Sunglasses and Advil

Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

It was another half an hour before Byulyi managed to pick herself (and her phone) up off the ground and start her own personal walk of shame home.

 

When she got to her apartment it was 5 in the morning. She fumbled with her keys before opening the door and dragged herself to her bedroom after locking the door behind her. In her room, she stripped down to her underwear and tossed her clothes on the ground. Her pipe and weed baggie fell out of her jacket pocket. She picked both of them up and placed the pipe on her dresser before taking the baggie to the bathroom. She emptied its contents into the toilet and flushed, she felt like a small weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

 

She looked in the mirror and saw herself for once, she was tired and in need of a shower, but she knew if she got in right now she would fall asleep and drown or something stupid. So she brushed her teeth and washed her face. She took another look in the mirror and she saw someone that she felt she could learn to love.

 

She flopped down on her bed and fell asleep almost immediately. Tomorrow would be an advil and sunglasses kind of day, but for now she dreamt of dancing with a beautiful girl named Wheein.