1/1

Feelings.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Meet Wu Yifan, the well-known 'Mr Dating Expert' right now at XXX to fix your relationship problems!—"

 

 

 

 

"You need this, hyung."

 

"You think so?"

 

"I know so. You don't have to find another guy, hyung. You just need to bring your emotions back."

 

"But Chanyeol, can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure, hyung."

 

"Why do I have to meet this Wu Yi guy when he's a specialist in relationships?"

 

"..."

 

"Is he a Korean?"

 

"He's a Chinese Canadian."

 

"Do you think that I will be able to communicate with him?"

 

"He speaks Korean, hyung. Or else why would the DJs promote him here?"

 

"..."

 

"Hyung, please. Don't do it for me but do it for yourself."

 

Junmyeon keeps on being silent. The taller guy who's sitting across him over the small circle-shaped table sighs heavily before putting his phone back to his pocket. He then buries his face in his arms before groaning slightly. Junmyeon pokes onto one of his arms, "Are you angry at me, Chanyeol?" The tall guy named Chanyeol leans his back on the comfy chair and lets out a sarcastic laugh. 

 

"Oh no, I'm not. I just feel so happy because you just turned down a cool offer from me," He retorts sarcastically. Junmyeon stares deeply into the taller guy's eyes, "You don't sound so happy." Chanyeol sighs again before holding onto both of his senior's hands, "This is why I want you to get your emotions back, hyung. Don't you think it's a great idea to fix yourself? I even recorded the DJs promoting that guy. Please?" Chanyeol looks at him with pleading eyes.

 

If any customers are there in the nice cozy coffee shop looking at them, they may think that the tall guy is begging forgiveness to the other male. If they only know the real story. Just when Chanyeol thinks that he should give up, his senior finally says something that made him show his pearly white teeth. "Where's the place again?" Chanyeol sends him all of the information about the 'Mr Dating Expert' via text message.

 

Junmyeon takes his time reading the biography of this Wu Yifan on his phone while Chanyeol watches him with intense eyes. In a situation like this, a normal person will feel uncomfortable if he or she's being watched intently but for Junmyeon, he doesn't even feel that way. Junmyeon has lost all of his emotions. How? Only Chanyeol knows about it. He met Junmyeon since high school and became friends ever since.

 

Both of them share almost everything they go through from their daily lives. There are no secrets between them. That was how he found out his senior has been crushing over this good looking guy. Chanyeol wanted to help him to go on a date. Junmyeon refused at first because the guy he has a crush on was quite popular in their school. Not to mention he was even in the same classes with them.

 

Junmyeon will become a pretty clumsy guy when it comes to good looking guys. He will stutter a lot and his face becomes pink or even red sometimes, Chanyeol notices but he finds it cute. For Chanyeol, Junmyeon is an adorable looking guy, especially his height. Don't get the wrong idea, Chanyeol already has someone in his heart. He was describing his senior just now.

 

And so, Junmyeon did end up dating his crush where he found it hard not to stutter whenever he talked. Chanyeol was happy for him though. He liked seeing Junmyeon's smiles. Everything changed when his crush dumped Junmyeon during a date at the amusement park. Junmyeon couldn't understand. They were just doing fine for four months.

 

Why did his crush slash boyfriend decide to break up with him out of the blue? His questions were answered when his (ex) boyfriend leaned into his ear and said, "I'm sorry but you're quite boring. Thank you for the pointless four months, Junmyeon." His now ex-boyfriend just left him like that within the crowd. Junmyeon blinked. He didn't even realize that he has dropped his ice cream.

 

He looked down at the melting ice cream. It was somehow similar to his current situation but something was definitely wrong. Junmyeon didn't feel angry. He didn't feel sad. He didn't feel disappointed. He didn't feel like crying. Junmyeon didn't feel anything. He didn't even feel empty. He's emotionless. He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed his junior's number.

 

Within a few beeps, his junior was on the line. "Chanyeol, he broke up with me." A loud voice yelling 'What?!' was being heard on the other line and he continued, "And I don't feel anything." Junmyeon has lost his feelings ever since. Chanyeol was really pissed of course. Who the hell would dump someone on their freaking birthday? And how dare that fellow do that to his best friend?

 

Chanyeol didn't let the guy get away that easily from what he has done and cornered him in the school hallway before beating him up. Junmyeon saw the scene and didn't even stop him though, because he didn't feel anything by looking at the scene. Chanyeol was then suspended for a week. Now here they are, in a small coffee shop in the city after a year graduated from high school.

 

They're working as full-timers because they like the job (and they really like coffee). Just when Junmyeon wants to ask his junior a photo of this Wu Yifan, their boss calls out for them as soon as the break time ends. Kim Minseok, their boss, pats on Junmyeon's shoulder and tells him to smile more since his smile attracts the customers. Junmyeon smiles in reply but only Chanyeol knows it's a fake one.

 

He can only hope for the best for Junmyeon.

 

+++

 

Junmyeon calls to one of the staffs' numbers to make an appointment to this Mr Dating Expert. It's set on this Sunday. There goes his outing with Chanyeol. Well, he's very sure that the guy will not mind since he's going to meet this Wu Yifan anyway and he's right. He has called Chanyeol just to tell him that and the happy virus wishes him good luck with an enthusiastic voice.

 

He throws his phone not too hard on the couch and goes to the kitchen to make some instant noodles. His small apartment given by his elder brother is so much to his liking, that's what he said when his brother asked him. His parents are living in their hometown while his married brother is working in the same city where he's at. His parents don't mind him staying alone and working as a full-timer at a coffee shop.

 

They like seeing their youngest son being independent and so hardworking. Junmyeon has a reason for not staying together with his parents. It's because they don't even know that he can't feel emotions. Junmyeon only visits them twice a month and reasons that it's hard to take more than a day off at the coffee shop. He also reasons that his boss is a strict person which is totally wrong.

 

After finishing his sixth instant noodle, he cleans out the trash and goes to the living room to take his phone before going to his room. He washes his face and brushes his teeth before going to bed. He texts Chanyeol to send him the guy's photo. No reply. Junmyeon thinks that the latter may have fallen asleep but it's odd of Chanyeol to sleep this early. It's just ten at night. Junmyeon waits for himself to go to sleep.

 

He doesn't realize that his life will be totally changing after this.

 

+++

 

It's the day where he will meet Wu Yifan. For a normal person, it's a common situation where he or she will be really nervous, feeling anxiety washing over them to meet someone that they have never seen before but of course, Junmyeon doesn't feel that way. He stares down on his phone where the address is and goes to the counter to find for a receptionist.

 

"Excuse me, can I know where I can meet Mr Wu?"

 

It turns out the receptionist is one of the staff he has made a call before as soon as he sees the printings on her shirt. "Good morning, young guy. Were you the one who called last Thursday?" Junmyeon simply nods. "Take the elevator on the corner right of the building and his office will be on the fourth floor. Good luck!" Junmyeon nods before he walks to the elevator.

 

It opens just when he stands in front of it and Junmyeon steps inside. He sees two young girls chattering about something and listens to their chitchats. They're actually talking about Wu Yifan. All he hears is that the guy is good looking and hears a few high pitched squeals. He thinks that he may listen to them until he reaches his destination but too bad, the girls make a stop on the second floor.

 

Junmyeon is all alone in the elevator. Well, he's going to meet him anyway. That's why he came here in the first place, right? Once the elevator stops on the fourth floor, Junmyeon checks himself on his phone for one last time before knocking on the wide brownish door in front of him. The door made a soft click noise. Junmyeon pushes the door open before scrunching his eyes a bit by the brightness of the room.

 

The room is white. Everywhere his eyes lands on is white. Thankfully, the person who's sitting in front of a long rectangular-shaped table isn't white too. The room is quite big, Junmyeon notices. "Are you just going to stand there or?" Junmyeon looks at the person from afar and isn't surprised at the sudden deep voice. "Come. Sit," The person beckons him with his hand.

 

Junmyeon then only sees the person's face. Junmyeon's face will be really flushing and will be standing in front of the door like a mannequin right now if he hasn't lost his feelings. He pulls out a chair and sits on it before looking straight at the other male who's currently looking at him too. "Nice to meet you, Mr Wu. I'm Kim Junmyeon." Mr Wu smiles and Junmyeon would have felt that he really looks good with it.

 

"Please, just call me Yifan. I want you to feel comfortable. How can I help you with your relationship, Junmyeon?"

 

Yifan asks with a pen on his right hand as if waiting for something to scribble down on his thick book. "I don't want a relationship. I just need to restore my feelings." Mr Wu stares at him as if he has grown two heads, "I'm sorry?" Junmyeon stares at him for a while. It looks like he has to tell him everything, "My friend recommended you to me and I decided to come here to get my emotions back."

 

Yifan leans his back on the chair, digesting every word that comes out from the other male's mouth, "So your problem is... You can't feel?" Junmyeon nods. "You can't feel any emotions?" Junmyeon nods again, "It sounds ridiculous, I know." Yifan reaches out his right hand and holds onto one of Junmyeon's free hands, "Still nothing?" Yifan asks. Junmyeon shakes his head just like the latter expects.

 

If only there's a different person in front of him and he holds their hand, he or she will feel flustered or maybe honored but for this guy, he doesn't. Interesting, Yifan remarks mentally. "So, you're here for more like a therapy session?" Yifan asks as he pulls away his hand. Junmyeon nods, "If you can't, it's okay—" "No. It's okay. This is new to me, but I'm willing to help you to get your emotions back. We'll do this together, okay?" Junmyeon lets out a fake smile.

 

Yifan is quite stunned by it. He manages to get a hold of himself and asks again, "Don't tell me you're even faking a smile?" Junmyeon nods silently. Unbelievable, Yifan thinks. "So, how did you lost your feelings, Junmyeon?" He asks carefully but he sees Junmyeon doesn't have any problem with it. "My ex-boyfriend dumped me during a date on my birthday." Yifan winces.

 

Now he knows why but still, he can't believe that it made Junmyeon lose all of his feelings. He even said that with a flat robotic tone. Junmyeon must have liked that guy so much. "On your birthday?" Yifan repeats to confirm it. He earns a nod from Junmyeon. "How long have you guys been?" He examines Junmyeon's face as he questions. "About four months." Yifan is amused, "Did you both take your relationship to the next level?"

 

"I was about to say it on that day but he dumped me before I could even say anything."

 

"I'm sorry to hear that."

 

"No need to apologize. I can't feel anyway."

 

"You don't even feel sad?"

 

"I don't."

 

"Hunger?"

 

"My friend told me to eat until I feel full. So I eat more than five portions on each meal even though I still can't feel that I'm full."

 

Yifan stays silent for a while in surprise.

 

"Okay. We'll begin our therapy session."

 

"When?"

 

"Right now."

 

"Now?"

 

"Yes. Now."

 

"How?"

 

"We'll start off with talking first."

 

"Talking?"

 

"Yes. I guess you haven't talked with anyone after your ex left you, right?"

 

"You're right. I only had Chanyeol by my side."

 

"Who's Chanyeol?"

 

"My friend recommended you to me."

 

"Oh. So, tell me more about yourself, Junmyeon."

 

"Anything?"

 

Yifan gives him a gentle smile, "Anything." Junmyeon purses his lips, thinking about what he should talk about because it has been a long time he hasn't talked with someone with his problems. He doesn't even know how or where to start. "Junmyeon? You don't have to tell me everything. Just tell me anything that crosses on your mind. I'll be your listener." Junmyeon flashes him another fake smile before talking a paper out from his jeans pocket.

 

Chanyeol has helped him to write Junmyeon's interests on it even though he can't feel any interest in them. His interests in literal arts, hobbies, favorite movies, favorite food, about Chanyeol and then finally, about his crush slash ex-boyfriend. Yifan keeps his focus on the other male's expression as he hears him explaining every detail of his ex. His tone is still robotic.

 

Not to mention Junmyeon isn't even looking at him ever since he started to talk. The pale-skinned male keeps his eye contact on the table and sometimes glances over to look at the Chinese Canadian man's outfit. Yifan notices the stares though but he doesn't say anything and continues listening to him. He mentally takes note that Junmyeon's attire is quite simple yet very much to his liking.

 

A blue-black patterned button-up shirt, denim jeans with sneakers and black hair pushed up perfectly. Absolutely very much to his liking. He then listens to Junmyeon saying that he lives alone in an apartment ever since graduating from high school and used to share the rent with Chanyeol. A tiny spark of jealousy flows through Yifan's chest as soon as he hears that.

 

Luckily, Junmyeon doesn't notice anything and continues saying that Chanyeol doesn't live with him anymore. Yifan then brings his sight from the other male's eyes down to those soft pink lips. His lips look so kissable and Yifan can't help himself but to just stare at those pouty looking moving lips. Yifan wonders how his lips will feel like on his own.

 

"Yifan?"

 

The latter blinks at the voice calling his name. Since when Junmyeon's face has gotten close with his? "Are you okay, Yifan?" It takes Yifan a few seconds to realize that he has been leaning over the table, face close to Junmyeon's. He leans back on the chair and ignores the rapid heartbeat in his chest. "I'm sorry. I did that to test you. Did you feel anything?" Yifan covers up smoothly.

 

"No but are you okay? Your face is quite red. Did I make you angry? Did I talk too much?"

 

Yifan feels so embarrassed but he doesn't show it. He ignores the fact that his face has been much warmer than before, "No, you didn't, Junmyeon. I want you to talk because it'll regain your feelings." Junmyeon nods and pouts slightly without intention. Yifan stares at his lips again. He clears his throat and mentally wants to whack himself for losing focus, "Did you feel anything after you've talked or while you're talking, Junmyeon?"

 

Yifan is looking at him with much hope but of course, all he gets is a few shakes of the other male's head. He sighs. "Are you disappointed?" Junmyeon asks. The latter is quite curious about his question, "Can I ask how do you know that I feel like that?" Junmyeon gives him a small smile, "I look at their facial expressions and study them," Junmyeon then pauses.

 

Yifan can't believe that the male still has a flat tone as he continues, "I actually quite remember how some feeling feels like but it's really vague." Yifan looks at him with a shock expression. "Are you surprised?" Junmyeon asks blankly. Yifan only chuckles in reply. "I feel like you're reading my mind," He says while writing down something on a new page of his book as Junmyeon doesn't give any response.

 

Yifan then smiles, "That's all for today. Today's the first Sunday in this month. Let's meet again and talk some more in these three Sundays. We'll see how the results are. Is that okay?" Junmyeon peers up from the latter's book to see his helper who's looking at him warmly, "What will we do on those three Sundays?" Yifan rests his elbows on the table and clasps his hands together before smiling gently, "We'll do nothing but talk until you can feel." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yifan doesn't stop thinking about Junmyeon ever since the male steps out from the room despite having another client in front of him right now yet he still keeps his focus since it's his passion. The first thought that runs to his mind about Junmyeon that he's such an interesting person. He has been meeting various kinds of people ever since he's being promoted almost everywhere.

 

Some clients come for him for advice in relationships while some who know him beforehand in China comes for him to flirt. Yifan clearly knows and he rejects every one of them politely. He doesn't plan to be in a relationship. He loves his job too much. He loves helping people with their relationships and receiving happy news from each of his clients.

 

Ever since Yifan's parents divorced just because of a small misunderstanding when he was a small kid, he didn't like seeing couples having arguments and fights, even on the streets. After his mother passes away, he moves to South Korea and lives in a house that was actually given as a present by his late father. There was a big picture of him with his parents above the fireplace in the lounge.

 

At least they're together again up there.

 

It's when he meets Junmyeon, such an interesting guy. His flat robotic voice still keeps on replaying in his head. Yifan thinks that Junmyeon used to smile all day. Whoever his ex is, Yifan wants him to be beaten up terribly until he coughs blood (Chanyeol already did that). As soon as his day ends, Yifan gets into his car and starts up the engine. He takes out his phone before calling his Chinese friend.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Han, I think I found someone."

 

+++

 

It's the second Sunday in a blink of an eye. Junmyeon gives a knock at the door and the same click sound is heard before he gives the door a little push. "Good morning, Junmyeon," Yifan's bass voice blooms in the room. Junmyeon gives him a small smile just like he practiced. "How were your weekdays?" Yifan studies the other male's stoic expression. "Normal." Yifan already knows he will receive that kind of answer. He then smiles, "Let's talk."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How do you feel?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"That's all for today. See you next Sunday, Junmyeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following Sunday.

 

"How do you feel, Junmyeon?"

 

"It's the same."

 

"It's okay. Don't forget our last Sunday." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I think I can feel something," Junmyeon says on their last Sunday. Yifan looks at him, surprised, "Really?" Junmyeon nods, "But I don't know what it is..." Yifan notices that the other male's voice sounds sad, or maybe disappointed. "Can you explain how do you feel?" Junmyeon brings his gaze upwards from the table and studies his helper's eyes before looking somewhere else, feeling suddenly self-conscious for no reason.

 

"It's like, I can talk to you about whatever I want because you seemed to know more about me now. I feel quite... I feel quite comfortable."

 

Yifan inspects the other male's face and the tone of his voice, "Do you feel relief?" Junmyeon looks at him again, "Relief... How does it feel like?" Yifan thinks for a while on how to explain the feeling, "It's like you're relaxed. You're released from something extremely stressful and feel so light after you've done doing something or letting out something. Is that how you feel, Junmyeon?" Junmyeon tries to swallow every word from the other male.

 

He takes his time to understand everything before he stares into Yifan's eyes, "Yes. I do feel relief." Yifan smiles at him, "Do you feel anything else?" Yifan notices a slight change of the other male's face but he doesn't say anything. Junmyeon actually looks so sad. "No... I don't," Junmyeon says quietly. "Can you smile for me, Junmyeon?" He looks up at Yifan almost immediately, "I'm sorry?" 

 

Junmyeon says, voice shaking a little. Yifan is staring at him with a deep gaze and it makes Junmyeon's heart race a little weirdly. "Can you smile for me?" Yifan asks again, knowing the other male's condition. Junmyeon is totally flustered by his sudden request. Junmyeon gives him a small smile just like he does always. "Can you smile for me more sincerely?" Yifan still keeps his gaze onto him.

 

This time, he feels Junmyeon's smile is so alive. His eyes shape into tiny little line of crescents and his cheeks lift up a little. His lips look more kissable than ever. "Yifan?" Said male snaps out from his trance and stares up from Junmyeon's lips to the man himself, "Thank you. I hope you can smile like this more often. You look good when you're smiling like this." Junmyeon doesn't expect that he will get a compliment.

 

Junmyeon feels his cheeks are getting a bit warm. Weird because the room has an air conditioner and he doesn't feel hot at all. "Are you blushing, Junmyeon?" Yifan asks, adding a little teasing tone in his voice because damn, Junmyeon looks so adorable with the pastel pink coloring his pale cheeks. Junmyeon looks down on his lap almost instantly, feeling mixtures of emotions flowing in his head in an instant.

 

He can't understand it and he can't stop it. "Junmyeon? Are you okay?" Yifan asks worriedly. "My head... It hurts," He says weakly while digging his nails into his jeans on his thighs. Junmyeon brings his eyes upwards from his lap when he feels something light and warm on his head. Yifan already knows what Junmyeon needs to be normal again. Love. Junmyeon needs love.

 

Love made him be like this and he needs the same thing to retrieve his emotions again. Yifan can't help himself but give a pat on the other male's head. "You did well today," He says proudly. Junmyeon feels the warmness on his cheeks is spreading throughout his face. "Th-Thank you," He stutters without realizing it after Yifan pulls his hand away.

 

He then sees him writing down something on his book like always after the session ends. Junmyeon then remembers. It's his last Sunday with Yifan today. "Yifan?" The said male hums in response as he's still writing something. "Is today our last meeting? How much is the fee?" Yifan lifts his eyes away from his book, "Junmyeon, didn't I say I'll help you getting your feelings back?" Junmyeon nods, "You did—"

 

"Not yet. You're still confused."

 

Yes, Junmyeon is indeed feeling confused. He can't understand what he's feeling right now because all of his emotions are in a mess in his head. "This is only your first step, Junmyeon." He looks at Yifan blankly. "Our next segment will be still going on as usual. Unless you don't want to?" He studies Junmyeon's face. "No, I want to keep it going." Yifan smiles proudly, "Can I ask you something?"

 

Junmyeon looks at him, not sure if he should say yes or no so he nods instead. "Do you want to love again, Junmyeon?" Junmyeon feels his heart stops for a while at the question. It has been like what, two years? Two years since he has been in love. He thinks about how idiotically he falls in love with his crush and remembers the date which was on his birthday, the same day where his ex dumped him.

 

Junmyeon feels a sudden urge to scream out and he feels water pooling in his eyes. His heart is suddenly beating so fast and he feels like he could breakdown any moment. "Junmyeon?" Yifan's deep voice brings him back to reality. As soon as Junmyeon sees Yifan's worried face, he calms down in an instant. He wipes off the almost dropping tear with one of his sleeves.

 

Yifan finds it adorable but then, he feels guilty, "I'm sorry, Junmyeon. I shouldn't—" "No, it's okay. About your question just now, I would like to try." Yifan sees how his eyes look so determined and brows furrowed deeply. He bites back a smile, "Are you sure?" Yifan receives aggressive nods in reply. He doesn't expect to see the animated version of Junmyeon. Yifan smiles warmly, "I'll tell you what we'll be doing next Sunday. Take care, Junmyeon."

 

Yifan wants to make Junmyeon fall in love with him.

 

+++

 

"How is he?"

 

"How is who?"

 

"You know Wu."

 

"It isn't good to play with people's names, Chanyeol."

 

"I know, I know. I just want to know how it went."

 

"It went well."

 

"Any changes, hyung?"

 

"If you haven't realized it, then, no. No changes yet."

 

"Is he okay?"

 

"Who's okay?"

 

"How does Wu look like?"

 

Junmyeon stops wiping the table. Chanyeol sees him staring blankly on the table from the counter. Junmyeon thinks about Yifan. How his dirty blond hair will be always styled up perfectly. The thick eyebrows make him look scary at first but is actually a considerate person. His perfectly sculpted nose. His thick and plush lips and his dark yet somehow soothing orbs.

 

Oh he forgets about his deep bass voice. Junmyeon feels his cheeks getting uncommonly warm from remembering yesterday's compliment. "Oh my God. Are you blushing?" Chanyeol asks who's totally shocked by the changing colors of the shorter male's cheeks. "I'm not," Junmyeon denies as he continues to wipe off the table and turns to the other side so that Chanyeol can't see his face.

 

He then picks up the empty plastic cups and throws it into the trash bin outside the coffee shop, purposely avoiding the taller guy. Chanyeol is still surprised but he can't help himself to let out a snicker. A customer enters the coffee shop and the conversation is put to halt as Chanyeol takes her order. "What did you do with him, hyung?" Chanyeol asks him as there's currently no one in the cozy coffee shop.

 

Their boss is most probably sleeping in his office. Junmyeon sits across him just like always during their break time, "We met for four Sundays. We didn't do anything but talked." Chanyeol raises a brow up curiously, "Just talked? What did you talk about? I thought I was a good listener?" He states sadly. "You are a good listener, Chanyeol." Said male grins widely.

 

He then continues listening to Junmyeon. "He just wants me to talk more so that I can regain my feelings." Chanyeol leans closer to him excitedly, "Did it work?" Junmyeon only nods in silence. "Really?! You can feel now?!" Junmyeon covers the taller guy's mouth from making too much noise. Without his realization, he worries that Chanyeol's loud voice will wake their boss.

 

"Hyung, tell me. Please," Chanyeol begs after he pulls away his hand. "I did get my feelings back but it's all in a mess," Junmyeon taps on the table with his fingers and continues, "When something happens, my feeling gets mixed up. It's like I don't exactly know what or how to feel at the moment." Chanyeol studies the elder male's face and notices his face actually looks... Junmyeon's face actually looks sad.

 

"Then? Did Wu tell you anything?"

 

Junmyeon nods in reply, "He told me we'll be doing something else next Sunday. He said that I'm still confused so he wants to help me until I'm okay." Chanyeol senses a small tone of happiness in his voice. He can't believe that this Wu is actually bringing back the usual Junmyeon. Junmyeon stands up as a new customer has arrived. "Hyung, did he say anything else?" Junmyeon looks at Chanyeol before smiling brightly.

 

Chanyeol is totally shocked as hell.

 

"He told to me to smile more often."

 

+++

 

Junmyeon gets a text on Saturday during his night shift. Chanyeol notices the frown on his senior's face and goes towards him, "Hyung?" Chanyeol backs away from him a little because the frown is still there. "Hyung, what's wrong?" He asks in worry because Junmyeon actually looks so angry. It's unusual to see his senior who's slowly getting back his feelings since he was used to seeing a stoic-faced Junmyeon for a year.

 

Chanyeol carefully approaches him again as the elder male stares back at the phone sharply. "Hyung?" He sees Junmyeon sighing while putting back his phone into his barista apron. "They've canceled the appointment for tomorrow," He says sadly. Chanyeol smiles in an instant. He thought something bad has happened. "Are you sad, hyung?" Junmyeon looks at him confusingly.

 

Chanyeol almost squeals in surprise by the new expression coming out from him. "I'm not sad. I just feel... I don't know. I really don't know." Chanyeol runs a hand on his back because Junmyeon looks like at the edge of crying. He already feels terrible seeing Junmyeon like this, "Are you okay, hyung?" Junmyeon leans into his junior's chest weakly, his head hurts like the last time when he was having a session with Yifan, "I've said to you before, right? When something happens..."

 

He leaves his sentence hanging as he clutches onto the taller man's shirt when he feels a thud in his head. "Your feelings get mixed up? Is it? Does your head hurt, hyung?" Chanyeol continues as he pats on the shorter male's head but it doesn't give any effect on Junmyeon. It isn't like Yifan's. He nods weakly into his chest. Chanyeol walks him into a nearby table and makes him sit properly on the chair, "Sit here and wait for me, hyung. I'll clean up and I'll send you home."

 

Before he wants to protest, Chanyeol quickly leaves him while taking the mop. Junmyeon folds his arms and rests them on the table, burying his face in it. He has never felt like this before. He does feel a mixture of emotions but he felt something just now. He needs to ask Chanyeol later about this. He waits patiently for his junior and after they have closed the shop, Chanyeol begins to walk him home.

 

"Are you okay now, hyung?"

 

Junmyeon nods while burying his small hands into his black hoodie's pockets. "Chanyeol, can you tell me how I looked just now?" Chanyeol thinks for a moment, "Well, at first you looked and then you looked sad but then when you said you weren't, I thought maybe you're disappointed." Junmyeon looks at him as soon as he hears that word, "Disappointed?" The taller guy hums in response.

 

He then looks back on the street. They walk in silence for a long moment. "Disappointed... How does it feel like?" Chanyeol hums again, thinking on how to explain the feeling, "It's like... Someone has failed to fulfill your hopes or expectations," He's reminded of a puppy-eyed male when he didn't show up for their first date. "Hope?" Chanyeol snaps out from his thoughts.

 

"What does hope feels like?"

 

The taller guy looks at the dark sky above him before breathing out heavily. He really hopes the puppy-eyed male will meet him again soon. "Hope is like you want something to happen. Something good, of course," Chanyeol adds. Junmyeon is then on his own thoughts, the same goes to the taller guy. Junmyeon hopes that they will not cancel any appointments again in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon is almost insane that night. He wants to meet Yifan as soon as possible. He wants to talk more to Yifan. He wants to tell Yifan that he has experienced a new feeling. He wants to go and meet him right now. Junmyeon keeps on tossing and turning here and there on his bed. He can't sleep like always. After a few hours, he finally sleeps, dreaming about meeting Yifan in his office. 

 

+++

 

Finally, it's Sunday. He receives a morning text from Chanyeol and reads it. He automatically smiles without him knowing when he reads the good luck wishes from the latter. He gets off from the bed hastily after looking at the time which is quite late already so he prepares himself for today's session. He's finally going to meet Yifan after one whole week. Junmyeon feels something stirring up in his chest.

 

He feels this thrilling kind of sensation around his body when he steps out of his apartment. Once he's in the building, he goes to a fast-food restaurant to have his breakfast. While he's waiting for his meal, he takes out his phone and types the feeling that he felt just now. He simply types is the word 'thrill' and taps on the search button. He reads outs the first thing he sees, "A sudden feeling of excitement and pleasure..."

 

Junmyeon widens his eyes, Am I actually feeling excited? Hold on. Then why Junmyeon haven't felt his head hammering when he feels something? After finishing fifth his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter