In love

Reading your lips

She left the school officially, she never came back after this spring break. He wanted to say that this didn't affect him, but it did. Eunji had became a part of his daily life, and all of the sudden she disappeared as brutaly as she arrived. He remembers the first time he saw her in that classroom, the first cold greeting, their first conversation, the first meal together and all the other ones.

He's going to miss having her next to him in class, holding her hand in break,  stealing pecks in empty halls and going back home together. This was always his favorite part of the day. Simply because this hour of the day around 5 or 6PM, when the sunset ends and natural light disappears to let artificial ones shine is his favorite. He loves the feeling of spending his favorite time of the day with the person he cherishes the most.

 

That's why he is there today. One week after they last saw each others. He had exams and had to study hard for them, after realizing he was a litte behind because of his worries for Eunji. And Eunji was busy too. She went back  in her former school, and had to catch back a lot of things in such a short amount of time.

Today it was saturday. YongGuk exams period was officialy over and Eunji decided to take a break in studying so they could see each others. It was 1PM when YongGuk arrived in front of her door.

There was a lot of noise, like people arguing.Yongguk knocked at the door and the voices stopped themselves. Kim Soo Hyu opened the door. He bowed politely and she looked at him smile in silence. The father arrived shortly.

 

« Eunji is up there. »Yo Han said with a forced smile. YongGuk felt bad about interupting them in that argument so he quickly bowed and got upstairs. He arrived in front of her door and opened it slowly. No one was there.

 

“Oh you're already here ?” A voice said in surprise.

 

He returned himself and had the shock of his life. Long gone were Eunji medium hair and bang. She had cut them around her ears and separating her hair in the middle, letting him see her forehead by pinning her bang away from her face. She looked even cuter with this haircut. YongGuk touched the cute bow pin in her hair, while looking at her forehead.

 

“You look beautiful.”

 

Eunji smiled. “Thanks you. Are you happy to meet my forehead ?”

 

He nodded eagerly, still staring at it. Eunji sighed, with a slight blush. “ Okay, now stop being a creep and stop staring at it. It makes me feel uneasy.”

 

YongGuk nodded and let her dragg him to her room. "How are you doing today ?" He signed, making her smile for a second

 

« You saw them. They are having an argument just right now.  They kept silent because you were in the hall.» Eunji said, making YongGuk realize that she was aware of the argument. She made him fall on the bed and closed her eyes.

 

YongGuk kissed her, enough to make her forget about the argument, yet himself could hear everything.

 

« She's losing an opportunity. This hearing aids will change her life !!! » The mother was saying.

 

« She doesn't want it. She didn't even want the granny hearing aids. » Yo Han was arguing, upset.

 

He felt bad hearing that and sighed. Eunji looked at him afraid. « Are they still arguing ? »

 

YongGuk looked at her worried about the fact that her parents are arguing over her and he had two options. Lie to her and fail miserably or tell her the truth. He nodded and she sighed. « It seems really serious. »

 

« What 's happening ? »

 

She shrugged. « Dad had to tell her yet about … the news. He didn't because she was busy and he was waiting for a good time but she learned that I got back into my former school by a common friend and is very angry. She's there even if she has practice and rehearsals so it's really serious.»

 

He nodded." It will be okay, don't worry."

Eunji shrugged. "They had trouble to have children you know. I was an eargerly expected child, and I'm turning deaf. Sometimes, I thanks God that I can't hear their argument, I'm too afraid they will actually get divorce because of me."

YongGuk frowned hearing that. Eunji pinched his cheek, seeing his sad face.  " You little innocent child, it happens very often. But let's stop talking about this and practice, okay ?" 

YongGuk tried to have a conversation with her in sign langague, with Eunji answering him in sigh languague too. Eunji giggled seeing his large hands moving around to form the signs. She looked at his gorgeous hands moving, not trying to get what they were saying. She suddenly grabbed them.

"Pretty." She said, confusing YongGuk. He gave her a questionning look and she laughed.

"You have pretty hands, with long and thin fingers. That's an attractive things for the deaf community, I mean also for hearing people, but even more for us. It's charming when someone with such hands signs. But it's distracting, and even more with the fact that you're slow."

YongGuk laughed, embarassed to hear that. "Thanks ? Sorry ?" He signed, making Eunji laugh. He butterflied kissed her and she giggled seeing that he wasn't stopping. YongGuk was laughing, when he heard loud shourts and ugly sobbs. Sensing his mood shift, Eunji asked him what's wrong.

 

He blushed. « Oh, they are making a lot of noises. »

 

She nodded. « Okay. Gosh, that's really awkward. »

 

YongGuk kissed her forehead. Eunji played with his fingers a little bit more,hesitating to ask him something . « YongGuk … Isn't it tiring to hear all the time ? »

 

He looked at her in disbelief, he never asked himself this question. Seeing his reaction, Eunji blushed. « Gosh, I'm sorry if that sounded rude. »

 

YongGuk shrugged: « Sometimes.... Gossip and stuffs like that it's tiring, airplanes, mosquitoes, city noises and many others things. Hearing your parents arguing isn't the thing I wanted to hear. »

 

She nodded, now worried. « Are they still ? »

 

He shook his head. They seemed quieter, he sensed that her father was comforting his wife. He must have tell her about the truth. There was no point on ordering a shiny and smart hearing aids. YongGuk looked at her smile and look on her textbook.

 

« Eunji, you seem so much happier without the hearing aids. » He said , after getting her attention by touching her hand that was resting on his neck by habit.

 

She blushed. « Hmm. I still don't know if I want to use it anymore. »

 

He nodded, and kissed her hand that was resting on his neck, feeling his vibrations. « I'm afraid. Hearing is like an addiction. It's hard to go back to the silent word. It's complicated. »

 

The young boy panicked. « I didn't want to pressure you, okay ? »

 

She nodded. « Of course. I'l still thinking over it. I kind of miss hearing your voice. »

 

He chuckled, flustered that Eunji loves this about him. Then, she put on some stuffs on her desk, mail she got from the school, university brochures.

 

« So what do you plan to do next year ? » Eunji asked to YongGuk. He was very hesitant about it each time they talked about that. She guessed that YongGuk needed a big time of reflexion to decide himself

 

He shrugged. « Hmm, medicine. » She looked at him with round eyes, making him repeat himself. She finally catched up the words.

 

« That's amazing!!! You'll be y in whatever uniform anyways. Be it navy or hospital blouse. Did you tell that to your dad ? »

 

He laughed. « Not yet. He really wants to get me in the Navy, with him. »

 

« You don't want to ? »

 

He laughed. « Eunji I'm a daydreamer and slow. What place do I have in the navy ? »

 

She shook her head. He was always saying those things about himself. YongGuk thinks a lot, and surely spends a lot of times alone thinking about life and philosphy. And being slow was a synomin of being weak for YongGuk but for Eunji, it was just his way of being. Nothing wrong with that. She kissed his nose.

 

« Do you have sea sickness by  any chance? » She .

 

He blushed and showed her with his hands that he suffered from it just a little bit.

 

She nodded. Too cute. They spent a few times searching a great university for him, seeing in which one he could be accepted and everything. They had a few laughs together. YongGuk noticed that she didn't say anything about her future.

 

« Eunji, we've spent the afternoon talking about my next year. What about you ? »

 

She shrugged. « I don't know. I want to give back to my community, and also try other things that's also something I need to decide. »

 

« If we … don't end up in the same university, do you think we could still share a flat ? »

 

Eunji nodded eagerly. «I can't wait to live with you. You'll see how noisy I am. »

 

He sighed. « Maybe. But I really miss you. You're not my seatmate anymore. I have to come here to see you and had to wait after exams period to come. »

 

She blushed. « We'll see all of this, okay ? »

 

Suddenly, Eunji laughed. « Do you have another seatmate ? »

 

YongGuk looked away. « Huh. »

 

« Who ? »

 

« Jihyun. » He looked at her laugh. « She often asks me about you, she thought that I had broke your heart. I had to remind her that my name is not YongJoon.  »

 

Eunji chuckled seeing him say that with a slight annoyed tone.

 « Okay. What if we watch my favorite movie ? »

 

He nodded and looked at her search in her room the movie, she showed him the DVD with a proud smile. He laughed seeing her choice. Eunji quickly ran in the kitchen to grab chips and snacks. He looked at her putting it in the DVD player and ran back in his embrace. Soon they were cuddling in bed, watching it with the subtitles, making a mess of her bed with the food. YongGuk looked at the easy laughs of Eunji and loved how happy she looked watching her favorite movie. He didn't think Shrek would be her favourite movie.He ended up hugging her and enjoying each of her smiles and laughs. She was precious and nothing could erase that.

 

« I love you. » He signed. She looked at him and turned her head.

 

« What did you say ? » Eunji signed slowly. He frowned his eyebrows and started back. « I love you. »

 

She blushed. « Do you actually understand what you just signed ? »

 

He laughed. « I fully understand. I love you. »

 

Eunji stood up and searched in her drawers. YongGuk looked at her confused by her rushed behavior. Suddenly, he looked at her put on her hearing aids and sit on his lap. « Could you repeat a last time ? »

 

« I love you. » He said aloud. This was the truth.

 

She looked at him in awe and hugged him. « YongGuk I love you too. »

 

He smiled and wiped her tears. « Don't cry this way darling. »

 

« You love me, and I heard you say it. » She hugged him and he kissed her neck. Telling her silly things. Talking so much that he was thirsty. Suddenly she stopped him, by covering his mouth with her hand. His voice was nice, yet she got used to feeling his vibrations and looking at him sign with his gorgeous hands. His voice was nice sure, but so was everything elso about him.

 

« Thanks." Eunji said removing her hearing aids. Now she knows. She doesn't need that anymore to be happy. She just needs this 1 meter 80 centimers young man with his wide smile and crazy laugh-cough.

 

« For what ? »

 

« Talking this much. You were a mute little boy. » She revealed, pinching his cheek fondly.

 

He laughed at the reminder and ruffled her hair fondly. “You're welcome, Eunji.”

 

 

 


Gosh, this chapter was long to edit. I wanted to end on a positive thing. Suffering from hearing loss is sure a sad thing, yet it doesn't mean you'll be unhappy your whole life.

I talked about YongGuk fingers in this chapter. Gosh, he had pretty hands. Very manly. But that doesn't mean every man should have such hands. Have you seen Park Jimin's hands ? They are so tiny and cute. It's the cutest thing ever !!

Concerning Yongguk laugh, it's real guys. YongGuk kind of have this laugh that sometimes ends up being a cough. It's weird but so adorable. I'm so proud of him and stanning him is a good thing, he brings light to this world !!

 

Next chapter will be two years after this one =)