|Twenty - Two|

Heartless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

"So, half of my brothers and I would be here, helping you spiritually while the others, as well as Jungkook, his friends and Yoojung would be out, finding for any signs of her. Apparently, Yoojung's family belongs to one of the best tracker family in the vampire society." Suho turned to Yoojung with an eyebrow raised and Yoojung avoided eye-contact, clearing . One of the many reasons why she was wanted by many other vampires. "Your son would help us keep our mind-link open so that information can be passed around conveniently." Suho continued and the sorceress nodded.

 

"Any objections?" Suho asked and all of them shook their heads. Bogum went back to the vampire castle a few hours later after cooling his head off and that was when they finalized their plan and briefed everyone about it.

 

"You said that it would hurt both the sorceress and Jangmi if she tried to reach out to Jangmi's power?" Jungkook asked, worriedly. Sehun rolled his eyes at his descendant and responded on behalf of Suho, to the latter's dismay. Sehun never had a good choice of words and he never had the knack of refraining what he wanted to say, which was good and bad.

 

"You childish king. So what if they're both hurt? It's a process and it's actually Jangmi's fault that we're in this mess in the first place. I'm not going to lie, but it'll hurt both of them a lot, since her mother is trying to reach out to her forcefully and being the stubborn Jangmi, she would be rather adamant on keeping her walls up." Sehun said and Jungkook glared at Sehun.

 

Suho cleared his throat to get everyone's attention back before deploying them. "Lay, Kai, Sehun and Xiumin will join me in the castle together with Yongdam, Joongki and Bogum, while the rest will be out. Report any signs of abnormality and of course, of Jangmi and possibly the girl that she was with. The castle will have sufficient guards to keep it guarded and with us here, the security would automatically be heightened. So, dismissed." Suho said, waving the people who were supposed to leave away.

 

"Now, let's get to work." Suho said and the people who were supposed to leave, left the castle.

 

+++

 

Hours past, the sorceress had her eyes closed and a frown was etched on her face as she tried to focus her energy on her daughter, but it was nowhere near successful even with the help of the first-breed vampires. Lay had been trying to keep the sorceress conscious and transferring both his and his brothers' spiritual energy to the sorceress. All of them were dead tired but they refused to give up as the King sat there, helplessly. He was holding his wife's hand, trying to give whatever support he could, knowing that the bond between mates could strengthen one another.

 

"Lay!" Someone barged into the room they were in, causing them to focus their attention to the intruder.

 

"What happened?" Suho asked, standing up, staggering a little but he managed to regain his balance again swiftly. They have been seated on the ground for too long and all of their legs fell asleep.

 

"I have no idea, but when we were searching for Jangmi, Jungkook was suddenly in extreme pain and well, he fell unconscious." Jin said as he put Jungkook down. Lay removed his hands from the Sorceress' back to Jungkook's forehead as the Sorceress looked at the collapsed Vampire King. Lay frowned as he tried to search for any signs of injury inside Jungkook's body but found nothing.

 

"It's the bond between Jangmi and him. It's been tampered with, this means that Jangmi has been captured." The Sorceress said as she moved to the Vampire King with the help of her mate. She hovered her right hand over Jungkook's chest as she closed her eyes, searching for the orb that connects both Jangmi and Jungkook together. "The bond is still there, but it's stronger than ever." The Sorceress frowned at the strange phenomenon. When the both of them met yesterday, Jangmi clearly didn't feel the tingles from Jungkook's touch. The orb should be dim but it was the complete opposite. It was shining brightly, almost as strong as the bond between her mate and herself.

 

"Someone's forcing the bond to grow stronger so that Jungkook can feel the pain Jangmi's going through." Suho fit the puzzles together. The Sorceress felt like her entire world crashed at Suho's statement and her heart instantly became heavy. Tears evident in her eyes as she felt the familiar feeling of helplessness. Just how much pain was Jangmi going through for the Vampire King to collapse?

 

"We need to hurry." Xiumin said, getting back to business and Lay nodded, returning to his previous position.

 

"Focus, your highness. This would also mean that the bond between Jangmi and you is still there, and you're able to reach out to her." Xiumin said and the Sorceress nodded, her mate wiping the tears that fell on her cheeks. He gave her a smile of reassurance and the Sorceress returned with a weak smile. She closed her eyes again, focusing her energy to searching for the bond between herself and Jangmi. The door to the room was opened again but this time, there was nobody

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter