Angry

Reading your lips

D-5 before YongGuk going back to army

 

YongGuk still had his question in mind. Why does she keep her earphone and hearinga aids in her jewelry box ? Seeing how she cried because of his very own father, he couldn't help but feel bad. He sighed seeing his bag on the floor. He doesn't want to leave her at all. In five days.

As he went to pick her from her class, for a date , he was waiting for her outside of her class, quite stressed over her reaction. As he heard that the class was dismissed, he saw Eunji leave in a hurry. He stood up in front of her and she fell litterally in his arms. She widened her eyes and looked at him.

What are you doing here ?”

I thought I would surprise you.” He signed, looking at her take a step back. He looked at her shaking eyes. She looked behing her and smiled nervously at him. “So let's go.”

 

As they were walking in  the hall; YongGuk heard someone shout. “Deafie, you're already leaving ?” Not liking at all the tone the guy used, YongGuk turned around. Eunji noticed he stopped to walk and she bite her lips turning around. She grabbed his shoulder. “Let's just go.”

 

YongGuk considered her uneasiness and signed : “Eunji what happened ?”

 

What do we have here ? Another deafie ? Am I talking slowly enough ?” The guy said getting closer to them. YongGuk did not reply and looked at Eunji signing.Let's just leave.”

 

Ohhh, so you only speak to slow people like you. This one doesn't even talk.”

 

YongGuk hearing that, felt all his anger boil in his veins. She shook her head and holding his hand, she started to walk away. YongGuk followed her diligently until the guy made her turn around by grabbing her wrist, and seeing her body fall completely on this guy made all his patience leave.

 

Are you hitting on me Deafie ?” The guy said, looking at Eunji stand up in a  hurry. As she understood what he said, she scoffed. “You wish I did Wonho.”

 

YongGuk lifted her, helping her to stand up again. The guy was absolutely shocked by her words and had a nervous laugh.Whaouh what's that ? Is that your boyfriend, Deafie ?”

 

YongGuk looked at Eunji throw her bag on the guy. “I contained myself you know. But I have limits.” She pushed him on the floor and the guy gasped. “What ? Surprised that a retarded like me can send you to the floor ?”

 

He stood up and she gave him an angry look. “Stop bothering me. And Vianna. You're like a ing vicious person.We're not retarded. And we don't want to end up in your bed. Even if you was the last man alive on earth so stop bothering us.”

YongGuk looked at her face becoming red of anger and the guy just laughed this off. Hmm right the exact world is deafie. You're a deafie.”

 

YongGuk hissed hearing the condescending tone of the guy. Seeing how Eunji was angry, YongGuk stepped in. “You stop calling her Deafie and using this tone with her.”

The guy froze for a bit before asking rudely : . “So what, your boyfriend hears very well.”

 

Eunji hated the look he gave to YongGuk. “Why is he going out with you then deafie.”

 

YongGuk looked at Eunji slap the guy hard. The people that gathered aroung them gasped in surprise. The guy placed his hand on his cheek and considered her hateful glare.  She grabbed YongGuk hand :

 

Let's just leave. God made me the gift to preserve my ears from his voice, let's get him out of my view.”

He nodded and as Eunji  started to turn around, the guy walked back to her and he simply pushed Wonho away from Eunji and made his back rest unconfortably in a wall. He whispered some sentences to the guy and Eunji looked at Wonho nodd, losing his smile. As YongGuk removed his hand, the guy fell on the floor and quickly disappear from the place.

She wasn't very shocked. YongGuk had a deep voice and can look very scary when he wants to. He grabbed her hand and she suddenly giggled. "First time in ages I see you get angry."

He blushed, fact that Eunji found adorable and cleared his throat. As he struggled to express himself clearly, starting to signs symbols and stopping, Eunji laughed. As she calmed herself, he went to pick her bag from the floor, putting back the few things that were in there. Coming back to her, he finally found something appropriate to say.

"I, just Maybe, well. Well, I do not have any self control when it comes to you. I won't accept anyone bothering you Eunji." YongGuk signed, sincere. She mouthed a 'thanks you', with an half smile.

*

They reached their flat, Eunji ran to the bed and curled up in it.He sighed and went out of the room, planning to sleep on the couch. He heard Eunji mumble and entered back the room. She patted the space next to her and he gladly came to lie next  to her.

"Cuddle time. You're the reason I still have faith in humanity YongGuk, really." She said twisting his hair in her fingers, wanting to mess around with his growing hair.

He pecked her forehead. " Do you want to talk about it ?"

 

When I see him, I remember why I used to hate hearing people.Also I didn't like how he looked at you.” Eunji started to say.

 

Huh ?”

 

Eunji touched her ears before adding. “ The way he looked at you as if you were crazy to date a retarded like me. His eyes. He judged you.  As if I didn't deserve you. The worst is that sometimes your father looks at us like this ... when it's not YongJoon.”

 

YongGuk pursed his lips. “So what you believe this ? That you don't deserve me ? That you're retarded.”

 

He got shocked seeing Eunji shrugg. “I don't know anymore."

He looked at her rest her head on the pillow and do a feotal position. He came to peck her forehead lightly before signing.Eunji I understand it's not easy to see people judge you like that. I may not realize how it makes you sad, how it affects you, I'm not pretending I understand you on that side. I don't feel the world like you do. I somehow get that you understand more than me with only eyes, you are really observative... But you have to understand one thing.”

 

One thing ?” Eunji said, getting curious of what hewas saying. YongGuk nodded with a smile.

 

They don't know you. They are the retarded ones if they think I'm crazy to date you. It's not because some amount of people thinks the same that they are right. I could not dream of a better girlfriend. We're good okay. I'll talk to my dad and brother. They have to understand it's my decision, nothing crazy, just ... common sense. You make me happy okay.”

 

She wiped a tear and looked at YongGuk. He was confident about what he was saying.

 

We're good ?”

 

We're good.” As she kissed his cheek softly, he hugged her.YongGuk was reminded of what he was curious about and decided to ask his question; he grabbed her jewelry box and put it on her lap.

 

Eunji, I looked inside. To get your finger size. Would you explain to me why you have a hearing device and a hearing aids in here ? Are you unhappy being deaf ? Are you nostalgic of hearing ?”

 

She opened slowly the jewelry box and took her earphone in her hands, and tried to put it on.

When I was little star, I was having generic ones until my dad made those for me, with pink glitters and my initials. I felt like I could sing even better, because my dad gave them to me. I kept them here, because it hurted me to throw it away, when I think my dad went to personnalize one for me. It's the memory of my caring dad.”

YongGuk nodded and looked at her hands running on it. “So what about the hearing aids ? Your dad gave it to you too ?”

 

Eunji looked at him with curious eyes. "Gosh YongGuk. Are you really asking me this question ?" 

YongGuk looked at her insisting glare and shrugged. "Yeah I have no idea."

Eunji lost her smile and put the hearing aids in his hands before closing back his hand on it. “You better found out why I keep that here quickly.”

 

YongGuk nodded slowly and turned it around in his hands. He looked at Eunji cooking and admired her profile, she looked slightly vexed he was dumbfounded. She refused to him every kiss he initiate for the good reason he couldn't remember.

He couldn't figure out why. They ate, Eunji teasing him about his memory loss and soon Eunji was reading her notes from class on bed, before sleep and YongGuk was still searching for an answer.

 

Suddenly, he gasped.

 

Of course !

 

He closed Eunji notebook and grinned. . “I found out why.”

 

Oh really ? Surprise me.” Eunji said, crossing her arms on her chest.He grabbed her hand and gave back the item to Eunji.

 

Because that's how we first talked to each other. I gave it back to you.” YongGuk signed with a big smile. It was a few years ago now, when they were still teenagers.

Eunji poked his arms. "Finally !!!!" She clapped in her hands and he was kind of embarassed to have took so long to remember. She gave him a "I'll keep my eyes on you" look and said with a gentle voice :

When I found it in my drawer full of useless stuffs, I remember of our time together in high school, of the first day I arrived. I mean, I was kind of nostalgic and decided to store it in my jewelry box. I'm so thanksful to that hearing aids, because you were shy and would maybe haver talked to me either way. It made you approach me... and I'm thanksful for that.”

The young man pecked her lips, reminding himself of the scene.

"Remember how you took steps away from me after we bumped in each others ?" Eunji .

"Yah, you thought I was a ganster. You asked me if I was going to tell everyone else with those afraid eyes." YongGuk signed, making Eunji frown.

"You  kind of look like a ganster. When people don't know you, you look quite cold. I mean look at how you scared Wonho. What did you tell him ?"She asked curious to know if her gentleman boyfriend used bad words for example. He never does so, but maybe when he's angry, it might be another story.

She looked at him shrugg.

"I don't remember exactly. Enough so he leaves you alone" He said, not getting to the point. He basically told the guy to " off" and that he was a "crazy bastard" to think that he can bully girls like that especially his fiancée... among other less nicier things.

Eunji looked at him and knew perfectly he lied yet she smiled. "Okay. So he won't approach me again ?"

YongGuk laughed. "No. I don't think so, or else he's really crazy."

Eunji nodded and kissed his lips before giving him an adorable smile. He ruffled her hair before detangling it softly and soon they were in the arms of each others ready to sleep.


Fluffy chapter for you guys ~~

Thanks for the love you're all giving to this fic !