final.

Sincerely, Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sincerely, Chanyeol

 

Baekhyun blinks as he stares down at his open notebook and watches as the words morph into one big, blurry mess. He rubs at his eyes, hoping to rub away the tiredness, but that does nothing to make the printed black ink appear any clearer. He’s been sitting in this exact spot for God knows how long, flipping through pages and pages of notes, trying to engrave them into his memory. His is numb, his eyes are red and tired, and what’s worse is that he ran out of his coffee two hours ago. Baekhyun groans as he lets his head drop, forehead hitting the words that he’s been trying so hard to memorize, and allows himself ten seconds to rest his eyes as he counts down in his head. 10…9…8…7…6…5…4…

 

Baekhyun startles awake when Light Up The Darkness starts to play and fumbles to turn off his alarm, smiling sheepishly in apology to those studying around him. He whispers a curse under his breathe; chastising himself for sleeping through what precious time he had to study. Clumsily, he stands and gathers the spread out notes on the table, throwing them into his book bag before reacher for his empty venti Starbucks cup, only to stare in surprise at the hot, full cup in his hand. The name on the white paper cup clearly reads “Baekhyun” – which confuses him even more when he looks around the library and sees no one he’s familiar with. His eyes widen as he turns the cup to make out the message scrawled on the pink sticky note stuck to the cardboard sleeve.

 

Dear Mr. Baekhyun,

 

Please remember that today is the 21st of January, and your Chemistry exam is scheduled for 4pm this evening.

You should not have to worry though, since you are an adorable little genius who will ace this final without even trying.

 

Please also keep in mind that too much coffee is not good for you. Enjoy this hot cup of tea instead! :D

 

Sincerely,

Your Personal Reminding Service

 

Baekhyun blinks, and then blinks again as he rereads the message, his lips unconsciously curving upwards into a smile. He tears the sticky note off of the cup and sticks it onto the inside of his notebook, making a mental note to text Jongdae later and thank him. Zipping up his bag, Baekhyun slings it over one shoulder as he exits the library, happily sipping on his steaming cup of Jade Citrus Mint green tea. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun whines as he forces himself out of bed when the incessant knocking on the door doesn’t stop, and shuffles over to open the door. “I swear, Kim Jongdae, if you forgot your key again…” he grumbles as he swings the door open, blinking in surprise when there is no one there. He peeks his head out into the hallway, positive that his roommate is playing another prank of him – because he swore it wasn’t him who left the tea for Baekhyun the other day – but there is no one there. Frowning, Baekhyun begins to close the door, and only then does he see the sticky note – yellow, this time – stuck on the door, right below his room number. He peels the note off and closes the door before squinting down at the square yellow paper in his hands.

 

Dear Mr. Baekhyun,

 

Your Personal Reminding Service would like to remind you that Saturdays are a nice day to study,

but are also perfectly good days to rest and relax. That psychology paper can wait.

 

Your Personal Reminding Service would also like to remind you that you are a beautiful human being (both inside and out!),

and that you should leave your room more so people can appreciate your beauty more.

 

Sincerely,

Your Personal Reminding Service

 

Baekhyun frowns and opens the door again, but still doesn’t find Jongdae lurking in the hallway ready to laugh in his friend’s face. He walks over to his desk and grabs a pen from his Tweety Bird mug, then grabs his own stack of sticky notes and scrawls a message back.

 

Dear Personal Reminding Service,

 

Waking people up while they’re trying to sleep in on a Saturday morning is not nice.

And leaving notes for someone who doesn’t know who you are is weird (and freaky)!

 

Also, leaving my room would require me to socialize with people, and I’m not into that.

 

Sincerely,

Baekhyun

 

He walks over to the still-open door and smacks the orange sticky note in the same place the other had been before, then slams his door and crawls back into the comfort of his bed, drifting off into dreamland shortly after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun drums his fingers impatiently on his thighs as he waits for Jongdae to come back with their pizza. His stomach growls, and he sighs in relief when his roommate returns with a box of pizza in one hand and a two-liter bottle of cola in the other.

 

“Finally!” Baekhyun exclaims, jumping off his bed and tossing his textbook aside to grab the pizza from Jongdae, ignoring the pout from his roommate and the annoying whining about having to wait so long in the cold for the deliveryman. Baekhyun opens the pizza box and freezes; staring at the orange sticky note stuck smack dab in the middle on the inside of the pizza box. He removes the note to read, and pushes the pizza box towards his ravenous best friend.

 

Dear Mr. Baekhyun,

 

Your Personal Reminding Service would like to apologize for waking you up on Saturday >.<

Please accept this cola to enjoy with your pizza (because who has pizza without cola anyway?) as a form of apology :D

 

Your Personal Reminding Service would also like to remind you that even though you have a tough week ahead,

you are also a tough nut! You’ll be able to finish all those papers in time. I believe in you!

 

Sincerely,

Your Personal Reminding Service

(A.k.a. C)

 

P.s. You do know me.

P.p.s. If you get an A on your exam, I’ll treat you to ice cream \(^o^)/

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter