Glossary

Illusion (sequel to 7 school myth)

There are some terms that some of you may not understand. I recommend you open this part and the story in two different tabs so it's easy for researching. The words appear in chronological order as they appear in the story. These definitions are written in my words so some of them may be a bit different in your belief/religion/knowledge. Sorry for any misunderstanding or mistake and message me or comment so I can fix it.

1. Salvation: when an errant spirit is saved from the common world and goes to heaven or starts a new incarnation.

2. Melancholy: the state of being extremely sad and negative. Can be used interchangable with depression, or written as melancholic depression.

3. Sedatives/tranquilizer/calmatives: a kind of drug used to reduce irritability and/or excitement and calm them down, tend to make patient sleep. (There are some differences between these words and they overlap each other, but in the context of this story, they should be the same.)

4. Dimorphic: deformed, distorted, not in good shape.

5. Placebo: a substance or solution given to a patient that has no effect in curing, but makes the patient feels they are treated and getting better. Placebos are usually just water with a small amount of table salt.

6. Rehydration solution: a type of water or fluid replacement to prevent dehydraion due to loss of water in the body. Oresol is a popular brand name.

7. Ventricular assist device (VAD): a mechanical pump that help heart function and blood circulation for who has weak/old heart.

8. Cardiograph: a machine that is connected to the patient's body and a screen that shows the beating of the heart. If the graph goes up and down, the heart is beating normally. If it goes to high or to low beyond the standard, the patient's heartbeat is very fast. If the graph stays flat as a line, the heart is not beating and the patient is probably dead or clinically dead.

9. Activated charcoal, activated carbon: carbon on itself can absorb smell and color from a liquid. Activated carbon is processed carbon to have small holes on the grain to have a better effect on decontamination. 

10. Sorbitol: a sweetener used with activated charcoal. Also used as a laxative to make waste from the body come out.

11. Guinea pig: a kind of hamster used to labs to test drugs. (They are not pigs, nor from Guinea! Yeah, scientists are terrible on naming.)

12. Javel: a kind of chlorine bleach used to sterilize pool water.

13. Go deep (teenage slang): thinking romantically with great emotion.

14. Psychiatry: a higher level from Psychology. Psychology is more about studying people's mind and how it works, psychiatry is more serious and complicated as it deals with mental issues.