End.

Letter

 

When Himchan decided to sign up for the English lecture, he was expecting to be able to finally interact with Yongguk. They both belong in different cliques, but Himchan cannot help but feel attracted to the other man. He wishes to be able to see those gummy smiles for him instead.

As the lecture was the only one that they shared, and Yongguk was one of the star students of the lecturer, Himchan planned his approach by asking help from Yongguk. It was not that Himchan felt that he had no chance with the other, if the shy glances they shared was not proof.

He decided he will write Yongguk a letter saying that he wanted to be closer to him, in English. It was a plan his friends did not approve of knowing how limited Himchan’s language is, but it is the thought that counts after all. So he left the letter on Yongguk’s belongings when the latter left his seat to help the lecturer.

“Are you sure about this? I didn’t even see the letter and I’m just praying he understood whatever you wrote, hyung” Youngjae said.

Himchan smacked the back of Youngjae’s head.

“You are just underestimating me now there!” Youngjae slid his tongue out, teasing the older.

Not long after, Yongguk came back to his seat and took the letter into his hands. He was about to open it when the lecturer walked in signaling the beginning of the lecture. He glanced over the letter another time smiled at the name written on the small envelope and looked behind to where Himchan was still quarreling with Youngjae.

He found the sight cute and locked eyes with Himchan who suddenly turned to him. The latter eyes widened, nor expecting Yongguk to look at him. Yongguk smiled at Himchan’s cuteness and turned back to the lecture that was just starting.

Yongguk opened the letter and smiled at how the letter managed to reflect the cuteness of the writer himself. He decided to play a small prank on the other, seeing as the other’s English was not fluent and is a mess as he would put it. He took his red pen into his hands and started correcting the other’s letter, his smile refusing to fade. The lecture never did feel as short as today’s to Yongguk.

Himchan could not focus on whatever the lecturer was saying and kept looking at what Yongguk’s direction. He was extremely nervous, his heart fluttering and banging hard against his chest. The usually freezing lecture hall turned extremely warm. The lecture never felt as long as today’s.

The lecturer closed his books and began packing, signaling the end of the lecturer. Yongguk closed the letter back into the envelope and wrote a small note behind the flap, hoping that the other would find it. He looked back to Himchan again as held the letter between his fingers and got up to walk towards the other.

Himchan held his gaze on Yongguk who was walking towards him with the letter in his hand. He didn’t know what to expect, but he definitely was not expecting Yongguk to return to the letter to him. He was what looked like red ink on his letter as he held the letter. The small brush of hands created a spark between the two and made the blush on Himchan’s face even redder as Yongguk sent him a wink.

The short interaction left Himchan breathless and frozen on his seat. It wasn’t until Yongguk left the lecture hall that Himchan let out the breath he didn’t realize he had been holding all this time. Before he could grasp what just happened, he felt the letter slip away from his hold as Youngjae grabbed took the letter out of the envelope.

Youngjae burst into laughter the moment he looked at the letter that was now filled with corrections in red pen. The letter definitely looked more like an essay in an exam than a love letter that it was meant to be. Himchan flushed further and smacked the back of Youngjae’s head, the latter unable to stop the tears from laughing too hard.

“Hyung! I didn’t know your English was this bad!”

“You bastard!” Himchan grabbed his pencil case about to throw it on the younger’s direction when the younger ran out of the hall still laughing.

Himchan took the letter again and begun scanning though the letter. He felt heartbroken and embarrassed. He didn’t know whether this was a rejection, but that wink Yongguk sent couldn’t have meant nothing right?

He took the envelope from the floor and opened the flap, about to place the letter back in when he was what seemed like scribbles.

‘Hey, you’re cute. Sure I can help you with the class, come sit with me from now on.’

Call me 010-XXXX-XXX’

Himchan’s heart started to beat even faster that before and he quickly packed all his items into his bag and rushed out of the hall wanting to show Youngjae that he was indeed not rejected.

“Hey” The deep voice he know oh-so-well stopped him from his rush. He didn’t turn around immediately, until he felt the small tap on his shoulder. The older man walked to his side grabbing the books he held in his arms.

“I’ll help.” Himchan didn’t know what to say – still baffled at the gummy smile directed at him.

The moment he snapped out of his trance, Yongguk was already walking in front of him with his books. Himchan ran to catch up with the other, and smacked the other’s back, surprising Yongguk.

“That is for embarrassing me with my own letter!”

Himchan held Yongguk’s shoulder and pecked the other’s cheek.

“And that is for not rejecting me.” Yongguk turned to face the other, leaving only a short distance between the two of them. Their gazes were locked onto one another, making both of them breathless and they stared at each other.

“ehem” Youngjae coughed behind them.

“I know you guys like each other and all, but we need to rush to the cafeteria like now?”

Youngjae walked in between the two of them breaking them apart. Himchan was going to strangle him later for ruining their moment, but now he resorted to glaring at the younger’s head.

He soon felt a hand grabbing onto his own, he looked down onto their hands that was clasped in the other’s hands.

The moment Himchan looked up to Yongguk, he swore he was never going to get tired of that gummy smile being sent his way.

“Let’s?” Youngguk said. Himchan merely nodded, not trusting that his voice, as he melts at the look the other was sending his way.

“uh…. I hope you’re still up for helping with my English class?” Himchan managed to ask.

“I never said anything about taking back my words didn’t I?”

 Himchan smiled at that.

It was not a start they both expected, but a start nonetheless. 

 

A/N:

I at endings really.