final

Presence

The ride on the van to MBLAQ dorm was unusually quiet even with all five members in it together with their manager, Kyungho. Kyungho glanced through the rearview mirror while driving, trying to scan each member of MBLAQ and trying to figure out what could have happen that rendered these usually loud rumbustious boys into such silence.

            GO who was faster today had taken up the passenger seat at the front, next to Kyungho and was absorbed in his own words, having his earphone on both ears, staring emptily onto the dark road outside the tinted window. Seungho took the middle seat together with the maknae of the group who seemed way gloomier than he was supposed to and the leader kept stealing glances at Mir with worried look. Joon was already snoring away at the back with his head on Sanghyun's shoulder, an ordinary scene in this van while Sanghyun had this frown on his face while looking out of the window.

            Yep! Something is definitely wrong. Kyungho concluded that maybe something happened between the leader and the maknae. Or rather, something happened to the baby of the group because only that would cause Seungho to show such look on his features. Kyungho turned back his attention on the road, deciding if the problem started to hinder Mir's work, then he would confront the maknae about this. For now, he would entrust the baby of the group to the fatherly leader.

            Seungho had noticed Kyungho was taking glances around the van and by now, Kyungho probably had made his own assumption which probably not far from the truth. He looked over Mir who was sitting next to him for the n-th time already, frowning when he realized Mir's features still darkened and the maknae was still fiddling with the edge of his checker-pattern jacket. Mir usually moved a lot due to his playful trait and hyperactive nature. But this time, Mir's constant moving evidently showing that the youngest was restless and Seungho didn't like watching Mir being so antsy like this.

            He knew the reason. Mir had been this way even during their practice this evening ever since they got off recording of weekly idol which they talked about their dorm. How the location was unfit and eventually got to the topic of horror which they revealed by themselves on how Mir used to feel presence in the dorm despite the maknae was alone  in the dorm at that time. Surely the MC for the show alleviate the tension with his witty joke but it was obvious that the joke didn't really took Mir's fear away. Seungho knew perfectly Mir wasn't exactly good in handling something scary, actually, none of the members of MBLAQ was gutsy enough in term of horror. He even remembered one time when GO told him Mir was crying after watching a horror movie and Seungho took almost ten minutes to console the scared little maknae.

            That was one thing. This  was different. This was 100% real. Seungho's eyes glued on Mir's hands which were now intertwined with each other and his fingers started digging into his own skin causing Seungho to frown even deeper. Without a second thought, he raised his own hand and put it on both of Mir's intertwined hands to stop the fiddling limbs.

            Cold.

            Mir turned to look at the leader when he felt comforting warmth on his hands. Their eyes met for a few second before Seungho spoke up quietly so not to disturb the others in the vehicle. "Still thinking about that?"

            "Huh?" Mir made a small noise of confusion despite perfectly knowing what the older was talking about. A habit of his when he was taken aback by sudden question as this.

            "Our recording this morning." Seungho watched carefully as whatever color remaining on Mir's pale face completely left the youngest. He squeezed Mir's cold hands slightly before pulling them on his laps, giving Mir no other choice than to scoot closer to Seungho that he almost fall off the chair. Seungho used both his hands to rub the coldness away from the maknae's hand. "Are you that scared?"

            Mir pursed his pouty lips into thin line as his thick brows slowly came closer. He nodded hesitantly before pulling away from the leader, quite embarrassed by his own weakness. He turned away from the leader and looked out of the window when he felt gentle hand caressing his dark locks which could be no other than Seungho's.

            "I don't know how to fix this for you-"

            "You can't fix everything, hyung." Mir cut Seungho off. He turned back to face the leader with wide innocent eyes causing Seungho had to battle his own urge to just hug Mir away until he felt safe again.

            "But you know you can rely on me, right?"

            Mir smiled slightly. "Thanks, hyung."

            "Well, I'm the strong dependable leader, am I right? I can protect you from anything."

            That managed to earn Mir's small laugh. "Yea, you're the strongest... With the most health problems." Though Mir joked but Mir's statement wasn't fully a bluff as the maknae did feel safe with Seungho around. "But don't get annoyed if I start clinging on you oh my dear strong sickly grandpa leader." Mir teased with playful smile.

            Seungho smiled as well, relieved that Mir was looking better again. "Oh please don't."

            "You have to. I'm the maiden in distress."

            "I resign. I'd rather be the ogre than the prince charming if the maiden looks like this." He gestured to Mir up and down.

            Both of them laughed but stopped abruptly when a loud snore suddenly came from the napping Joon and they exchanged surprised glance and continue laughing but this time with both their hands over their mouth to stifle the sound.

 

~~~~~~

 

Mir opened his eyes to a semi dark room. What had him woken up so early? It was just three in the morning. Mir blinked a few times, didn't feel the sleepiness came back to get him. He sat up slowly and looked around the room, slightly surprised to find Joon sleeping next to him.

            This room was actually a room where MBLAQ members stored their clothes and accessories but Mir liked to sleep in this room since it was warmer in here, so as Joon, and the duo usually slept together in this room, leaving their room to be used only by Seungho. But as far as Mir remembered, Joon decided to share the bed with Sanghyun in GO and Sanghyun's shared bedroom as the second youngest was having his sleep cramp again last night, hence of course Joon was the first one to offer taking care of the visual maknae. So, why was Joon here?

            Shrugging to himself as he had no intention to search for the answer of his inner question, Mir carefully stepped over the dancer and went out of the room with the intention to grab some water from the kitchen. He was halfway down the living room when a strip of light came from under the closed door of the bathroom caught his attention. Someone was up this early?

            Ignoring it, he continued his halted journey when he felt how his heart almost dropped when he heard sounds coming from the bathroom, almost like fleeting whisper. But what make him pale and almost dropped weakly on the floor out fear was that he swore those voices didn't belong to any of the MBLAQ members and not even their managers. It was the sound of a woman's voice.

            Mir broke into cold sweat and his whole body trembled in fear. His knees became weak and it was hard for him to move his legs. The fear that rushing through his vein caused his voice to stuck in his throat.

            Help. Hyungs. Seungho hyung.

            He tried to yell but it was only left as the desperate echo in his chest. His eyes widened in alarming size when the sound of the whisper came out harshly than before and shadow moving closer to the closed door as the strip of light escaping the small gap under the door dancing with the shadow. The knob turned slowly and Mir dreaded for what might appeared behind the door.

            No no no... Someone...

            Mir jumped when a hand landed on his shoulder. His heart beating so loudly, it almost deafening. With cold sweat lapping down his temple, he slowly turned away from the bathroom door and when that face entered his line of sight, he sighed in relief. It was Joon.

            Swallowing, he felt how dried his throat had turned. "Oh, hyung. Y-you're awake?" Mir greeted with wavering voice, threatening to crack. His eyes flickered towards the room where he had came out from and the door was opened wide. "Or did I wake you?" Mir asked with slight guilt, knowing Joon had hard time to sleep due to insomnia and his sleep usually easily disturbed no matter how tired he was. Mir swore he had tried his hardest not to make any noise that could wake Joon up but since they slept in the same room, that was quite an impossible mission. "I'm sorry if I wake you up."

            Strangely, Joon didn't respond to any of Mir's words. There was only silence as answer. His eyes seemed darker in this dim-lit space and was staring intensely at Mir, causing the youngest to be a bit unnerved. Joon somehow scared him...

            "Is something wrong?" Mir asked but Joon just stared at him for a minute longer before walking past Mir towards the bathroom which strangely already had its light off and Joon flicked it on again, unlike just a few moments ago. Mir gulped loudly. He wanted to warn Joon from entering the bathroom but he didn't. Joon seemed strange and Mir could only concluded that the older probably was in a foul mood being woken up in this godly hours. The older did had quite a severe mood swing. It was better to leave him alone at time like this.

            Mir forget the intention of having something to drink as he dragged his still shaky knees towards his bedroom. No, not the closet room which was the one he slept in last night, but the one that he shared with Seungho and Joon. Like hell he was going to sleep away in that closet room after what he had just experienced since that room was the closest to the bathroom. Nope. Definitely no.

            Mir stumbled slightly on his shaky limbs and barely caught himself against the wall near the door to GO and Sanghyun's shared bedroom, wincing when his shoulder hurt slightly at the impact. He heard sound of shuffles coming from inside the bedroom and cursed himself for having disturbed his other hyung's sleep.

            Sanghyun appeared at the doorway with his bed-hair, looking around confusedly for the source of the sound when his eyes finally landed on the maknae who was leaning half of his weight on the wall. "Cheolyong? What are you doing up so early?" He asked with his voice slightly higher than normal, still groggy. He narrowed his eyes when he finally saw how pale the maknae was. "Are you okay?" he asked in concern, stepping closer to the maknae and was even more worried when he realized how the maknae was trembling like mad. "Are you feeling sick?"

            "What's going on?" Another sleepy voice interrupted and Mir gasped even before the owner of the voice emerged from the room.

            "Joon hyung?" Mir asked with his eyes widened to the point that they might popped out of the socket.

            "Yea?" Joon popped his head out behind the door.

            Mir felt his breath hitched and he turned his head around to look at the bathroom door. It was closed. Even the light wasn't switched on. Mir let out wavering breath and he swayed like a fallen autumn leaf and he almost collapsed on the floor if not for Sanghyun who quickly caught him by shoulders.

            "Cheolyong!"

            "Hey, what's wrong?" Joon was out and stood in front of Mir and Sanghyun in a flash and a few seconds later followed by GO who hardly had his eyes opened. But those eyes popped open wide once he detect the distressed maknae in Sanghyun's arms.

            "What happened here?" GO stepped closer to the three younger and pulled the hunching Mir up and into his embrace, exchanging worried glance with the other two when he felt the maknae quivered in his hold. Mir started sniffled softly against GO's shirt, clinging on the second oldest with all he got. He detect some kind of rage and dissatisfaction from the youngest though he could never guess why. "Hush, maknae. What is it? Something happened?" He spoke gently, caressing Mir's short dark locks with his motherly vibe.

            Mir shook his head against GO's chest, unable to bring himself to speak. It was just those words and questions running around his mind, pushing him to the edge. Why him? What did he ever do? Joon indeed slept in GO and Sanghyun's bedroom. So, who the hell did Mir woke up next to? And who the hell had grabbed his shoulder and stared him with cold dark gaze? Who did he talked to before? If it wasn't Joon...

            "Cheolyong!" GO squeaked when he felt Mir suddenly went limp in his hold, barely able to catch the small frame before slipping out of his arms and crumpled onto the floor. Even Joon and Sanghyun immediately went to help GO who was struggling with the sudden weight. The three of them lowered the maknae onto the floor, more like onto GO's laps as GO patted slowly on Mir's cheek. "Cheolyong? Wake up? Don't do this." He tried to wake Mir up all the while Joon had went running to get their leader. GO shook the smaller frame slightly. "Hey, wake up."

            "What the hell is happening?" Sanghyun asked in frustration, carding his fingers into Mir's short locks.

            "I'm supposed to be the one asking that question." GO retorted, almost as frustrated with unconscious boy in his hold. He pulled Mir closer to his chest, already considering calling an ambulance or their manager to send the maknae to the hospital.

            "I don't know. When I got out, he was already pale-" Sanghyun stopped abruptly as a light bulb lit in his mind. "He looked like he had seen a ghost when Joon hyung came out."

            "What?" GO's voice almost stuck in his own throat as his thought muddled in confusion. What did Joon got to do with this? He couldn't seem to fit the puzzles.

            "Oh my god." Seungho breathed out when he stumbled out of his bedroom and saw GO and Sanghyun surrounding the collapsed maknae with Joon following close behind in case the leader tripped over his own legs.

            Joon took hell long time to wake Seungho up and Seungho almost explode on him out of rage for his resting time was disturbed but pulled himself up, ignoring the headrush that almost pushed him back down on his bed when Joon's worried face came into his sight and the younger conveyed about what was happening to the maknae.

            Seungho kneeled beside GO and cupped Mir's pale cheek. "Cheolyong? Cheolyong-ah?" He called out but Mir was already out cold. "Let's put him on the bed first."

            GO nodded and scooped Mir into his arms, standing up with help from Sanghyun as they took the maknae into their room. They opted for Seungho's bed since Mir's bed was on the upper bunk hence making it not plausible to set down the maknae there.

            "Should we call Kyungho hyung?" GO voiced up, scooting to the edge of the bed to give Seungho space to sit. Seungho scanned all over Mir's body in case the maknae was injured somewhere but it seemed that the maknae was fine. Physically, that is. Mir's face still pale though it seemed as if Mir was just sleeping.

            "Don't need to. He just fainted." Seungho dismissed, putting his palm on Mir's forehead. He turned to eye the other three with serious look on his features. "What happened? Tell me from the start." He demanded.

            The three exchanged glances before Sanghyun piped up. "I heard loud sound just now, so I got out of the room. Cheolyong was leaning on the wall. Something seemed wrong already at that time?"

            "Something wrong?" Seungho echoed, tilting his head.

            Sanghyun nodded before continuing. "He looked sick, barely standing up even then, he was leaning on the wall. Then, Joon hyung came out and he became worsened suddenly." Sanghyun told honestly.

            Joon's almond eyes got bigger as he squeaked in surprise. "Huh? Me? I didn't do anything." He flailed his hands in front of him, afraid of the leader's wrath. They all knew how Seungho had soft spot for the two youngest in the group especially the maknae. Seungho might often bully Mir just to evoke cute reaction from the maknae but he definitely didn't take easy on other people whom dare to hurt Mir. "I swear." He spoke louder when the other three still were eyeing him in suspicion.

            Much to Joon's relief however, those three pairs of eyes were taken off of him when the maknae stirred up awake. Mir looked up ahead with blank face and blinked a few times before he finally recognized the presence of the other four surrounding him. He sat up with Seungho's help, realizing another fact that he was lying on Seungho's bed.

            "Cheolyong. Would you tell us what has happened?" Seungho asked gently, fixing two pillows against the headboard so the maknae would be more comfortable leaning back.

            Mir looked at each of his hyungs which bore the same curious look mixed with worries and concern. He sighed. "You guys won't believe what I had just gone through." He whispered, light tremble ran through his frame.

            The other four gulped loudly. Something told them, they were not going to like what they was about to hear. And somehow, Seungho felt like he got a hunch on what had happened to the youngest.

 

~~~~~~

 

Mir watched as Seungho and Sanghyun busying around the dorm like headless chicken. "Where's my jacket?" Sanghyun shouted, overlapped with Seungho's complained of, "These socks always go missing whenever I need them."

            Mir chuckled to himself shortly before a heavy sigh escaped his lips and he stood up from the couch and towards the mess of the closet room to help his hyungs finding their needed items. But he only made it halfway when Seungho saw him, jumped up and escorted him back to the couch.

            "Where do you think you're going?" Seungho asked with raised brow while pushing Mir to sit back on the sofa.

            Mir grinned sheepishly. "I was about to help you guys get ready." He blinked innocently at his own raspy voice which almost absent completely.

            Seungho exhaled, his lips slightly pulled downward. "You know I barely let you stay outside on the couch like this and you have guts to actually try to move around the dorm?" He nagged.

            "I'm not dying, hyung." Mir rolled his eyes.

            Sanghyun walked up to the other two, handing a pair of socks to the leader and proceeded to palmed Mir's forehead. "You're still hot."

            Mir smirked, flipping his short hair fabulously. "I know I'm hot."

            Seungho groaned while Sanghyun laughed out loud to Mir's antics. "Yea... Yea... You're the hottest maknae in the world." He decided to just play along with Mir's game. "But, you're also hot as in burning in fever. You need to rest." Sanghyun took a seat next to the pouting maknae, smiling softly knowing well the maknae was sulking.

            The maknae woke up with a raging fever this morning, probably from the shock he got from last night. Supposedly, Mir went with GO for a radio show but Joon caught Mir stumbling out of the bathroom looking so pale and exhausted, hence resulting in Joon taking over Mir's schedule. Seungho and Sanghyun had been taking care of the maknae this whole morning but unfortunately, they got practice this evening and surely they couldn't bring Mir whose fever still hadn't decrease.

            "Can't I just follow you guys? I promise I'll just watch." Mir tried with his puppy eyes mode.

            Seungho ruffled Mir's raven locks. "You're sick, Mir. The practice room is cold in this weather. It's storming outside. Remember the heater is broken?" Mir nodded once. "Just stay at the dorm and don't forget to take medicine. Take a nap and we will back in no time, okay?"

            Mir sniffed. "I don't want to stay alone." He mumbled, lips slightly quivering.

            "Aisy, you crybaby." Sanghyun pulled Mir's head to lie against his shoulder and wrapped a hand around the maknae giving light squeeze along maknae's upper arm, his method in comforting people.

            "I'm not crying." Mir defended, pushing Sanghyun off of him while scrunching his nose in distaste.

            "But you did cry last night." Sanghyun shot while Seungho nodded with a grin.

            "If you guys were in my place, you would probably react to it worse than me." Mir shot. "You guys might even faint!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

            "Urm... Cheolyong... You did faint last night." Seungho reminded the maknae whom flushed bright red at his comment and looked away sulkily. "Okay, how about this. We'll ask Byungki hyung to keep you company. Is that alright?"

            Mir wanted to shake his head and confide to the leader that he was damn scared. And though Byungki could keep him company, he didn't feel safe. But he didn't want to bother the leader too much knowing how busy one and each of the group members, so he just nodded obediently, watching as the two hyungs of him left him alone in the dorm and he immediately felt a tight knot in his stomach as fear crept into his being. But he tried his best to ignore them as he went to lie down on the couch, turning on the television to chase away the eerie silence and in no time, his eyelids drooped down and soon enough he was away in his deep sleep.

 

~~~~~~

 

Mir was woken up by a loud thunder rattling the window. It was still storming outside. He jolted up from the couch, looking around the dark room with confusion. Was it nightfall already? Did he sleep that long? Pulling himself up from the couch, he went to flicked on the light switch, hissing as the bright light assaulted his poor eyes.

            Feeling how dry and painful his throat was, he waltzed to the kitchen, taking a bottle of mineral water when he saw two white pills sitting on a small plate at the kitchen counter. Walking closer, he saw a yellow sticky note under the plate.

Eat the meds, maknae. If we come back and see these two pills still here, we have to punish you

            Mir gaped for a few seconds before bursting into a hearty laugh. He took the pills and swallowed it in one go, dunking the whole bottle down with them. His ears perked up at the sound of shuffling coming from one of the bedroom. He smiled. Guess, Byungki probably arrived when he was sleeping just now. He felt slightly relieved knowing he wasn't alone.

            Mir went back to watch the television and had his own peaceful time until the current was cut off right after a peculiarly strong thunderclap. Mir squeaked in surprise when he was suddenly thrown back in a pitch black space with only seldom lightning splitting the nightsky outside the window.

            "Hyung! Byungki hyung! The light is out!" Mir tried to shout for the manager but his voice barely passed his painful throat. Sighing, he patted around him like a blind man and found his way slowly into his own room and towards the container put beside the door. He rummaged blindly through every single items in there until he got a grab on a torchlight. "Hyung. Where are you?" He asked, shining the light around the room which turned out to be empty.

            Shrugging, he went to GO and Sanghyun's shared bedroom and opened the door, use the torch to help him look for Byungki. Strangely the room was empty as well.

            "Hyung? Byungki hyung?"

            Mir turned away from the room and that was when he fall back as he swore when the light from his torchlight ran through the living room, he saw a dark figure with long messy hair crouching on the cupboard where the television was put. Mir directed the torchlight back to the television but it wasn't there.

            "Hyung..." He whispered out shakily, almost shedding tears as he picked himself up and jogged across the living room towards the front door. He decided to just stay out at the hallway instead of in this haunted house when he, again flopped down weakly on the floor. He swore his heart stop beating in this moment.

            The entity was standing right at the front door with head hung low and his long messy hair covering his face. Mir's wide eyes traveled down to where the legs didn't touch the floor, just hanging limply a few inches above the ground. The fear that was raging through his blood was unbearable that he was hoping he would just faint already. He couldn't move away when the entity floated closer and closer to him and Mir squeezed his eyes shut.

            "Go away. Go away. Please. Just leave me alone." He pleaded shakily.

            "Cheolyong?" Mir instantly popped his eyes opened when he heard GO's voice. The maknae would have jumped in GO's safe embrace if not for he was too scared and numb to even move a finger. "Why is it so dark in here. Are you okay?" GO kneeled beside the younger as the other three filed in into the dorm and Sanghyun went to flick open the switch and the room was again washed by the bright light. "Did you see something again?" GO asked carefully, rounding his arms around Mir's trimmed waist and hoisted the boy up.

            Seungho went to Mir's other side and Mir immediately clung on Seungho's slightly wet jacket. "Hyung. I don't want to live here." He said with raspy voice and tears leaked out of his large eyes like a broken dam. "Take me out of here." He pleaded desperately, shaking Seungho slightly.

            Seungho's brows knitted as he brought his arms around the maknae, hugging the younger comfortingly. "It's our dorm, Cheolyong. We have to live here as MBLAQ." He reminded. "We have nowhere else to live."

            Mir shook his head. "No. I want to go home." His demeanor was almost child-like as he pushed Seungho away and turned to GO this time, the second in charge. "Please Byunghee hyung. Let me go home." He sobbed.

            "This is our home." GO answered hesitantly, chest hurting at the sight of the crying maknae.

            "No no no. This is her home." Mir kept shaking his head. "This is her home. Not ours."

            "Cheolyong, calm down." This time Joon spoke up, patting Mir's head. "What are you talking about?"

            "I quit then. I quit MBLAQ." Mir blurted out, ignoring the shock flashed on all four of his hyungs' face. "I quit, so please let me go home." Mir started to push Joon out of his way and tried to reach for the doorknob when Seungho restrained him from behind.

            "Cheolyong! Get a grip of yourself!" He warned when Mir started struggling against him.

            "NO! I WANT TO GO HOME!" Mir shouted though his voice sounded like broken cassette.

            "Cheolyong! Stop it! It's storming outside." GO helped Seungho to restrain Mir while Joon trying to calm Sanghyun down who had since freaked out at Mir's breakdown.

            "LET ME GO!" Mir struggled but his knees buckled when his head pounded painfully, almost throwing up when nausea jabbing his throat but he was brought into a warm embrace.

            "Shh... It's okay, I'm here." Seungho tried to sooth the sick maknae as he pulled Mir into his embrace again, threading his fingers in Mir's silky locks. "It's okay." Seungho kept doing the same thing over and over again. Whispering soothing words, giving Mir's head light pat, rubbing the small of Mir's back until Mir was calm enough. "I'm sorry we left you alone. Byungki hyung had a meeting with the other two." And he felt Mir clutched on the front of his shirt at the mention of their manager.

            "I was alone all this time..." Mir whispered out, burying his face into Seungho's chest.

            "Listen. I'll talk to Kyungho hyung about this. I'll try to get him to find us a new dorm. Is that okay with you?" Seungho pulled away slightly to peer into Mir's face which had long hidden in his chest.

            "I don't want to stay another night here." Mir muttered, looking up with pleading eyes.

            "You will sleep with me tonight. Okay?" Seungho assured. "And I promise I won't leave you alone in the dorm anymore until we got the notice to move. Okay?"

            Mir looked down thoughtfully, sniffling slightly before finally giving out a small nod. Seungho let a small smile grazed his lips as he started helping Mir towards their room. He halted a few steps after and turned to the other three. Sanghyun was still being comforted by Joon, so Seungho didn't have to worry. GO was still gazing sadly at the maknae, though there was a slight relief evident on his face knowing Mir won't leave MBLAQ. "You guys go and take a rest. We had a long day already. I got this." He assured, aura of leadership swiveled around him.

            "Hyung..." Mir called out when Seungho pulled away from him once they got inside the room, he grabbed the end of Seungho's jacket and try to follow the older like a little ducklings do mother duck.

            Seungho turned to look at Mir with a gentle smile. "We'll sleep on the floor. The bed is too small for both of us to sleep in. Let me fixed the place first." He informed, laying out the futon they stored under the bed, fluffing the pillows and setting up the bed carefully. He changed into his own pajama and patted the space next to him. Mir went obediently to lie next to Seungho and Seungho immediately covered him with a blanket. When Seungho lied down, Mir cuddled closer to the leader who seemed didn't mind, even using his free hand to lightly caress Mir's hair. "Have you taken your meds?" He asked and Mir nodded. He felt Mir's forehead and sighed when he realized the maknae's fever still was high. "I promise I'll protect you. Rest now." He assured and watched until Mir's eyes slowly closed. He pulled Mir even closer yet worries never left his features. He really need to get them out of here. Mir wasn't going to be fine living here. And despite he, himself never encounter anything strange in this dorm, he knew Mir would never lie about this and he saw how this was affecting Mir badly. By hook or crook, he will get the managers to arrange new dorm for MBLAQ and he was ready to make a scene at the company if his request was somehow rejected.

            "Hyung." A small voice called out and Seungho tilted his head slightly to see Sanghyun popping out his head from the bedroom door. The younger walked inside the room, a large pillow in his hands. "Can I sleep here?" He asked shyly.

            Seungho smiled. He pulled Mir slightly with him as he scooted to leave larger space for Sanghyun. "Of course you can." Sanghyun dove into the blanket Mir used right away.

            "Me too." Joon came in, lying comfortably beside Sanghyun.

            "Me three." GO came trotting, his feet pushing against Sanghyun slightly until the boy rolled away from Mir and closer to Joon and GO shamelessly squeezed into the space where Sanghyun was lying before and put his hand over Mir's arm, patting gently, like a mother.

            Seungho smiled even wider. "I guess I'm not the only one wanting to protect the maknae." He commented.

            "Of course. He's the baby after all." GO answered easily.

            "Poor maknae." Sanghyun sighed.

            "No one is going to pity me?" Joon asked and all three eyes fall on him. "Mir said that 'thing' impersonate me. It's scary! Why me of all people?" He whispered. "Was it because I'm the most good looking?"

            Sanghyun scowled. "Ugh! Then that 'thing' definitely have no taste in man." They laughed quietly at Sanghyun's remark except the sleeping Mir and pouty Joon.

            "Don't worry. I'll get us a new dorm." Seungho replied after a short while, still caressing Mir's hair who was frowning in his sleep. That look on Mir's face just made Seungho more determined than ever to protect the maknae. Let it be ghost or monster or killers, he would let nothing touch his maknae at all cost.

            "This time, if you're going to make a scene in the company, I'll join you." GO stated.

            "You're very welcome to."

            Though the presence in this dorm had caused Mir almost losing his sanity, it has somehow strengthen the bond between them five for one reason of protecting the maknae from the presence that only the maknae could sense.

            "I wonder though..." GO broke the silence when it felt like almost everyone was falling into a deep sleep. "Why is it only Cheolyong?"

            They all remained quiet as they have no answer to it and none intended to search for the answer. Tomorrow, they would start their mission to bring Mir out and away from this dorm. They didn't want to know what kind of presence was in this house. Never. For Mir's sake...

 

~~~~~~

 

"Finish packing?" GO poked his head into Mir's room, spotting the maknae was sitting cross-leg on the floor and Sanghyun was sitting next to the maknae, helping the maknae packing the clothes and some other essential. It was fortunate for them that the managers somehow all agree to find them a new dorm with excuse that Mir might not be able to do his work perfectly if the maknae kept being disturbed by something in the house.

            "Just a little bit more, hyung." Sanghyun answered, trying to zip close the overflowing luggage. He sighed when he saw Mir was still spacing out beside him, dark circles rimmed under maknae's eyes almost rivaling Seungho.

            Sure, the managers had bought them a new dorm, but obviously it would take time for it to be ready and they had been living in this dorm while the managers trying to settle all of the documents needed. And in those times they were staying in this house, each of them made sure that Mir wouldn't be left alone in the house. Mir would always either stuck by hips with Seungho or his other hyungs or even the managers at least but somehow Mir was looking sicker. He even lose a lot of weight ever since until to the point that one of the stylists started complaining about Mir's apparently too thin waist, causing them having to clip or alter Mir's stage custom. Mir might not encounter those scary event anymore with people around him but that 'thing' seemingly decided to haunt Mir in his sleep. Mir got nightmare almost every night and it was taking a toll on Mir's health. It was worrying to say the least. And Sanghyun was immensely grateful that the day for them to move was finally here.

            "Just pack what we really need. Leave the rest here. Kyungho hyung has called the moving truck." GO explained. He stepped away when Joon entered the room, taking a few of his exercising equipments.

            Joon sighed heavily. Him, too, couldn't wait to get out of here since he was starting to get nightmare too. It might be due to his sleeping problem but small part of his heart told him it had something to do with the presence Mir claimed to be lingering in the house. "Need help?" He offered, seeing how Sanghyun was struggling to close the bag.

            "Don't worry, I got it." Sanghyun grunted and let out an exclamation when he finally succeeded. "That's okay for now I guess." He said, eyeing the almost bursting luggage. He stood up and offered Mir a hand, pulling the maknae to stand up and without releasing Mir's hand, he lead the younger out of the room with Joon tailing them.

            "Where's Seungho hyung?" Mir asked in a small voice.

            "I'm here." Seungho stumbled into the dorm even before Sanghyun got his chance to answer the maknae. "The truck is here. They'll manage all the other things. Kyungho hyung is also here, let's go." He said, stretching out his hand for Mir whom immediately released Sanghyun's hand and took Seungho's. Seungho rushed the other three out of the dorm first, making sure he didn't leave anything important behind before pulling Mir with him.

            Seungho stopped however when he felt slight tug on his hand, looking back at Mir who was shuffling on his feet, eyes glued on the floor thoughtfully.

            "What's wrong?"

            Mir's eyes flickered once to Seungho before those orbs fall back on the floor. The maknae slowly turned around, eyes wandering around the house before he bowed down politely. "I'm ready." He said to Seungho after finishing his greeting into the empty room.

            Seungho smiled and squeezed Mir's hand slightly. Hopefully this would end here. Both of them left to join the others, closing the door behind them. Mir was the last one to enter their van and he threw one last glance to the building, eyes catching shadowy figure staring down at him from the closed window of where they used to live. He smiled slightly.

            It's yours now, that house.