Introduction

It was the 20th night of September

chapter one ; Introduction

28k6flk.jpg

What mattered the most to Jung Eunsol was... well, nothing. Jung Eunsol did not try hard to get an average grade of A with a GPA of 3.7 above, like her friend Kim Mirim would do.

Jung Eunsol did not have an obsession towards ual concepts, like her friend Kim Aejin has.

Jung Eunsol was not into make-up, fashion, books, studies, movies. She had no hobbies, no talents, no nothing; just a regular typical girl who you would pass by in the streets of Seoul. If there was anything special with Eunsol, it would be her obsession with wanting a boyfriend so badly. And her obsession towards an idol group.

 

It was the start of second semester of freshman year for Eunsol. It was a year after her break-up with her ex back in Japan. After knowing that she would be moving countries and school, she confessed a break up with her ex-boyfriend. Thus, here she is now, pestering her friends with her new motto: I want a boyfriend.

 

Eunsol attended an International high school, where students around the world would be welcomed in every way. International schools were fairly expensive. But it wasn't expensive for nothing; the school provides ten school busses for students that live in and out of the city, a perfect Olympic-sized swimming pool, 100 kids in each class, a range of classes and subjects, infinite amount of extracurricular activities, and most importantly, the school provides a small branch of Starbucks in the school cafeteria.

 

Having the International school in Seoul, it is a given that a third of the student population in Eunsol's high school was Korean. Wherever she went, there would always be a Korean in her eyes. And this is what Eunsol loved the most out of all the amazing characteristics her school has: the Koreans. Despite being a mixed blood of Japan and Korea, Eunsol was amazed with the Korean students around her. It was practically her first time being surrounded by so many Koreans since she's been living in Japan for all her life. Having Koreans in high school is a wonderful thing for Eunsol because she may or may not be able to achieve her little dream of getting a Korean boyfriend. Because, hey, being a k-pop idol obsessed little girl,  isn't it quite obvious that she would want a Korean boyfriend?

 

"So, any progress?" Aejin asked as she took a piece of apple from Mirim.

"Well... I don't really see any hot guys."

"What about him?" Aejin questioned while pointing her fork to the guy with brown hair at the back of the room. "He's Yang Hongseok. High grades, swims well, plays soccer well, 176cm tall with that face. Not bad right? Unfortunately, he's taken. By me." There goes Aejin, an idol obsessed girl like Eunsol, so she would also be into some fine Korean boys.

Eunsol sighed as she stood up to clean her lunch plates. It's true what Aejin says. That Hongseok guy is hot. That I agree, but I don't get hooked up with whatever he has. He may be perfect but I don't feel any tingle of excitement, Eunsol thought.

 

She walked over to the yogurt stand to get a cup of plain yogurt with chocolate syrup. It's her daily treat for herself, and she loves everyone for not caring or stopping her for a health warning. She sat down next to Mirim while the latter gave Eunsol a look of disgust. "Do you ever stop eating." she said. There was no sign of question nor curiosity, as Eunsol guessed it was her usual rhetorical question with sarcasm.

They took their bags and walked out of the cafeteria.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was late for his precious lunch break because of a meeting with Ms. Park, the biology teacher, about a late submission. He ran towards the cafeteria and bumped into his friend.

 

"Oh hey Kevin!"

"Yo Baek, lunch just ended. Where were you the whole time?"

"I had to submit homework to Ms. Park. First homeworks of the school year never really gets me motivated to get it do-"

 

A group of three girls walked past the two guys, making their way to their next class. Baekhyun let his eyes follow at the girl in the right. She seemed to not notice of his presence.

"Wow. What a New Face." Kevin exclaimed. "She must be new. There's finally a new pretty girl in our batch. It's just a turn-off that she's friends with Aejin, ugh." Kevin pulled Baekhyun's arm to get him alert.

 

"Oh right Class."


 

AUTHOR'S NOTES; Hey subbies :) Just a heads up for the first chapter. It is my first time writing, so I hope you don't get your hopes up too fast.

I'm really excited to share my love life with you readers as fast as I can but schol is coming up and unfortunately I'm becoming a Senior and since it's my last year as a high-school student, I need to do my best with my grades and college applications. Sigh. It's going to be a busy year for me and I'm afraid that I won't be able to update you guys with more chapters. I apologize for this.

Please look forward to my next chapter!

» layout credit