixed thoughts flooded my mind.

 

Without any second thoughts I grabbed my wallet and hurriedly went outside to get a cab.

 

“Please take me to 3rd Avenue’s Police Department!! Please hurry!” I shouted in a swift.

 

The moment the cab started, I prayed, like a lot.

 

Maybe they were in a target practice…

 

Maybe she was supervising something…

 

I tried to think of all positive scenarios, drifting my mind away from the fact that something bad could happen.

 

“Here ahjussi keep the change.” I went out the cab as soon as we reach our destination. I ran inside the building and looked around. I was almost hysterical but there’s still a hint of hope.

 

“W-Where’s Tiffany?! Where is Fany?!” I asked every colleague of hers.

 

“Y-Yuri…she was in an operation. It was a sudden out spurt.

 

“An operation? Is she alright?! Do you have news abo—“ a ring of a phone stopped me from I was about to say.

 

“Hello…” the guy on the table asked. Everyone was silent. A frown was slowly etched on his face.

.

.

.

.

“Officer Hwang was shot…” that was it. Everything went blank. Everything went silent. My eyes got clouded with tears.

 

***

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany! Please baby, don’t do this!” I let my emotions out as I held Tiffany’s hand while I ran with the nurses as they push the stretcher. I didn’t mind that blood has been smeared on me, I just want her to be ok.

 

Her eyes barely open and her breathing was slow. What gave me hope was when she was managing to hold my hand as tight as she could, I gave her assurance as I looked at her caressing her cheek softly and encouraging her with words that even I needed.

 

“Tiffany please, fight ok? You can do this. You’re one of the greatest officer right, because you’re Tiffany Hwang. So please Fany. Don’t do this… I still want you to wake me up every morning, you promised me that you will right?” I continued until, her hands loosed grip on mine and I was the only one who kept holding on.

 

“No! No! Fany! Tiffany no!”

 

“I’m sorry ms. But you can’t go any further from here.”

 

I grabbed the doctor by his coat and uttered words and wishes that I would like for him to grant. “Please! Save her, save her. I’m begging you…” my voice muffled with my cries.

 

“We will try our best…”

 

***

 

I set the dinner I prepared unto the bedside table, I looked at her as she sleeps peacefully on the hospital bed.

 

“Ms. Kwon?”

 

“Oh…Dr. What is it?”

 

“Her vitals are fine as usual, don’t worry. We saved her alright.”

 

“But why isn’t she waking up?”

 

“She will Yuri…she will. Ok I’m leaving, call me when you need me.”

 

“Ok.” I smiled at him as he went out the door.

 

I darted my eyes back to her and approached her slowly. I sat on the chair beside her and stared at her beautiful face that I’ve been staring at for the past two months. The sound of the machine was the only noise that can be heard, the machine that tells me that she’s alive.

 

“Fany~ I prepared dinner for you…” I tried to calm myself down and stop myself from crying. “When are you going to wake up? I’ve been longing to see your smile whenever you wake me up every morning, I miss that Fany, I miss you.”

 

I held her hand and kissed it, my tears falling down continuously.

 

“Fany,  wakey wakey~”

 

I bit my lip trying to suppress any more of the upcoming tears but it didn’t help. I buried my face unto the sheets, never letting go of her hand.

 

That’s when I felt like an angel just touched me…no I felt something move. Without further a due I lifted my face up and saw that she was squeezing my hand with effort, Tiffany was holding my hand, though it was weak it made me happy…even happier when I saw her slowly open her eyes.

 

“F-Fany…” I uttered softly, she looked at me as she let her eyes adjust to the light. “Y-You’re awake… Fany…You’re awake…”

 

“H-Hey…” she said weakly, her voice hoarse for it was dry.

 

“Good evening…” I can’t help myself but smile as I see the love of my life talk to me, she’s fine, she’s awake.

 

I called the doctor instantly.

 

“She’s fine now, just a little bit more rest and she’s good to go…” the doctor said after checking her.

 

“T-Thank you…”

 

“I feel happy for you, kid…” he said before leaving the two of us alone.

 

I ran to her side and just looked at her, her face still pale but she was blooming. No one could describe on how happy I am right now.

 

“Feeling alright?” I asked her as I held her hand and caressed the back of it with my thumb.

 

“Hm.” She gave a short reply which was enough.

 

“Take a rest ok, I’ll be right here.” I assured her then gave her a lengthy kiss on the forehead.

 

Her eyes closed slowly. She fell asleep as I heard soft snores coming from her, what made me happy is that she never held my hand loosely, no matter how weak she is at the moment she still kept hold of me.

 

***

 

“Good morning beautiful…” I placed the locks of her hair behind her ears. It’s been months since she was released from the hospital. She was given an eight month leave from her job, though I wanted her to resign she never agreed to it. Saying that if it was her time it will be her time.

 

“Good morning…” she rubbed her eyes cutely.

 

“I can never get enough of you…” I nuzzled my nose into her and hugged her tightly.

 

“Same… thanks for waking me up…” she said as she hugged me back.

 

“Yeah, I don’t want you to over sleep you know…”

 

“That’s not what I was talking about…” from there I knew, for several months she’s been saying this to me every morning. Ever since she got discharged I would always wake up first before her, I wanted to be the one who gets to wake her up and give her the light of day.

 

“Thank you for waking me up from that deep slumber…”

 

“Anything for you Fany, I will always be here, no matter what. I’ll wake you up in every matter needed. But thank you too…”

 

“For what?”

 

“Thank you for listening to my words about you waking up, when you listened to them and when I saw your eyes open, you woke me up from a very bad dream… a nightmare where I would never be with you and feel your love again…” I felt my tears flow slowly.

 

Tiffany smiled and pulled me in for a kiss, a long one. I let both our feelings flow and let them show how much I missed her and how much she misses me too.  I kissed with all my love like my life depended on it, how I wanted to make her feel how happy I am that she’s finally back to my arms.

 

“I love you Tiffany…”

 

“I love you too Yuri…”

 

 

The end. Leave a comment to help me with some mistakes ^_^