final

stupid

I hope you enjoy this haha, i'll just write my imagination of this situation down quickly, i don't have a special idea for this so don't expect too much. But anyway, I'll try my best, have fun!

+ I already want to apologize for all grammatical and verbal mistakes since english isn't my native language

~

 

When Mark came to Korea, being just a 14 year old boy without any knowledge of korean it was very hard for him to get used to his new environment. The first year was tough and the redhead missed his family and friends more than anything. He barely had any friends and because of the language barriere his grades didn't improve rather went down. His grades weren't the best in general but the move to Korea should have changed that. Thanks to his talent in material arts Mark got a scholarship for an korean school and everyone told him how important it would be for him to accept the offer. Mark knew all this was supposed to be the best for him but he really didn't understand how his parents could think moving to a foreign country with only 14 years was a good idea. In Korea everything was different, not only the language but also the traditions and how you have to behave, Mark got weird glances from others more than one time because he did something that was normal in America but unpolite for Koreans. That time really wasn't enjoyable for Mark but although he thought about going back to the USA more than one time he never gave up, he wanted to go through this, for his family and to prove himself that he can be independent and mature. He wasn't a baby that needs the help of his parents for everything, he was able to accomplish this by himself.

In the end Mark is happy he didn't give up through all the bad times, he has many good friends in Korea now and actually thinks about staying here after he graduates. It's not like he doesn't want to see his family and friends again or doesn't like America, he really does, but he spent the most important years of his childhood here. These three years in Korea are the ones which made him, in Korea he grew up, he learned how to handle all kind of problems, he learned more about himself and people plus the world in general. In Korea he changed. 

One more reason for staying in Korea are all the people who accompanied him through the down parts of his life, the ones who held him when he needed a shoulder to cry on because of his homesickness, the ones who cheered him up to never give up hope and to continue learning korean, they are all here, in Korea.  

Mark can't imagine to ever leave his friends. In only three years they became the most important people in his life. Jaebum, Jackson, Youngjae, Kunpimook, Yugyeom, and the most important: Jinyoung.


Jinyoung who was the first to talk to the strange foreign student, Jinyoung who teached him korean and is always by his side even if Mark is in a bad mood and acts grumpy towards him. Jinyoung who knows every side of Mark, the good and the bad ones, but still doesn't turn away from him and is always ready to listen to Marks problems.

Jinyoung is the one who understands Mark, the one who never laughs at Mark for not talking or is annoyed because the redhead doesn't get to the point. He is the only one who always laughs at Marks jokes and it doesn't matter what makes Mark suffer, Jinyoung is always there to cheer him up, to embrace him, to just be there. He asks Mark about his opinion, he cares about his thoughts and he always shows Mark how much he means to him.

Mark never thought he would have a friend like that someday, until he met Jinyoung he had never been this close to anyone. Nobody ever got Mark to trust him so fast and until now Mark doesn't regret trusting Jinyoung. He is sure he never will.

Jinyoung is just amazing, he's the best friend ever. He's soft, caring, kind, gentle, charming, extremely intelligent and talented. Not even if Mark would use all positive adjectives in this world it would describe Jinyoung. Sometimes when the blackhaired male talks about the things he likes Mark stops listening to him and just stares at him in awe. If Jinyoung notices that he always starts to pout and sulks about Mark spacing out, of course Mark doesn't tell him that Jinyoungs face just distracts him too much. He can't help it, the sight of Jinyoung really being into something is stunning, his eyes start to light up as if he has stars in them, turning into little moons and when he finished talking Jinyoung sends him one of his heartwarming blinding smiles. 

Mark likes looking at and listening to interesting people, and that's what Jinyoung is. He's more than only interesting, sometimes Mark wonders how a human can be so gorgeous. He's really happy to have Jinyoung as a friend, who would have thought someone like Jinyoung could want a shy antisocial boy like Mark as best friend. Mark definitely not, so he is more than proud about their friendship. 

Jinyoung even knows his family, he didn't meet them until now but through countless skype conversations between Mark and his parents which Jinyoung of course also attended since he's with Mark all the time anyway he has improved a pretty good relationship with the Tuans and even calls them mom and dad. Mark isn't quite sure about that but he also feels like Jinyoung and his sisters secretly have contact because there were several times where Jinyoung snickered over some embarrassing story about Mark, which he is 100% sure he hasn't told him. It seems like his family loves Jinyoung even more than they love Mark, it doesn't surprise him though, his best friend is just to lovable to not immediately and completely fall for him.


He knows he can tell Jinyoung everything like Jinyoung can tell him everything too. They have no secrets and know everything about each other. When Mark was 15 and Jinyoung 14 years old the other told him he was gay. The announcement didn't suprise Mark, he never could imagine Jinyoung with any girls. Actually he can't imagine him with anyone, Mark and Jinyoung are together 24/7 so the thought of Jinyoung spending his time with someone else is really weird.  He might be straight but he was always fine with Jinyoung being gay since he thinks everyone should love who they want and as long as Jinyoung is happy Mark is happy too. They even joke around about it sometimes and pretend to flirt with each other. 


Back then when both were still at the start of puberty his best friend being gay was just an unimportant fact to Mark. They just got into high school and although Jinyoung was already sure about his uality he never really had an actual interest in someone and certainly not a boyfriend. 

But that changes with them getting older. Mark already had a friend with benefits once but the girl broke it up because she developed feelings for someone. Apart from that one time experience Mark never had anything going on, he also isn't interested in anyone yet either. 

So while sixteen year old Mark doesn't care about anything that has to do with hormones, fifteen year old  Jinyoung starts meeting random guys and sometimes even brings them to the dorm. Mark always thought that he doesn't have a problem with it since it isn't his buisness who Jinyoung makes out with, also his best friend is pretty discreet about it and Mark never has to see or hear anything that he wouldn't want to see or hear from anyone but somehow he starts to feel weird about seeing Jinyoung with other guys.

Mark doesn't know when this whole feeling weird thing started, the first time he really catches Jinyoung with another guy is on the party for his 17th birthday. Mark just turned 17 and Jinyoungs 16th birthday is in two weeks, so because Mark never celebrated his birthday during the time he was in Korea before his friends decide it's time for a big party. Since Mark lives with Jinyoung in the school dorms they have to borrow the house of one of their best friends Youngjae for one night. Youngjaes parents aren't at home due to work and they have the whole mansion all for their own. 

The house is already full of people and music pulsates through the rooms when Mark starts to wonder where Jinyoung is. He hasn't seen him since over half an hour what's really unusual. Mark squeezes himself through the crowd while his eyes roam over all the blurry faces searching for Jinyoung. He starts getting worried when he sees a familar face in the middle of the room, between all the other people there is Jinyoung dancing closely to some handsome guy Mark doesn't know. At the sight of Jinyoungs arms around the others neck a sudden uneasiness settles in Marks stomach. It just looks so wrong.

Mark almost goes over to them to seperate them but then he mentally slaps himself, he shouldn't be disturbed by something totally normal. He already knows Jinyoung is gay and that's totally okay. He ignores that his heartbeat tells him otherwise.

The feeling in Marks stomach doesn't decrease for the next hour so he goes to the kitchen and drinks a bit alcohol to distract himself. 


It's already dark outside when he decides to look after Jinyoung again but once more the younger is nowhere to be found. Mark asks several people if they have seen him but it seems like nobody knows about Jinyoungs whereabouts. Mark searches through the whole house when Jaebum approaches him. 

"In the case that you're searching Jinyoung right now, he left with another guy twenty minutes ago..."

It isn't the simple fact that Jinyoung left what makes Mark angry right now, he can relate to that, both him and Jinyoung aren't big fans of huge events, but the thought of Jinyoung leaving with and because of another guy somehow annoys him. Jinyoung can have fun wherever and with anyone he wants but today is Marks birthday party and that his best friend out of all days choose this evening makes Mark feel like he has been cheated on.

Suddenly he doesn't want to stay at this party anymore. He just wants to go home.

Without sparing Jaebum one more glance Mark rushes out of the room, runs down the stairs and through the door out of the house. He doesn't care that this party is for him and he should actually be there for his guests, he feels so freakin sick right now he just wants to go back to the dorm. 

When he's finally there and opens the door he thinks that maybe, maybe it was a bad decision not to stay and that he's stupid for leaving. 

He's welcomed by the sight of Jinyoung laying on the couch, his back against the pillows and a boy hovering over him with whom he's currently making out with. Mark immediately recognizes the boy from the party, it makes him feel like and as he watches Jinyoung tightly clinging onto the others shirt he wants nothing more than to throw up. The two are so into each others faces that they don't even notice Mark who's currently standing at the door, staring at them in disgust. 

A cough disturbs the silence as Mark clears his throat to get their attention and both turn their faces just to look into Marks dark expression. Jinyoung immediately pushes the boy from the party away and stands up his face flushed red and his hair messy. He's embarassed and doesn't know what to say, Mark doesn't know either.

"U-uhm... wrong timing wrong place i guess? Sorry we... I... I didn't know you would come home at this time already and I know you don't have a problem with me bringing someone here so... we wanted to go to my room but we got kind of carried away?" Jinyoung stutters and lets out a nervous chuckle after. 

He clearly feels uncomfortable while standing there in the middle of the room, his buddy still behind him on the couch and Mark at the door, an obvious tension in the room. Jinyoung awkwardly scratches his neck and looks at Mark with guilty eyes, he doesn't want to bring his best friend in any uncomfortable situation and while Mark doesn't have any problems with homouality it still isn't a nice situation to walk into the middle of an making out session.

But instead of saying that it isn't a problem and he doesn't need to apologize Mark sends them one last hatefull glance and turns around on the doorsill, leaving the house and a dumbfounded Jinyoung behind.

He needs air and time for himself now. He doesn't understand what's happening to him, he just saw his best friend making out with another guy, so what? It shouldn't be his buisness. 

Mark feels so bad, not because of what he saw but because of what he felt. The sight of the two boys shoving their tongues in each others mouths increased that weird feeling in his stomach even more and what scares Mark the most, he felt disgusted. He isn't supposed to be disgusted just because of two people of the same gender sharing kisses. He has NO good reason to feel like that. 

After fifteen minutes in which he calmed down Mark goes back to the dorm, the party guy luckily already left and Jinyoung just sits on the couch staring at the wall, Mark sits down next to him, the blackhaired male is the one to speak first.

"I'm sorry you had too see that, the next time I'll be more careful and immediately go to my room. I didn't think you'd be back so soon, I just feel really embarrassed right now..."

He gets soft smile in reponse "Don't worry Jinyoungie, it's okay. Beside from feeling embarrassed too I'm okay"

It's a lie, Mark feels like the biggest asshxle ever remembering how he felt just twenty minutes ago, but he thinks that at least he probably only had that reaction because Jinyoung and that guy making out on the couch caught him by suprise. He's sure it's an one-time thing.

It isn't though.

After the party accident everytime when Jinyoung has a guy over Mark starts feeling like and wishes the guy would leave.

He doesn't know how to explain what's suddenly happening to him and why he acts like an homophobic idiot but he can't help it.  In the evening when he lays in his bed and wants to sleep he can't stop thinking about what these guys might have done to him even though he doesn't even want to imagine that. Every night the picture of Jinyoung making out with that boy shows up in his head over and over again and although it's just a memory, a simple pic in his mind, everytime he thinks of it Mark starts to get nausea and wants to vomit. 

The whole situation is exhausting, only the sight of Jinyoung entering the dorm with a guy following makes Mark feel extremely uncomfortable and grossed out.

And all that because of a few guys Jinyoung fools around with, who only come over once in a while. Mark doesn't know what he would do if Jinyoung ends up getting an actual boyfriend.

He isn't sure if Jinyoung notices the change in his behavior but the situation seems to affect their friendship. They don't really talk about it though until one day when it gets out of hand.

It's wednesday and on wednesdays Mark always has more lessons than Jinyoung so Jinyoung uses the short time where he's at the dorm alone and when Mark comes home some guy is right about to leave.

The boy clearly tries to be polite and nice to Mark, although it's really awkward, but Mark only feels his blood boil once again.

He's so pissed without any reason that all he wants to do right now is pushing the guy out of the door. Mark just can't control himself anymore, he feels so mad that he acts rude towards the guy and makes a mean comment.

When the guy left Mark looks into the angry face of his best friend.

"God Mark, why do you have to be such an ?!"

Mark doesn't know what to say, his lips tremble as he watches Jinyoung who has an more than upset look on his face.

He wants to say that he doesn't know it either, that he actually doesn't have a problem with queers and these feelings are all new to him. He wants to say that he doesn't want to be disgusted and he would support Jinyoung with anything that makes him happy but Jinyoung doesn't give him a chance to speak.

"Do you have a problem with me sleeping with other guys? Do you find me revolting?! Is it that?"

Mark only manages to shake his head before Jinyoung continues talking furiously, seeming even more pissed right now.

"Well YOU can't complain anyways since I was the one who was forced to watch you being affectionate with your buddy all the time. But did I act so rude towards her even once? No!"

The words hit Mark into the face like a rock, Jinyoung and him never had a fight before and he feels so freaking guilty for what he has done. Being too nervous to look into the ravenhaireds face right now Mark looks to the ground, a sad expression on his face.

"I'm sorry... I just had a bad day okay, you're right I shouldn't have been so unpolite, it was stupid of me to act this way. But I really don't care who you're sleeping with..."

If possible Jinyoung looks even more upset right now and Mark doesn't understand what he did wrong. 

"You know what, I'm just going to a friends place right now to cool off. Maybe I can sleep over at Jaebum's or Youngjae's"

Mark only nods weakly.

When Jinyoung is at the door he turns around one more time and says casually "you'll be okay if I sleep with him as long as we do it at his place and not ours, right?"

"Well I mean it's not of my buisness..." Mark says although he feels a pang in his heart and sick in his stomach.

He can't stop thinking about the words for the next hours. 

Like forewarned Jinyoung doesn't come home that night and the next day in school Mark doesn't see him either since they don't share any lessons on thursdays. Usually because of that on thursdays they always meet each other in their favourite cafe but today Jinyoung doesn't come. He never blew Mark up before, he's a person to always show up when he's supposed to and especially the cafe dates with mark are something he never misses. Mark feels like . He knows it's his fault for making Jinyoung feel like he was judging him for sleeping with guys but that really isn't the case.

Fortunately when Mark comes home Jinyoung is back in the dorm, acting normal like always and like nothing happend. 

But somehow Mark is still worried  to mess things up. 

What if it happens again?

He wants to keep his best friend but Jinyoung would be hurt if he knew that the thought of him with other guys disgusts Mark. And the last thing Mark wants is Jinyoung to be hurt but he knows that when he continues to act this way and judges Jinyoung for his lifestyle all the time just because seeing Jinyoung with other guys makes him feel crappy, that's what's going to happen, his best friend will be hurt.

Mark has no clue how to deal with all of this, he has never been intolerant but suddenly developed some kind of homophobia where just the idea of Jinyoung's life makes him uncomfortable. What's weird is that he doesn't react like this to seeing other gay people in action, it's just Jinyoung. He doesn't know what it means, maybe he's only okay with gay people as long as he isn't living with them? Mark can't explain it.

One saturday one month after Jinyoung's sixteenth birthday Mark is alone at the dorm and calls Tammy. He desperately needs advice to the problem with Jinyoung and he thinks that his older sister is the only one who can help him right now. 

'Are you sure that weird feeling isn't jealousy...?' she asks after Mark told her everything that happend, Jinyoungs and his argument included. 'I mean, this only seems to revolve around Jinyoung specifically'

Mark hums 'I thought about that too since I normally don't have any problems with homouality, but I don't know what I'm meant to be jealous of. Jinyoung definitely has a more active life than I do but reacting like this to something like that seems really strange and irrational. Also it's not like I really care about that topic.' 

He can see his sister snickering 'yeah but I thought that maybe you don't like seeing him with other people because you want his attention to yourself?'

Mark is confused 'What do you mean?'

'oh god Mark, are you really that stupid? You're such an oblivious walnut! Have you still not realized that you sound like you have a crush on him?'

'you think that I like him?'

'Well you have to admit it's the best most logical explination for your weird behavior. What else could be the reason for you suddenly turning into a homophobe? I'm sure it was jealousy all along. I mean you never had a problem with same couples and from what you told me you seemed to only be so upset because all this revolves around Jinyoung. And when you catched him with that one guy you felt bad because it was JINYOUNG and a guy, not just because it were two guys.'

'hmm, but I always thought I'm straight'

'everyone can be mistaken, maybe you're bi and just didn't have a crush on a boy yet and that's why you never noticed it? In the end it doesn't matter, if you're in love you're in love, who cares about your uality anyway' she chuckles.

Suddenly everything seems clearer, Mark is still a little caught of by the fact that he might not be as straight as he thought but Tammy's version of the story really seems to fit and he has to admit his feelings towards Jinyoung were always special. Which straight person even watches their same gender best friend for minutes and gets a faster heartbeat when he smiles at them?!

When he thinks of everything he felt the last two months he's sure that she's right. He really, really likes Jinyoung. But because he didn't expect himself to fall in love with another guy he probably never considered the option of him being jealous.

'But what do I do now? I can't just confess right away can I? and also who knows how he'll react, what if he doesn't share this feelings' Mark says nervously.

'No need to worry, I'm absolutely sure this isn't one sided. His reaction to your behavior says it all, it even seems like he wants you to be jealous. The more you tried to reassure him you wouldn't mind who he sleeps with, the more he got upset. And the thing with your friendship with benefits situation, why would he bring that up if he wouldn't like you?'

 

'I thought he was mad with me for being an '

'ughhh, Mark, you're really so clueless, I bet that he reciprocates your feelings!

'thanks for believing in me but PLEASE don't push up my hopes too much, I don't want to get up my hopes too high when I JUST started to understand that I like this guy. Let's just move on from that topic, I need to clean my mind'

Mark is happy that he isn't a homophobe and needs therapy, he feels so relieved but on the other side he's worried about how Jinyoung will react when he confesses. Right now he's just happy his sister picked up the actual problem and tried to get it through him beside him being an oblivious walnut.

The next few days are mostly him trying to wrap his head around everything. He's scared of messing up Jinyoungs and his friendship and losing him, but he's even more scared to let this pass without saying anything and then having to watch how Jinyoung gets a boyfriend. He can't let this happen, he can't deal with Jinyoung being with other guys and if he would have to see him all lovey dovey with another guy all the time Mark would probably have to end the contact with him before he freaks out.

Finally the day comes where Mark wants to confess to Jinyoung. The younger just had a football match a few minutes ago when Mark comes to him and and takes the blackhaireds hand to pull him behind.

He pushes the clueless male on a bench and sits down beside him.

Just now where he sits so closely to him and has more time to look at Jinyoung he notices how beautiful the other is. His pupils are two black but shining orbses, decorated by cute wrinkles next to his eyes. His skin is pale and soft, even a little bit softer than his fluffy hair, and in addition he has a cute nose. Mark also really likes Jinyoungs thick eyebrows, his small ears and the way his cheeks always shimmer light red. The facial feature that he probably likes the most is his mouth, these cute full and pouty lips which are always bright red and have the most beautiful form ever. There's only one thing which is better and that is when exactly those lips turn into a bright smile, exposing two adorable dimples. 

Mark almost totally gets lost in the sight in front of him and has to remember himself he actually wanted to tell his best friend something.

'Jinyoungie... I just wanted to say sorry because I was so jealous, I really acted like a .' 

Jinyoung laughes 'But Mark, you don't have to be jealous. It isn't like you would have any trouble finding people to sleep with. Don't you think being jealous is a little bit inappropriate?'

'I don't think you get what I mean. I'm not jealous because your life is more active than mine and also I didn't act so intolerant because I'm homophobic. The reason why I don't like seeing you with other boys is... it's that I like you' he his lips nervously as he waits for his best friends reaction.

Now where he sees how nervous the other is Jinyoung realizes Mark is serious and his eyes turn wide while his cheeks get slightly pink. 'Y-you  mean like like? you have a crush on me?'

Mark nods.

'oh my god' Jinyoung blushes even more and his eyes turn into little moons as he tries to hide his enormous smile behind his hands.

'It took me quite a long time to figure it out but I really do like you, all the times I acted rude were only because seeing you with those boys made me feel crappy, it didn't look right. I wanted to be in their place.' Mark shyly admits. 'Actually I mistook my feeling as homophobia first, I know it sounds stupid but I felt like thinking I would be an intolerant .'

'I didn't expect you to be the jealous type' Jinyoung says between giggles and Mark watches his friend laughing really hard with adoring eyes.

'You're beautiful'

Jinyoung looks surprised and kind of shocked but then his lips form into a pout and he playfully slaps Marks shoulder, 'You stupid stupid oblivious straight guy' he mumbles quietly but still loud enough for Mark to hear who hardly tries to not be affected by Jinyoungs cuteness.

'So... what do you say... I mean to me having a crush on you' Mark asks awkwardly while playing with the sleeves of his sweather and looking to the ground.

Jinyoung smiles 'Finally, after all these years... You know, when I told you I was gay that was actually a clue for you that I like you and all these times we flirted I wasn't just pretending. Of course I never hoped for it to go any further, I mean I thought you're straight the whole time.... I really tried to get over you but that wasn't easy at all, it was freakin hard and in the end it still didn't really work.'

Mark listens to him attentively the whole time and when Jinyoung finishes a bright grin appears on his face.

'So I guess we've both been really stupid, mostly me' he says with an apologetic look on his face. Both their faces flush and they end up laughing a lot out of nervous and awkwardness, 

Mark has never seen Jinyoung like that before since he's usually pretty confident but he thinks this new side of him is kind of cute.

'Can I try something out?' he asks innocently and Jinyoung allows him to. He cups the youngers face with his hands and slowly leans forward, their breaths already ghosting over each others lips. 

'I will kiss you now okay?' he utters and Jinyoung nods shyly. Mark knows the other has done this several times, he probably isn't even a anymore and Mark also had a few experiences. But somehow they are both nervous as if this would be their first kiss.

When Mark lays his lips on Jinyoungs, everything in his mind is a blur. His stomach feels extremely tingly and Mark thinks he finally knows what butterflies in the stomach mean, the place where Jinyoung puts his hands around Marks neck his skin feels like it's on fire and he lets his hands wander around Jinyoungs waist, holding him firmly as if he's some kind of precious treasure. As Jinyoung escapes a small kitten moan which rather sounds like a mewl Mark uses the chance to slip his tongue into Jinyoungs mouth and all he tastes is pure sweetness as if Jinyoung ate candy five minutes ago. Mark feels like he's on cloud nine, knowing that what he's doing right now is exactly what he wants and he can't wish for anything more. Nothing and nobody can make him as happy as Jinyoung does, he thinks. Being this close to him feels like heaven.

Turns out that he doesn't have a problem with Jinyoung kissing guys as long as it's him he's kissing.

~

okay this was harder to write than I expected but I hope you like it anyway

I'm happy about every comment you leave, as long as you're polite I would also be very happy about critic and things that I could do better!

If you want a sequel, tell me