Rain

Denial

Moonbyul keeps on pestering Solar, to others it looks like she's playing and having fun. For her she's doing it because she can't get enough of the older girl.

She has been crushing on Solar but she doesn't know how to confess her feelings. So Moonbyul does what she's an expert at, she tease Solar.

Wishing on all the stars that Solar gets the hint.

She thinks she'll tell her today. If the situation presented itself.

"Unnie." Moonbyul calls at Solar, tapping her shoulder repeatedly.

They were at the piano room. Solar wanted to practice and asked Moonbyul to go with her.

"Byul can you let me practice?" Solar says, her fingers flying through the keys of the instrument.

"Unnie.. unnie.." her hand reaching up to squish Solar's face.

Why is she letting me squish her face?

She's not even remotely annoyed.

Why is she so beautiful

She thought as she squeeze Solar's cheeks gently.

My lord I think I'm inlove

Who wouldn't be inlove with her?

I mean.. who else would put up with my bull?

"Unnie lets go eat, my treat." Moonbyul said, moving Solar's head to face her.

"Okay." Solar said, her eyes twinkling by the mention of food.

"Aigoo my Byul's gonna treat me again? How lucky am I?" Solar jokes.

"Very funny. Come on get your up.  Here let me take your bag." Moonbyul offered, taking the backpack from Solar.

"Thanks Byul-ah. I'm craving samgyeupsal." Solar smiles sheepishly.

"Arraseo. Whatever you want." Moonbyul winks at Solar, earning her a smack on the shoulder.

"Can you take your greasiness down a notch?"

"Now where's the fun in that?" Moonbyul replied.

---

They arrived at a meat restaurant.

The smell of beef wafting through the air makes their stomach grumble. It's a saturday evening so the place is packed with people.

"Oh there's an empty spot there. Hurry Byul-ah." Solar grabbed Moonbyul's hand, leading them to the table.

"Unnie, calm down no one's gonna overtake us. Also, did you bring an extra shirt in your bag?"

"Ya! Someone might. And yeah I brought one. Why?" Solar asks, her eyebrows furrowed.

Moonbyul has been eyeing Solar's crop top since they left the company building. She knows it's summer but seeing the wondering eyes of men directed at Solar, she almost blew a fuse.

And it's making the butterflies in her stomach run amock.

"Can you change real quick?" Moonbyul requested.

"Byul-ah it's so warm here. Just this once? Please?" Solar pleads, pouting like a kid.

She's defenseless against Solar's aegyo.

"All right. But please change after we eat Unnie?"

"I swear." Solar promised, wrapping her pinky with Moonbyul's.

Moonbyul sneakily kissed Solar's hand and grinned at the older girl.

"You are so weird Byulyi." Solar said as she snatched her hand away.

"Just one of my many charms." Moonbyul grinned.

"Ahjumma! 2 servings of meat here please. Oh and some beef intestine soup too." Solar yells at the owner of the store, ignoring Moonbyul's comment.

The food arrived and Solar impatiently reached for the tong even before their server put their orders down.

She carefully put the meat and fresh onions on the charcoal grill.

"Byul-ah kimchi please." Solar said.

Moonbyul pushes the plate of kimchi to the older girl.

Steam rising from the grill as Solar turn over the meat and place the kimchi.

Moonbyul watches Solar do the cooking. Noticing Solar's uprturned lips.

She gets so excited about trivial things

Fascinating how she eats like there's no tomorrow but her body...


She feels hot under the collar all of the sudden.

Moonbyul takes a long sip of water.

"Unnie stop turning the meat. Why are you so impatient?" Moonbyul laughs.

"You know how I get. I think I won't get to eat that much tomorrow because I have a shoot for WGM."

"Oh right. What time is your schedule?"

"In the afternoon but I'm planning to sleep in. It's been ages since we have an empty morning."

Moonbyul nods, lettuce wrapping a meat and feeding it to Solar.

Solar takes a huge bite and manages a "Thank you."

Moonbyul laughs quietly as she pick the  piece of lettuce stuck in the corner of Solar's mouth, popping it in her own mouth.

"Ya! Jesus you are ridiculous." Solar said.

Moonbyul clutches her middle, laughing at Solar's reaction.

They chatted and laughed at random things. Talked about their members and ordered more meat.

Moonbyul assesed the atmosphere. They're spirits are up. She gathered all the courage she could muster.

"Unnie I wanted to tell you something."

"Yeah? What about?" Solar said, still full of food.                                                                                        

"I like you." Moonbyul muttered, trying not to make eye contact.

"Wha- hold on.. what did you say?"

"I like you Unnie." Moonbyul repeated, this time meeting the older girl's eyes.

She can see the realization dawn in Solar's eyes. She gulps a glass of water like her life depended on it.

Finally Solar speaks. “I need to leave.” Her movements frantic, standing up and putting on her backpack.


"Can't you say anything? Where are you going?"

"Home. I need to think." Solar said, trying to close the zipper of her bag.

"Let's go home together."

Moonbyul stands but Solar put her hand up.

"No. I'll go home by myself." She said her tone firm.

Moonbyul is rooted to her spot.

 

She can’t do anything but watch Solar makes her way through the exit of the restaurant.

Her face creased, trying to stop the wave of tears she knows that is coming.

She feels the pain waiting right behind her eyes.

Moonbyul gives in and sobs into her hands, tears trickling between her fingers.

“Uhm.. Miss are you okay?” The owner of the restaurant asks, worry in her voice.

“Oh. I’m sorry. H- here’s the uhh money.” She stammered, handing the payment.

She doesn’t wait for a reply and quickly walk through the door.

Moonbyul can’t go home yet, not with the current state she’s in.

She walks with no direction. With each stride her heart becomes heavier. She doesn’t know what to make of Solar’s reaction.

Was she disgusted? I should never have told her my feelings. She thought to herself.

Unexpectedly she felt the gusting wind. Rain falls in large drops.

She did not bring an umbrella since she did not expect this kind of weather.

She hurriedly turned off her phone and hid it in her bag.

Moonbyul’s completely soaked now.

However, she could not care any less.  She wants to feel the water hit her skin, to at least distract the aching in her chest.

I hope she doesn’t hate me.

She regretted confessing, she wants to take it all back.

Moonbyul checks her wrist watch and was shocked she has been walking for more than 2 hours.

What the hell?! I have to go home.

She takes a cab and digs in her bag to check her messages.

52 missed calls and texts from Solar, Wheein and Hyejin.

She reads some of the messages.

Wheein: Unnie where are you? It’s past midnight.

Hyejin: Are you not going to answer our calls?!!!

Solar: Please come home. Why aren’t you answering our texts?

Wheein: I swear I’ll strangle you if you don’t reply Unnie!!

Hyejin: That’s it I’m calling the police!

She hastily called Hyejin.

It rang once and she hears the panicked voice of the maknae.

“UNNIE! Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I’m on my way home.” She said.

“Can I talk to her?”

Moonbyul hears Hyejin passing the phone to Solar.

“Wh-“ Moonbyul hangs up the phone.

--

She knows that the three of her members are in the apartment, seeing their shoes at the foot of her door.

Moonbyul is not even able to put her bag down when the three girls rushed to her side.

“Omo why are you soaking wet?” Wheein said.

She saw Solar at the corner of her eyes, going to her bedroom and getting towels.

“Here.” Solar hands it to her. She takes the towels without looking at the older girl.

 “Why were you out so late?” Hyejin demands.

“I just wanted to be alone for a little bit Hyejin-ah. Come on don’t be mad mmh?”

“Then you should have said so?!” Wheein shouts at her.

Moonbyul can see Solar staying quiet behind the maknae line, eyes downcast.

“Go get in the shower Unnie!” Hyejin ordered.

“Arraseo. You guys can go now, it’s late. You can see I’m okay right?” she says to the girls.

Seeing Wheein’s unhappy expression, she rubs the girl’s head “Aigoo go on puppy. I promise I won’t make you worry again.” She said honestly.

Wheein and Hyejin trudges their way to the door. Hyejin looked back and glared at her.

“Don’t think I’ll let this go Unnie.”

“I’ll treat you naejang tang for a week.” Moonbyul offered.

She can see the corners of the maknae’s mouth inch up.

“Make it 2 we-“

“YAH! Me too Unnie!” Wheein interrupted.

“Okay okay you two.” Her hands up in surrender.

“Unnie aren’t you coming?” Wheein asks their leader.

“You guys go ahead.”

Both of the maknaes shrugged and went home.

As soon as the two of them were left alone, the atmosphere has gone thick with tension.

Solar steps towards her and she moved back. Moonbyul saw Solar flinch, hurt all over her features.

“Please go Unnie. I get it okay?” She said, her voice echoing in the room.

“What do you get?” Solar said meekly.

“That I disgust you. That you don’t want what I want.”

“I did not say any of that!” Solar hissed.

“You made it crystal clear when you left!”

“I wasn’t expecting that you’ll say that. I’m so sorry I left you there.” Solar whispered her voice cracking.

“Please forget I said anything Unnie.” She sniffed, feeling a cold coming.

“Hear me out okay?”

“Fine.” Moonbyul relented.

“To be completely honest, I like you too.”

“Can you repeat that?”

“I like y-“

Moonbyul takes Solar’s mouth to hers, her hands in her hair.

Solar gasped in surprise and gripped her shoulders, but she quickly melt into Moonbyul.

Moonbyul backs her against the door of her bedroom and her entire body is pressed eagerly against Solar. She has never thought in a million years that this would happen.

Solar pulled away long enough to catch her breath, Moonbyul’s lips drifting to her neck. She tilts her head to give Moonbyul more access.

She feels Moonbyul her skin gently that Solar whimpers. Moonbyul pressed her harder to the door.

Moonbyul slides her hand to the small of Solar’s back, pulling her towards her. It’s freezing outside but she feels as if they are both on fire.

They pulled away almost at the same time. Their foreheads leaning into each other, breaths mingling.

“Oh my God.” Moonbyul breathed.

“I know.” Solar whispered.