One

Meet Me At 4.20PM

A/N: Initially I wanted to make this a one-shot but I got carried away and wrote this story into 3 chapters. So here is chapter 1! The following chapters will be uploaded soon ^^ Subscribe and leave a comment!

Royui’s POV

Royui kept her head down as she walked the familiar route home from school. Why did her house have to be uphill again? She forced herself to keep moving, promising herself that a different snack awaited her upon her return home with each step she took.

But most of all what she wanted was a nice cool shower. Or maybe a bath so she didn’t have to stand anymore.

On a usual day she wasn’t quite this lazy, but there was something about hot weather always managed to zap her of all her energy.

She was half regretting not having accepted the ride her friend had offered her. Still, impressively seeming as her energy levels were seriously depleted, her step only faltered once on her trudge up the hill, which was when she came faced to the familiar cut off that led a quicker path to her house.

Hesitating she glanced at her watch.

4:13p.m

There was still a small chance

She let out a long sigh cursing herself as she stent a forlorn look in the direction of the short cut, before she walked past it continuing on her uphill climb.

Seven minutes later she was questioning her decision. Why was it she had opted to take the scenic route back to her house again? If she hadn’t she’d be home right now, rather than having another seven-minute walk to look forward too.

But it wasn’t a real question. She knew why she had almost doubled her walking time and why she had rejected the ride home from her friend Ari.

Because of him.

Because every day she walked home, if she was on this exact road at about 4:20p.m there was a slim chance that they’d run into each other. And if they ran into each other then he always insisted to walk her the rest of the way home.

And that five-minute ‘walk’ no matter how short, or how silent it might be, always ended up being the highlight of her day. And that made everything worth it. She glanced at her watch once more as she reached the street where their paths might cross.

4:22p.m

She let out a deep breath. He probably wasn’t even here anymore.

Holding in a sigh she forced her feet to keep moving onwards, only to have the life half frightened out of her when she almost walked straight into the person she had been hoping to see.

“Hey, there!” A familiar deep voice rumbled as two strong hands landed on either one of her shoulders to stop her from toppling over as she stumbled back in surprise.

Royui felt her heart start pounding for a whole new reason as she found her face to glorious chest with the guy who had unwittingly placed his inescapable hold on both her thoughts and feelings.

Slowly Royui swallowed as she lifted her eyes to find her favourite smile directed straight at her. Sure Royui (and probably many other people) could go on for days about how unbelievably good looking the man in front of her.

He was overly graced with a strong jaw, well-muscled arms, drool-worthy eyes, and intimidating height. But what Royui had found herself falling in love with was his smile.

It was just the right mix of humour and affection that could trick hearts into melting into puddle at the sight of it. Taking in a deep breath Royui gave her own (far less awe-inspiring) smile in return to him.

“Sehun.” She said his name, hoping she didn’t sound as infatuated as she felt whilst looking up at him. “Thanks.” She said motioning to the hold he still had on her shoulders.

Sehun’s eyes softened slightly as he dropped his height a little to talk to her by stooping his back. He didn’t seem to notice the fact that under his eyes Royui was dangerously close to going into cardiac arrest.

“No problem.” He said softly. “Perhaps you should look where you’re going next time though, okay?” He suggested, a teasing note coating his words, making Royui’s cheeks heat.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” She mumbled.

“Good.” He said, his eyes slowly scanning over her face, before using the silence that stretched between them as an opportunity to greet her. “Hey Royui.”

“Hey.” She greeted back, her voice coming out slightly breathless.

But she was going to blame the twenty-minute uphill walk for that. The left corner of Sehun’s mouth kicked up a little bit higher, creating a small dimple in his cheek.

“Nice hair.” He said jokingly.

Royui gave him an unimpressed look, swatting away his hand as he went to touch it. Her hair at that moment was anything but nice.

The humidity had it frizzing in every direction, completely overpowering the fact she had spent a good hour attempting to straighten her hair into something halfway presentable this morning. Within the first hour of school she’d been forced to tie it up into a messy bun in a pointless endeavour of damage control.

“Very funny.” She knew she probably looked like some crazy person.

“I’m serious.” He insisted. ”It’s very cute.” She might have believed him if it wasn’t for the gleam of humour in his eyes, or the tell-tale twitch of his lips as he held in a laugh.

“Lying jerk.” She accused, pushing his chest, trying to make him move away so it was easier for her to think.

It was an almost impossible feat. Sehun was an over six foot tall guy made of pure muscles, where as she was just a five foot four nothing with twigs for arms.

Still he straightened up when she pushed him away, much to her relief and disappointment. Letting out an exhausted sigh under her breath, that didn’t go unnoticed by Sehun. Royui straightened the strap her school bag.

Her school bag. Reason one that Sehun wouldn’t look at her with anything but brotherly affection.

He was twenty-four and she was eighteen. Six years. She doubted he’d be able to look past that gap. And the fact that she turned into a stuttering pre-teen around him and he always seemed so in control and mature for his age, only served to widen the already glaringly obvious .

“Hey, are you okay?” Sehun asked with concern.

Royui gave him a small smile. “Yeah fine. Just tired.” She admitted.

Understanding crossed his eyes. “The heat getting to you?” He asked, worry lining his voice.

“A little.”

Sehun dug his hand into his bag workbag that was full of loose sheets of paper. Sehun smiled to herself. No matter how many times Sehun had tried to explain it to her, she had never come to understand what exactly his job was. He worked with computers was about as far as she’d ever come to understand it.

But she had never minded listening to Sehun’s attempt to explain what it was he did. Sehun was one of the rare few people who enjoyed his work, and the passion he held for whatever it was he did could be heard clearly in his voice. Royui liked hearing him talk about it, because he always did so with unbridled excitement in his voice.

However for a computer nerd, Sehun was surprisingly unorganised. The crumpled sheets of paper sticking out at odd angles from the edges of his bag were a good reflection of that part of his personality.

“Here.” Sehun said, successfully dragging Royui out of her thoughts.

He had one hand outstretched towards her, offering her the water bottle that he held loosely in his grip. Royui brightened up at the sight of it.

“You, good sir, are a god send!” She expressed happily, not hesitating to take the water bottle from him, and uncap it for a long drink.

Sehun chuckled as she unabashedly guzzled it down. Later she would berate herself for acting like a kid again rather than refined and mature, now she was just desperate for a drink.

“Better?” He asked with a smile, when she pulled the bottle away from her lips, handing it back to him.

“Much.” She grinned, feeling revived from her almost dead state

Sehun’s smile widened at her response. “Good. Now let’s get you out of the heat. I’ll walk you back.”

It wasn’t a question. It rarely ever was and that made Royui feel better, because if it were a question she would feel obligated to listen to her conscience and tell him not to worry about it. That it was just five minutes.

“Okay.” She agreed anyway, falling instep next to Sehun, who stuffed both his hands casually into his pockets as he walked by her side.

It was easy to keep up conversation with Sehun. It came so simply to her. Even though she knew sometimes she ended up over-speaking, Sehun didn’t make her feel weird for it. Instead he listened as if he was hanging onto her every word.

Royui revelled in the feeling, because it was moments like this she felt most comfortable around him.

Royui beamed at Sehun as he chuckled gently as she told him about the disastrous events of the day. Starting with the fact that she had forgotten her PE kit at home, and finishing on how she had managed to accidently punch a teacher in the face whilst giving a hug to her friend.

“Wow.” Sehun laughed. “You can’t get through one day without some kind of mishap can you?” He asked, his eyes shining with amusement as he gave me a teasing shake of his head.

“Raina tells me the same thing.” Royui told him, without thinking through her words.

It wasn’t until she saw Sehun’s smile lose a little of its life that she realised what she said wrong. Kim Raina. Her sister. His ex. Reason number two why Sehun would never want to date her, ever.

She was inwardly kicking herself for bringing about the awkward air that hung around them where conversation had easily flowed two seconds before. She wanted to take back the words, but it was too late. Sehun gave an uncomfortable cough, as he dug one of his hands from his pockets to run through his hair.

“How is Raina these days?” He asked looking awkward and sounding unsure of if he should be asking.

Royui shrugged her shoulders. “Well.” She answered honestly.

He winced.” So she’s not too mad?” He asked

Royui gave him an uncomfortable smile. “Well you’re not her most favourite person. But I don’t think so.”

In all honesty Royui knew her sister was handling much better with the fact Sehun had dumped her than Royui would have been able too.

Though Royui knew she would never have to put that to the test. If Sehun had one day dumped Raina, the graceful, older, prettier, of the two Kim sisters, there was no way he’d ever be interested in her.

“She doesn’t really talk to me about you to be honest.” She finished. “And thank god for that.”

She didn’t think she could handle it if her sister ever came to her to talk about her relationship with Sehun.  Even if it was over now. It was a piece of history Royui would be more than happy to erase if it were possible.

“Oh that’s good.” Sehun replied.

Royui debated on whether or not to tell Sehun that Raina actually had a date tonight, and that she wasn’t planning on coming home if the note she had left for Royui to find on the door this morning was anything to go by, just to try and gauge his reaction.

But she knew it would have been petty of her, and she didn’t want to mess with Sehun like that. If he held any feelings towards her sister she knew it would hurt him to hear about her moving on.

When they arrived at Royui’s apartment, she felt a small rush of both happiness and disappointment.

She tried not to let the fact that he always walked her right to the door of the apartment, despite the fact he would have to backtrack to his own place a street and a half away, get to her head.

It was just a street and a half, it wasn’t that big of a deal but the fact that he would run the risk of running into Raina just to walk her that extra street and a half made her chest feel warm.

“Thanks for walking me back, Sehun.” She said just like she always did.

And just like he always did he told her not to worry about it. The door fell closed between them. And that was it.

Those were her five minutes.