1,2,3

just one, two, three seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There’s a lot of things you didn’t know that can happen in a span of three seconds. Depends on how you usually want it to possess you. I haven’t believed anyone who said every second matters because I suppose you can’t finish a task within that short period of time. Like that stupid calculus worksheet underneath my table. Or the essay saved on my desktop due tomorrow. How naïve was I? I didn’t know that it can be the little smile on your face that makes somebody else’s day better. It can be that one knowing glance you shared, knowing every gravel of her being. It can be your hand touching hers, caressing it, and drawing circles on the length of her arm. It can be her hair dancing by the wind. It can be the twitch of your mouth that says “I’m glad you exist.” It can be your pale moon eyes looking out of nowhere, watching through the window, reminiscing the time you have been with her. It can mean one kiss. Or a trigger pulled. A lightning. Your heart beating. Your heart not beating. It can mean death. It can mean losing someone. It can be that shut of a door, of hesitation, of regret, of betrayal, of grievance, of pain.

It can be that—

“Hey,” A light tap on my shoulder. And my lips stretched into a smile.

“Hey you back,”

Her eyes were curious, strands of her hair helplessly swooning over her face. I teasingly blew it away.

“What were you writing?”

She peered at the creasy parchment folded into half. “Nothing.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter