The decision

Merry Christmas, Love

"I said, you're not dead"

You stared at the girl in front of you. She was gorgeous, no doubt. And close to your age, maybe around 19. Her long auburn hair flowed gracefully around her perfect face. Her face looked pretty kind. Embarrassed for staring so much, you shook your head and asked her warily, "How can you see me? Are you the Grim Reaper? Or- gasp! -are you my guardian angel or something like that?". Th girl laughed, "More or less, (Y/N)"

"Huh? How do you know my name?"

"I couldn't have have been sent to you without knowing at least your name, right?"

"Sent? By who? Wait, are you taking me to heaven or something?"

The girl stared at you in disbelief. "Seriously? Why is heaven sooo overrated all the time? The people there are friggin' annoying". You, of course, didn't get a word of what she was saying. "I'm sorry, but could you help me out over here? Am I dead or not?". The girl stopped rambling about heaven and gave you a sympathetic look. "Yeah, sorry. Got a little distracted there. No,(Y/N), you're not dead. Not yet, at least. You're in a coma". Silence. The streetlights flickered and you suddenly realized how cold it was out there. A coma... 

The girl's voice interrupted your thoughts "Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna live. It depends on a lot of stuff. How emotionally strong you are, your body's condition and most of all", she looked straight at you, "Whether you truly want to go back or not". Well that was easy. "Of course I wanna go back. Why wouldn't I?". Smirking, the girl looked towards the sky and mumbled "That's what the all say". You noticed a hint of sadness in her voice. But why would anybody not wanna go back? "I'm Sienna, by the way. But just call me Sia". Sienna...that sounded familiar. You looked up at her "Have I seen you before? You look so familiar..". She shrugged. "Maybe". Still, you felt like you knew her somehow. An old schoolmate probably. Sienna cocked her head slightly and smiled at you. "Let's go somewhere more comfortable, shall we?".

Soon, both of you were sitting on a park bench. The snow was still falling and the streetlights made the soft white powder look slightly golden. The church bells chimed gently, a sound that had always made you feel safer and closer to god. But now the sound scared you, reminding you that you might soon be seeing the Pearly Gates up close and personal. You sighed and looked at Sia. She was lost in thought, looking at the snowflakes falling slowly. Absentmindedly, she reached out to catch one but quickly withdrew her hand, knowing that the snowflake would just pass through it. You politely cleared your throat and asked her "Umm, Sia. Sorry to interrupt but what did you mean by 'that's what they all say'? Are you saying that some people actually wanna..you know, die? Or wait, were you talking about suicide?". Sia pursed her lips. "You see, (Y/N), those people say they wanna live because, well, who wants to die? Except for people with suicidal tendencies, of course. Anyway, they might say they wanna go back but the actual decision is in here" She put her hand on her chest, where her heart would be. "That's why you have to be emotionally strong to go back. If you're truly willing to go back and, you know, right your wrongs, live your life to the fullest and stuff, you'll be able to go back therwise how do I put this, it's pointless. But don't worry, even if you fail in going back, there are lots of nice places up there. And you'll be reborn depending on your past life". 

You thought about the fight with Jungkook and felt a wave of sadness. Even if he wished he'd never met you...even if he hated you....you still loved him. You wanted to tell him that. You sighed and asked Sis "What I wanted to fix a fight with someone but.. that someone..didn't care?". Sia looked at you in concern. "Then...I'm afraid going back would not be possible, (Y/N)". Unless, of course, the fight wasn't that important". You bit you lip. It was important. Of course it was.He was the most important thing in your life. And if you didn't matter to him, then you had no reason for going back.

Sia looked at you and furrowed her brows in concern. Then she looked in front of her and gazed at the golden snow. "His name. It's Jungkook, isn't it?". Hearing that voice made you feel warmer.  You turned to her and asked "How do you know that?". Sia smiled. "I told you, I was sent here for you so I'm bound to know a few things". You tried to smile a little out of politeness. 

Suddenly, Sia said "I was like you too, once. Head over heels in love". She chuckled softly. You smiled at the new info. "Tell me more, I'm all ears".

"He was, god, he was the best. And boy was he good-looking. Haha. But also, smart, sweet, charming. Everything I'd ever hoped for in a guy". You felt a pang of sadness as you remembered feeling the same way about Jungkook. Sia continued "We dated for only a short time. Few months, I think. But even after breaking up, we still remained friends. Best friends, in fact. Then one day, I fell sick. I kept getting worse and worse. The doctors couldn't do anything. I was dying. But he was there for me. Everytime he came to visit me, I felt ten times better. He would talk to me for hours on end and with him around, I almost felt like I was getting better. I wasn't, though, and pretty soon...well.. you know".

You looked at Sia and saw a tear rolling down her cheek. She must be feeling so regretful..

Wordlessy, you put your arms around her and let her cry into your shoulder for a few minutes. Soon, Sia stopped crying and took a deep breath. She looked at you and said "I still loved him, (Y/N) and I didn't get to tell him. I lost the chance. But I'm not gonna let the same thing happen to you. Come one, we're running out of time". She grabbed your hands and closed her eyes for a few seconds. You gasped as the world around you turned into a bright light. When the light faded, you found yourself standing in front of the emergency room of a hospital. "There's still hope, (Y/N). You'll get your life back, I'll make sure of that. You ready?". You gulped and shakily nodded your head. Sia pushed open the door. 

You gasped as your hand went up to your mouth. What?


hehe! hope you enjoyed the chapter! i tried making it better and longer than before.

no spoilers please!! lol

- monkeyburger >o<