Chapter 4

Love you just the way you are

"Urgh! Why does Math have to be so hard?" Yoojin groaned, scratching her head in frustration. It was 12.00am -- she was supposed to have slept one and a half hours ago but she was not even halfway done yet.

"Sorry, Yoo Jin. We shouldn't have asked you to watch the talent show. If not, you wouldn't have to stay up late," Youngjae apologised on behalf of his friends.

"It's alright. It can't be helped," she replied, a sigh escaping from her lips. She smiled affectionately at her dolls. She couldn't be mad at them when they were being so sweet to her. She then turned her attention back to her homework.

Out of the blue, thoughts of the moment when Jinyoung gave her the rose floated to her mind. She sighed dreamily. How romantic it was...

"Focus on your work, Yoo Jin," she scolded herself. She looked at the question she was stuck at once more before skipping to the next question.

An hour later, her eyelids were drooping but she was not done yet.

"I think you should go to sleep now. You looked really tired," Jinyoung said, his brown eyes filled with concern. Yoo Jin shook her head.

"I have to finish this. Otherwise my teacher would kill me," she answered as she continued scribbling. A while later, soft snores could be heard from her lips. Hearing her snores, Jinyoung and the others looked at her sleeping figure.

"Aish. I already told you to sleep already but you just don't listen," Jinyoung smiled, shaking his head. He then turned to face the others.

"Come on. Let's go get her a blanket," he said. His friends did not need to be told twice. Jackson and Youngjae went to her bed to get her blanket while Jinyoung and Jaebum stayed at the desk so that they could grabbed the blanket when the other four tossed it.

"Here you go!" Youngjae said, as he and Jackson threw the blanket towards the other three who caught it. The two who caught the blanket then put the blanket over Yoo Jin's body.

"Goodnight, Yoojin," Jinyoung whispered, her long, silky hair before snuggling next to her along with Jaebum. The two who were on the bed went to snuggle with her as well. A moment later, everyone drifted off to dreamland.

The next day, Jinyoung and Yoojin groaned as they opened their eyes. Seeing each other's face, they smiled sleepily at each other. Hold on. Why was each other's face larger/smaller than usual?!

"Ahhh!" they screamed simultaneously. Flustered, they scrambled away from each other, only to fall off the chair and desk respectively. They rubbed their heads, grimacing.

"What's with the scream? It's really loud, you know," Jaebum mumbled as he and the others were aroused from their sleep. He looked at his now seemingly smaller surroundings and gasped.

"What is going on?!" he shouted. His shout was ensued by the other's screams. Jackson got off the desk and shook everyone, screaming "What sorcery is this? Did you do it?" to which they answered, "Of course not!"

"Yoojin, are you alright? Is something the matter?" Yoojin's mother called from the living room. Apparently, her parents had heard their screams.

"I'm alright! Don't worry!" she called back. She looked at the now-human dolls.

"How did you guys become like this?" she asked, moving her hands up and down to indicate they had grown.

"We don't know," Youngjae shrugged. This phenomenon baffled them as much as her.

"So now what?" Jinyoung bit his lip. 

"I guess you guys just act as per normal. But you guys can go out now. Just make sure the seven of you are back before my parents are back," Yoojin replied, her lips curved into a grin.

"I was hoping you would say that!" Jackson grinned. He and the others had always wanted to explore outside and now they could!

"But I wish we could go to school with you," Jinyoung pouted. He got where she was coming from though. How could they enroll in the school without a guardian? After all, they couldn't tell her parents that they became human, could they?

"Why are you just so adorable?" Yoojin squealed and pinched his cheeks.

"But you're cuter," Jinyoung teased back, pinching her cheeks back.

"No, you're more endearing," she replied, grinning. Just like that, they argued that the other was more adorable. After a while, Jaebum cleared his throat.

"It hate to interupt your flirting but Yoojin, you have to go to school now," he said. The others were giving each other meaningful looks. Realising that the others were watching them, Yoojin and Jinyoung felt their cheeks burning. Fortunately, they were able to recover from it quickly.

"Right. Anyway, I haven't finish my homework, have I? Guess I got to do it in between breaks," Yoojin sighed.

"Yeah. You better do it before your teacher "kills you"," Jackson nodded his head and did air quotations. Yoojin then went to get ready for yet another day of school.

"See you guys later!" she waved once she was done preparing.

"Bye! Have a nice day!" the guys waved back.