Fin.

The Guy on the Train
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the train engine woke her up from her sleep. Still half asleep, she took out her phone to see the time. 7.30 at night. Better go back to sleep. She said before pulling her blanket which practically covered her whole body—she intended to cover half of her face with it.

But she can’t. It’s just that she was too hungry to go back to her dreamland.

Her name is Wendy Son, a Seoul born woman but lived in Canada when she was in fifth grade of elementary school. But she came back two years ago to Seoul to study music in one of the universities in there. It’s actually a rare scene though, to see Wendy traveling alone with no one as her companion. One thing for sure is that; she hates traveling alone.

So why was she there, alone in the train?

Her friend, Irene, successfully made Wendy leaving to Daegu to visit her. Well, to pick her up to be honest. Irene is someone who knows a lot about each of her friends; Wendy, Seulgi, Joy, Yeri—she knows everything about them to the point she remembers all of their secrets. And that became Irene’s weapon. “I promise, you’ll get the charm of traveling alone!” That was the last thing Irene said to Wendy before she bought the train ticket.

 

“Where are we now, if I may ask?” Wendy asked one of the waiters inside the train’s cafeteria right after she ordered her food; typical bibimbap that you can’t really expect about the taste. Probably the worst bibimbap you would ever taste.

“We’ll arrive at Cheonan soon.” The waiter replied with a polite smile, of course.

“Okay thank you.” Wendy said as she walked back to her seat but suddenly turned to face the waiter again as she remembered something. “If no one sit beside me at Cheonan that means the seat will be empty the entire ride, right?” And the waiter nodded to answer the question. Wendy went back to her seat, took out a novel—that she bought just before she hopped on the train—from her backpack. Her love for reading beats everything in this entire world.

About fifteen minutes later, the train stopped and it arrived at Cheonan. Please let me be alone, please. She prayed silently as she looked around the car, suspicious of her surroundings. Everything makes her suspicious.

But it seems like the world doesn’t orbit around her that day.

Wendy looked up and she saw a guy standing beside her seat. A terrified expression plastered on Wendy’s face, as if she saw a ghost. Like seriously, she’s that scared. Anyway, the guy looked thoroughly at every seat in the car, obviously trying to find his seat. He mumbled “16b” repeatedly and Wendy heard that.

“Oh, 16b is her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter