Healthy

Reading your lips

YongGuk looked at Eunji sit on the table. Her hand was shaking to take the meat and he just put a piece on her plate. She looked at him and thanked him. It's been one week he's here and Eunji still felt weak. Her dad had left for his work after Hana pushed him in the car telling that she'll be taking care of his daughter. His twin went back to the city of Busan with JiHyun enjoying the perks of dating here. And his sister went back to Seoul for her tatoo artist job. So there was only him, Eunji and his mom in the big house.

 

Excuse me.” Eunji said before going away. YongGuk sighed, he got used to her moody behavior, he knew that if she wants to be alone it's to calm herself so she doesn't get upset at them.

 

You're not going after her ?” His mom asked gently.

 

Mom, she wants to be alone. I'll be seeing her after dinner.”

 

He helped with the dishes and went to her room. He frowned his eyebrows as he found the bed empty. He checked the bathroom, and all the others rooms of the first lever, without succes. He didn't see her. After a while, he went to the garden and walked a little bit. “Why can't I find her ?”

 

Then he looked the house and the bathroom window at the last floor, it was Eunji floor. He sighed, she didn't notice him. He waved his hands and she widened her eyes. She froze for a minute as she looked at him. Obviously she would have been spotted. But once she got in there, she got lost in time.

 

Stay here. I'm coming.” He signed, he looked at her look away from the window and ran to the house and in the stairs. Once arrived upstairs, he was a little breathless and looked at Eunji on the bed.

 

Eunji why did you come upstairs ? Are you stupid ? Do you think you are in a state you can climb 5 different stairs ?”

 

She shrugged. “I was able to go up without falling in the stairs okay.”

 

But you could have fall. You promised to your dad that you wouldn't go up. You don't respect your promise !!” YongGuk signed, in an angry manner.

 

YongGuk looked at her, all anger left her body. “Yes. I'm a liar. It's been two weeks,  I'm still dizzy and nauseous and it's not fair for him. I promised him. You should be enjoying your freedom and you're stuck with me here and I'm moody and sick as !!!!.”

 

He looked at her not speaking anymore and widened his eyes. She was crying. A sigh left his lips as he walked to her. Hugging her frame, he comforted her.

 

You're not a failure. You're a excellent student. A nice girl, an amazing cooker you have great qualities. So what if you're sick ? Your parents are just worried.”

 

I want all of you to stop worrying for me. ” Eunji said blushing. YongGuk came to hug her and she felt her body relax itself. He  made her promise she wouldnt try to go down and covered her with her blanket. As he got down, he found  his mom was drinking a glass of wine alone.Mom ?”

 

Gukkie ! So is she okay ?”

 

He sat in front of her. “She is sleeping really tigh. She just pressured herself so much to be healthy. I feel useless. ”

 

Hana sighed and patted his shoulder. “Be brave and patient.”

 

YongGuk nodded. “ I only have one wish, That she feels better and start back to be the little ball of energy she usually is. ”

 

His mom suddenly clapped her hands.  “What if tomorrow we'll go to Busan, I heard she knows the city she can make us visit and she loves riding cars. I'll pray for her at the temple, it could be fun for Eunji.”

*

 

Eunji  grabbed YongGuk hand and they entered the car of his mom. Eunji looked outside and put her hand outside, loving the colours, the scenery in front of her. Once they arrived in the biggest city, Hana leads them to a buddha temple and the priest spoke to her a little, giving her an amulet, while Eunji and YongGuk were visiting and looking around.

 

Once they were done, they ate at a crowded restaurant, Busan being a summer destination, in summer it was always hot and crowded with tourists. The afternoon, Eunji looked still in good shape and she grabbed the hand of both of them, of Hana and YongGuk, walking between them.

 

What about going to the sea, we're in Busan, so we should enjoy the sea it's summer.”

 

She leads the way to the subway and , soon her dizziness reached a pick. YongGuk noticed how she squeezed his hand and he leads her to a place so she can rest. "Should we just go back home ?" YongGuk asked her, getting worried over her paleness. She gave him a stare and he giggled. "Okay, let's just eat something."

They took this time to drink coffee at a café with a piece of cake. Eunji felt the diziness lessen and soon felt better as she finished her iced coffee. From the café, the beach could be seen. When they exited the building, YongGuk gasped as Eunji hand slipped away from his : She was running to the beach in her cute peachy dress. She removed her shoes and let her feets get wet. YongGuk came and poked her waist. She turned herself and looked at him being alone.

 

Where is Hana ?” She asked looking around, not spotting her.

 

She wanted us to have some time alone. So we have to meet her around 5 at the mall.” YongGuk said blushing. Eunji nodded and grabbed his hand.

 

So let's enjoy it.”

 

They walked on the beach,  the weather was nice. The mood was nice and it seemed like Eunji wasn't that dizzy anymore. They shared an ice cream, trying to stay decent and not share an unappropriate amount of kisses in public. Even if YongGuk learned not to care about people eyes on them. As he was to grabb tissues for Eunji and him, he frowned seeing   a boy sit next to Eunji.

 

Hey, are you from busan ?” The young man asked to Eunji.

 

Eunji looked at him dumbfounded. “Oh you're the shy type. I like it.” He commented.

YongGuk chose this perfect moment to arrive to her side and wipe carefully. Giving a look to the guy, he had a chuckle seeing him stand up and leave.

 

So what ? Young busan boys are hitting on you ?” He .

 

Apparently. But with the accent, I can't understand nothing. And it's been years that I come here for vacation.”

 

YongGuk laughed. “So you never hooked up with cute busan guys ?”

 

She shook her head. “From what I remember, the accent is cute tho.”

 

He pinched her cheek and they kept walking. Soon, Eunji stopped the walk. “YongGuk, what time is it ?”

 

Taking his phone, he realized that soon it will be time to find back his mom and they walked towards the shopping mall. In the car, Hana asked them about their day and soon looked at Eunji fall asleep on the window.  “How can she fall asleep right now ?”  She whispered, amused by this sweet sleeping beauty.

 

I guess she loses energdy faster ?”

 

Do you think she liked today?” His mom asked, curious. Herself had a great time, the shoppings bags next to Eunji being the proof of it.

 

YongGuk nodded. “Of course she did. We had a great time.”

 

At love hotel ?”

 

He almost threw up. “Mom !!” He blushed and hated how his mom was laughing. Eunji was sleeping but still ! “We just walked around the beath and had ice cream.”

 

Okay sorry my son, but it's so funny to tease you. Eunji is so right about this.” He narrowed his eyes looking at his mom drive and sighed. He gave a look to Eunji in the backseat, still sleeping peacefully. They arrived home,the weather was now rainy. YongGuk quickly opened Eunji door and lifted her outside of the car. She only woke up feeling the drops of water on her. “Rain.”

 

 YongGuk  let her on the floor and he looked at her open the door of her house and enter it. “I think I'm heading to bed. I'm really tired.”

 

Hana nodded. “Sleep tigh Eunji.”

 

The young girl smiled, gifting her mother in law with the most adorable sleepy smile.

 

*

 

 Finishing showering, he wished good night to his mom and slipped in the blanket next to Eunji. He was alone comptempling the rain outside. As the thunder started he gasped and went to close the window and the curtains. Soon, Eunji woke up. “Is something wrong ?You're hugging me too tighly.”

 

She the lamp and looked at his awkward face. “What's happening ?”

 

As another thunder was heard, he winced. Eunji was now staring at him. He pointed to the window and she considered it for few seconds finally seeing the thunder though the thin curtain“Thunder.”

 

She smiled warmly and came to hug him in the bed. She giggled seeing how he glued himself to her. She ran a hand in his hair and kissed his forehead. “Do you feel better ?”

 

As he heard another thund, he stiffened. She sighed. “Should I sing something ?”

 

He looked at her picked with interest, yet too shy to say yes.

“You told me your brother would sing for you.”  She softly said.

 

Only if you want too.” YongGuk said. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. It would be a lie to say that he didn't hear Eunji sing since high school. Sometimes, she would be into music and sing along those songs she still knows by heart. He was never in the room when she sang. He never commented on those rare singing episodes.

 

She started sing mama mia. YongGuk giggled and just listened to her singing this upbeat song. She used to be a really big fan of the movie. And she still knew the song by heart. Her broken english melted his heart and her cute singing voice made himself relax. YongGuk felt more at ease when she ended the song. Eunji curled up against him and huged him like she would hug a plushie.

 

YongGut started to concentrate on her fingers running on his back and would not even gasp when he heard the thunger, concentrating on the sensation of her fingers brushing his skin.

 

He woke up next morning and looked at Eunji still sleeping. He had one of the best sleep of his live considering there was thunder. He kissed Eunji cheek and without wanting it, it woke her up. He looked at her stir from her sleep and she smiled seeing him.

 

It was still raining but not loudly. The type of rain you love to see falling on the city when you wake up. Eunji rolled on his body and kissed him lazily, alterning sloppy kisses and pecks on his face and neck. As he was suddenly letting himself lose it to pleasure, he roamed his hands on her body, happy that she initiate that this morning.  Brushing her fingers on it and just starting to kiss his torso, Eunji stopped suddenly and looked at YongGuk with uneasy eyes.;

 

What's wrong you want to stop ? You feel too dizzy ?”  He signed, getting his hand on her forehead.

 

She blushed and pointed to the door. He understood her concern seeing her embarassed face. He kissed her ear earning a groan from her. “Nevermind, it's 4AM. She's still sleeping soundly.”

 

Eunji looked at him and pursed her lips. “Then lock the door.” She signed.

 

Yongguk executed himself and came back on the bed. Euji had used this opportuny to remove her dress pajamas, and he ran to her side. He looked at Eunji smile to him and came hovering her body.

 

They did it slowly and enjoying each moment of it. 4 months being away and her sickness, both of them were eager to discover back the body of the other.

 

Once they were calming resting under the bedsheets, YongGuk looked at the skinny frame of Eunji. He fingers were signing on his skin, getting him relaxed enough to sleep. He woke up hearing some noise outside. A hong of car. Eunji was quietly reading on the bed, he roamed his hands around her waist and she closed the book he bought for her with a smile.

 

They chitchatted about everything and nothing and Eunji suddenly realized something. YongGuk will be back to school with her in two months. “Excited to go back to school ?”

 

He smircked. “Excited to spend my all day chasing you. I'm gonna eat with you. And go to the library with you. Take coffee and break with you. Come with you to classes when I'm free. We're going to be the perfect Campus Couple.”

 

Gosh. Okay. Everyone thinks you're a thug. That's so not gonna happen.”

 

 

YongGuk blushed, thinking of how he missed her. At first, the thought of leaving her alone at university felt overwhelming. He trusted Eunji but he did notice the attention she gets from boys. Starting from next semester, they will find back each other as study buddy.

Eunji had forgotten how nice it was to sleep with YongGuk. Shirtless, his soft body was brushing hers in the sweetest way. She ran a hand on his arm and shoulder, studying with attention the slight muscles popping.

 

“So do you feel better ?”

She looked at him, in confusion. She moved around her head and suddenly smiled. 

'' I ... Yeah I forgot about it. I am still a little bit dizzy but it looks like the crisis is almost over.Like the rain I think.”

 

YongGuk squeezed her body in his arms making her gasp. “Good. I'm so happy you're feeling better.”

 

How much happy ?”

 

“This happy.” He signed, in a teasing manner. He grinned and stood up, he lifted her and made her cross her legs around him, they kissed longly.

 

He set her foots on the floor and brought her to his chest. As he started to move, Eunji understood he was dancing with his poor skills. She laughed and soon they were both becoming crazy about this.

 

As he opened the door, she went to the kitchen slowly and Eunji enjoyed how she felt better, no stumbling and no diziness while walking. She went to the kitchen and started to cook for YongGuk and his Mom. She poured her heart into it, hoping they would love it. As she finished, YongGuk went out of his bath and locked his arms aroung her waist. Hey you cooked ?”

 

Yeah. I feel so good.”

 

I missed your food.” She smiled and they shared a quick kiss. Eunji hated how YongGuk always worry too much about her and now he seemed so glad that she was feeling better. She hugged him and kissed his neck. Soon, YongGuk was hugging her from behing and kissing her ears, earning groans from Eunji. “You're impossible.”

 

As Hana saw them, she cleared , looking at them being lovey-dovey.  Hi guys.”

 

YongGuk saw her and blushed. “MOM!!" He removed his hands from Eunji and looked at his Mom laugh.

 

Eunji saw her and giggled a little bit embarassed. “I cooked, I hope you're hungry ?”

 

Eunji took care of her invitees like a good chief and felt embarrassed as both of them kept complementing her food.  It's a shame Dad is not here. He would be so happy to eat with us today.”

 

She smiled before taking a picture, planning to send it to her dad. YongGuk misunderstood her sentence. Then, he get it. He would be happy that she is good enough to cook.

 

*

 

When the night came after dinner, they went on a ballad around the house. “YongGuk, let's go to my room.”

He looked at her and pointed to his cheek. She giggled a bit and crashed a peck on his cheek, as he was asking.

Your room ?” He looked at the room at the first floor and looked at her shake her head and points to the ceiling.

 

My real room. I'm fine now, please.”

 

They  walked up the 5 different stairs of the house, arriving in her room, he looked at her instantly smile. She set herself free of his hand and looked at her things spread on the floor. She lied on her bed and looked across the window. She checked her bathroom and sat in the bathtub staring at the view. YongGuk sat in front of her and she smiled to him.

 

I like this room. I's been years  I come here . I still love being there and stare at the view. I missed this while being downstairs.”

 

You could have hurt yourself in the stairs when you were dizzy.” YongGuk stated. He kissed her forehead, happy that yesterday night she didn't fell in the stairs.

 

She looked at him with pursed lips. “It ...  already happened. A few years  ago, I got a crisis, I stumbled in the stairs and rolled down the stairs until 2nd floor.”

 

WHAT ????” YongGuk screamed. She shrugged. “Dad wanted to sell the house. He couldn't comprehend how that the house he bought for me the first year I became deaf almost killed me.”

 

But. Why didn't he sell it ? It doesn't look like your dad.” YongGuk signed. Her father takes extra care of Eunji; in every way. He tries not to be overprotective but YongGuk can still feel in the way her dad looks at her that he worries way too much about her.

 

I begged of him. I feel at peace here. It's dumb but I feel really peaceful in this bathtub.  I have only good memories in this house.”

 

The young man scoffed at this sentence. You almost killed yourself in the stairs.”

 

But I didn't !! Except that, I really have meaningful memories here, Daehyun became my bestfriend, I learned to swin here.”

 

And I came here too remember ? You know you invited me over for the spring break?”

 

She stared at his features and sighed deeply looking at the ring on his finger.Eunji slowly nodded, kissing his hands.  “I did yeah. And I did good.”

 



Campus Couple is a korean concept, it basically means dating someoone of your campus. I would love to be a Campus Couple with someone  next year hi hi ~~

Wish you a good holiday !