Fateful Encounter

Caesis Proelio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn’t stop glancing at the pretty boy sitting across from me. I’ve been admiring him from a far for the past couple of days and now, he’s right here and I’m not sure how to act around him.

 

I had an assignment that was given out almost a month ago and the deadline was last week. Although I had a lot of time to do the given project, of course I didn’t use the free time I had and ended up doing it last minute. Because I had greatly underestimated the work load of the assignment I was forced to pull an all-nighter for three days straight. My cosy and usually clean room became filled with empty cans of energy drinks as well as a collection of empty mugs reeking of poorly made coffee.

As a person who hardly ever sleeps past midnight, the all-nighters I pulled were making my head spin and left my body aching. I wrote a mental note to never ever do anything last minute again but there was a whisper of voice at the back of my mind that laughed and reminded me that I will do it again anyway. I pushed that thought down and tried to focus on finishing my work.

Usually, I wake up at seven in the morning, washed up quickly, puts on whatever article of clothing my hand reached to grab and commute to the university at around half-past seven but when the day of the deadline arrived, I was lying on my bed, eyes closed and partially dead inside.

The caffeine I consumed was still concentrated in my system so I couldn’t fall asleep, no matter how much I tried to. I decided that I don’t like coffee and I also decided to leave the house earlier than usual because my body was aching to leave the room as it was starting to suffocate me.

By the time I was standing outside, trembling in the cold train station waiting for my ride to arrive, it was only fifteen minutes to seven. It was a little bit strange for me because the place was quiet and peaceful when it’s this early in the morning, unlike how it usually is at half-past seven. The bustling crowd that I usually experience whenever I commute to campus was absent and I appreciated the calmness. I should be early next time too, I thought to myself as I pulled out my earpieces and phone out of my jacket’s pocket and plugged them on.

When the train arrived, I noticed that the compartment I was in was mostly vacant save for an elderly couple that was sitting near the doorway and a small figure that was occupying a seat near the centre of the place. I chose the seat near the centre of the train, on the opposite column from the other person. Enjoying the lack of crowd in the train, I looked out of the window with a calming love song playing in my earphones.

I watched as the scenery of the countryside went by in silence and as the train proceed closer to my stop, the place became filled with people but still, it wasn’t as jam packed as I was used to.

Knowing that my stop was coming near, I straightened up and got ready to leave, making sure that all of my stuff were with me.

As I looked to my side, I saw someone.

A very pretty someone; a boy dressed in black and white clothing who was on the phone with someone else at that moment.

Oh wow, he’s pretty.

I found it hard to look away from him because he was just breathtakingly good looking. It wasn’t until someone accidentally bumped onto me that I was snapped out of my daze. Upon realising that I have arrived at my destination and the train door was now about to close, I swore under my breath and ran out. I might have pushed a few people on the way but as soon as I left the train, my head was flooded by the image of the pretty boy.

I felt my face heating up, my cheeks and ears especially.

I couldn’t get him off of my head, even when I was seated on my desk at the lecture theatre in the university. He was just that good looking. I was distracted the whole lecture, the questions that flooded my brain were all related to that beautiful stranger;

What’s his name? Where is he going? What was he talking about on the phone? Is he a student? He must be, he look so young. How come I’ve never seen him before? Will I ever cross path with him again?

When I got home that evening, I immediately changed my alarm to an earlier time so that I wouldn’t miss the early train tomorrow, so that I wouldn’t miss him tomorrow. If he is going to be there at all, I thought.

I didn’t like what the voice in my head just said so I pursed my lips, trying my best not to worry.

The next morning I thought I might have been a little too excited as I found myself trying not to freeze in the chilly morning weather. It was six fifteen when I glanced down at my watch. Since the firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter