Final

Heartstricking Nightmare
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wordcount: 2760

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung~, I’m hungry~!”, Jimin whines on their way home from grocery shopping.

 

“We’re almost back, so stop whining, Jiminie.”, Yoongi grumbles next to him. Why did he even have to go along in the first place? It is their day off and Yoongi actually wanted to get some much needed sleep. He sighs as he finally remembers. Jin didn’t want Jimin to buy and carry the purchase by himself, coming to it: at this time of the day (8 freaking pm)! So he made Yoongi tag along, since the other members were either busy or already had their own task to do at the dorm.

 

Yoongi is brought back to reality by the younger’s cute - he had to admit - whining. “Ah~..., it feels like the way back is longer than to the shop!” But not long after, Jimin comes up with a fun plan to shorten the time getting back to their dorm. He looks at his hyung with a smirk decorating his too cute face. “So~~, the first one reaching home will get to shower first!” and he runs off ahead, giggling at his own brilliant idea.

 

“Aish, this kid…”, Yoongi silently groans to himself, slightly shaking his head and unable to hold back a small smile. He actually enjoys accompanying his favourite dongsaeng, but he would never admit that aloud.

 

Suddenly a loud scream tears him out of his train of thoughts. He immediately looks up, only to be met with a sight of three guys ganging up on his precious Jimin. Before he can even think about what to do, he is already punching into the face of a guy that is strangling his dongsaeng.

 

Jimin falls to the floor, his gasps for air ending in coughs. His view is blurry, head pounding and pounding, as much needed oxygen invaded into his burning lungs.

 

Yoongi doesn’t know what to do, he can only give his best holding these jerks away from his fellow band member.

 

The latter tries getting up to help his hyung. His view still a little fuzzy, but he can’t just sit around doing nothing in this kind of situation, he thinks.

 

As he looks up at his fighting hyung, it feels like time is twice as slow as normally, whereas Jimin’s heart drops into the depths of pain. One of the guys takes out a knife, ramming it into his hyung’s stomach, only to drag it out seconds after. Jimin’s eyes widen. His vision turning blurry again, but this time nothing but tears are the reason. “N-no…”

 

Yoongi falls down to his knees, clutching his hands over the fresh wound. The younger is frozen on his spot, watching in horror as crazy amounts of blood stream out of his hyung’s wound as he is now falling completely to the ground.

 

The latter – still taken over by shock – can’t move, his mind totally blank. Not allowing even a single thought to run across it, not allowing him to have any rational mind-sets.

 

It is the police siren that takes him back to reality. Making him jump up immediately, straight to the other’s side. The threatening guys – that ran away at the sounds of the loud siren – are the least thing he worries about right now.

 

He looks at his hyung not moving, some of his tears falling onto the older’s face. His skin is paler than normal, if that’s even possible. His chest is heaving way too less and heavily.

 

Jimin takes Yoongi’s face into his hands, slightly patting his cheeks, still not able to believe what just happened. “Hyung~..” he says in between his sobs and shallow breaths. His voice not more than a mere wisp of whisper.

 

He obtains no answer from the weak older. His sobs now getting louder, his tears bigger, his breathing more unregular. He grows more desperate with every further second.

 

“J-Jimi-.. -nie”, Yoongi mutters lowly, using the tiny bit of strength he has left to gaze up into his dongsaeng’s beautiful orbs. A small hopeful smile starts creeping up onto said man’s face “Hyung~! I’m h-here!” After a split second of a smile on Yoongi’s face he closes his eyes, his body becoming limp………

 

 

 

 

……… “NOOOOOOO!!!” Jimin screams, waking up in his bed, sweat covering his whole body, making his clothes feel unbelievable uncomfortable on his skin, but he can’t care less about that at the moment.

 

He is panting hard as he takes in his all-too-familiar surroundings. A working table covered with books (mostly manga), the chair in front of the table, a big wardrobe, the big window showing the bright moon, the wall-mirror. No grocery shopping, no gangsters, no blood, no hurt Yoongi-hyung. No doubt that Jimin is in his bedroom.

 

Then there can also be no doubt about the previous happenings. ‘Dream… it-was-all-… just a dream..’ Jimin concludes, breathing out in pure relief.

 

He sits up in his bed, elbows on his knees while he’s rubbing his hands over his face in an attempt to calm down.

 

“I need some water.”

 

He stands up from his bed, slowly trotting out of his room. Walking through the dark hallway into the dorms’ kitchen. When putting on the light, his eyes are narrowing at the sudden brightness.

 

Jimin is rubbing his temples, making his way to the sink. Luckily no one seems to have awaken to his sudden scream. “Maybe the scream just… happened in my dream...?”, he says to no one in particular.

 

Jimin exhaustedly opens the shelf next to the sink and takes a small glass out. He pours some water into his glass and nips a little bit of the refreshing cold drink.

 

He puts the emptied glass next to the sink, after clearing it in no time. He sighs with his eyes closed, still trying to progress that everything was just a bad nightmare.

 

(M e a n w h i l e   i n   a n o t h e r   r o o m   o f   t h e   d o r m.)

 

All the members are home, and all of them asleep, except to Yoongi. He’s working on a song idea for their new album.

 

He’s deep in thought until he hears someone walling around the dorms. He checks the clock ‘2am… who could be walking around at this time…? Or rather why would someone be awake at this time?’. He is too curious to just go on with his lyrics. So Yoongi decides to take a short peek at the nightwalker and then maybe call it a day.

 

After turning of his laptop and the table lamp, he makes his way out of the room, silently closing the door behind him. With cat steps he approaches the source of light – coming from the kitchen he notes –, where he would most likely find an answer to ‘whom’ was obviously still awake.

 

As he looks i

Please log in to read the full chapter