Here For You

Changeless Duet

"Gray, open the door." Simon listens in, expecting some sort of shuffling or noise, but nothing sounds from the other side.

"Gray, open the door, please," he repeats. Again, no sound from the other side. "Don't make me slam this door down." Silence. He rests his forehead against the beautiful mahogany, a prolonged sigh escaping his lips as he recalls Gray's back and forth pacing that day; the day their team came in last place for SMTM's special producer stage.

Simon knows he should have done something more to reassure his partner other than the customary response of "Are you okay?". He let the adrenaline of the show consume him so that he didn't give Gray any reassurance that night that it wasn't his fault for their supposed lackluster hip-hop stage. He wasn't mad at Gray. Not even upset. His anger was only a fleeting moment of passion towards voters faulty opinions.

Simon raises his hands up against the door and gently taps out the beginning to Gray's Just Do It. He clears his throat as quietly he can before singing the lyrics to the chorus.

He keeps his hopes up as he finishes the song but still no response sounds from inside. He lets his left hand fall back down to his side as he whispers how he'll be back again tomorrow.

"None of it is your fault. I'm not mad. Really. I promise. Please." He lets go of the door completely. "Gray," he adds on in a murmur.

From inside his spacious studio, Gray listens in closely to the sound of Simon's retreating footsteps. Fresh tears pool in his eyes as he recalls the terrible remarks their joint stage on SMTM received for his lackluster ability to deliver a true hip-hop stage.

I shouldn't care about their remarks. I know I shouldn't, but they just-. I mean who thought it was a good idea to go and just stand there on a rap stage? Me! That's who! The best comment? "Even Zion.T moved more than me."

But Simon. It's not his fault we got last place. I shouldn't be pushing him away like this.

Realizing the mistake behind his behavior, Gray stands up and makes his way to his door, ready to ask for forgiveness from Simon. He hears Simon's car engine revving up as soon as he unlocks his door. He flails, running down the steps and stumbling out the door. Gray looks around frantically, searching for Simon's car. He spots it and prepares to yell but stops short as he watches Simon's car tail lights turn the bend in his driveway and disappear behind the thick bush coiling around the entrance. He slumps against his door post, making a mental note not to let worry consume him after this one last time.

I'll definitely apologize tomorrow.

The following morning, Simon is much quieter in getting out of his miniature, red car. He smiles faintly as he grabs the large brown box in the backseat. "Please, let this work," Simon prays as he makes his way up to Gray's front entrance. He takes his key out, examining the engraving on the front entrance once before stepping inside and shutting the door quietly behind him. He places the key on the couch instead of hanging it on the keyhole.

He carefully places the box on the glass table. his lips, he quickly strips himself of his red plaid shirt. He strolls over to the kitchen where he finds a knife in Gray's cupboard. Kneeling before the box, he slices one tip of the box open with the blade before tearing the rest open with his bare hands. He nicks himself once but bites back the sensation of pain, waiting for the blood to dry enough before continuing.

He tries not to laugh at Gray's potential reactions as he rapidly pulls the body of the costume over his head and secures it into place. After flipping the head around so that he can see, he tiptoes back over to the kitchen where he lifts a lighter up to the fire alarm. He struggles to light it, but once he does, a nice satisfaction streams through his body. Simon smells a faint burning smell before he sees what's burning. He screams in a high-pitched squeal when he sees where the smell of the burning object is coming from.

Gray hears the scream before he hears the fire alarm go off. Recognizing immediately whose voice that belongs to, Gray runs down the length of the hallway and stairs to the first floor. He searches around frantically for Simon but is distraught to find someone in a large duck costume flailing around wildly in the kitchen. He grabs one of the umbrellas loitering the bottom of the staircase and gingerly makes his way over to the flailing duck. The duck notices Gray and charges at him with his burning finger outstretched. Gray fumbles with the umbrella, grabbing it properly before he runs in the opposite direction, yelling at the duck to leave him alone.

When he feels the coast is clear, he twists his head around the junction between kitchen and dining room. He slants his eyes when he sees the duck is gone. He feels a light tap on his shoulder and turns around, face to face with the bright yellow duck. The flame on his burning finger has now spread to his entire hand. Gray runs away again, yelling for him to get away. 
"You can have whatever you want, just please, leave!"

What kind of a robber comes in dressed like a burning duck and where's Simon!?

The duck follows again, screaming at Gray to stop but he doesn't hear the voice. He continues to lead the duck in circles around the kitchen in a high-tail chase. Eventually, Gray slams straight into the duck, sending it skidding back across the kitchen's smooth floor. The duck quickly gets up, and pads over to Gray, still flailing its hand around in horror.

"Water!" it screams as it nearly trips over its two huge feet. Gray yelps, reaching over for the umbrella. He looks back at it with a defiant look as he raises the umbrella high into the air before slamming it straight into the intruders calf. The duck shrieks as it tumbles forward. Gray rolls away from the wailing duck before it can crash into him.

Simon throws his hands out in front of him before he has time to think about how his hand is on fire. He curses himself as he feels a burst of heat hit his chest. Gasping, he flails around wildly on the floor so as to calm the growing fire from spreading into the costume and burning himself.

Gray looks back at the flailing duck before scrambling to his feet for some water. Just as he slams his steel refrigerator door open to retrieve a gallon of fresh water, the duck slams straight into the open door. The jars and tubs of items rumble and shake at the strong impact. Gray leans into the door, peeking over the side of it to see the duck twitching a bit before completely stopping.

Did I kill it!?, Gray mentally screeches. He splashes the duck with the ice cold water before approaching it slowly on four legs. With worry creasing his forehead, he reaches a hand out to gently touch it but as soon as he sees it stir, he jumps back, reaching for the umbrella again and stashing a fork in his back pocket.

When Simon comes to, he notices the burning sensation is gone from the places he had accidentally lit on fire. 
Dang, what happened? This headache is killing me.

Melting inside the costume, he automatically reaches for the head but is stopped by a rough probing from something to his side. He turns his head abruptly and is immediately struck on the side of his head with an umbrella. He winces, shouting, "That hurts".

Simon hears a gasp and looks up to see a kneeling Gray shaking and pointing the sharp, steel end of the umbrella at him.

"Simon? Is that you?"

Ah, really. What would I do without you Seonghwa?

"Yeah," Simon responds as he sits up slowly and fumbles with the costume head. Gray gasps as soon as he takes it off. Simon chortles. "What? Did I suddenly turn into a demon?" Although, I'd still be y.

Before Gray can respond, Simon feels something wet slide down his face. Surprised, he reaches a hand up to touch it and reels back at the sight of blood on his fingers. Gray mumbles repeated apologies.

"Hey, hey now. You had all the reason to whack me with that thing. Besides, it's just my face." Simon starts to stand. 
"I can still ge-" He topples over, a sweet numbness ringing through his senses. He clutches his calf, wincing at the pain that soars through his veins.

Gray immediately stands, shouldering Simon over to the couch. He sets him down on the plush, white carpet, careful to stretch his leg out so that his calf doesn't spark more pain.

Gray dashes to the laundry room for a clean towel to wipe away the caking blood. He comes back and immediately blots the wound with the soft cloth. Simon winces a few times and Gray pulls back in response, worry clearly splattered over his facial features.

"This honestly didn't turn out the way I wanted it to."

Gray looks up, a red tinge lighting his ears.
"How come?"

"Not sure if you saw them but," Simon says as he points up towards the ceiling with a finger, "the balloons." Gray directs his attention up and is immediately struck by the beauty of all the colorful balloons floating on his high ceiling. One balloon, in particular, catches his attention. It has the picture of a cute hamster holding a CD player out to another sad hamster. Gray reads the words on the cover and smiles, looking back down at Simon.

Tears begin to well in his eyes. Simon draws. 
"You idiot," Gray manages to say before Simon butts head with him and wipes away his tears with his thumb.

"You have to pop it for our next destination."

"But you're hurting!" Gray retorts.

"Hey, hey, it's not like I can't walk." Gray looks back at him, his arms crossed in mock annoyance.

"Well, okay. You'll just have to help this broken duck back up whenever he falls," Simon teases as he tugs at Gray's ear. A soft mewl escapes his mouth.

Yummy.

Embarrassed, Gray abruptly stands and makes his way over to the knives in his wooden cupboard. He pulls out the least sharp one and prepares to throw it at the balloon when Simon protests.

"Gray! Don't use a knife."

Gray looks down at his hands, more die-hard embarrassment filling him up as he realizes his error.

Simon grunts as he pushes himself higher up the couch. "Check the box. There should be a toy gun."

Gray flutters to the box and finds the gun stashed inside a bag full of chocolates. He smiles, looking back at Simon who is leaning his head back against the couch's cushion, eyes closed.

He pulls the gun out, stashing a chocolate into his sweater pocket as he makes his way back over to the area he was previously standing under. He aims the gun at the balloon and shoots it down. He watches as it falls to the ground with a thud. Walking over to the fallen balloon, he takes in the words found on the CD; "Without Gray, there is no Monay", one final time before tearing through the balloon and pulling out a light manila envelope.

He brings it back over to Simon and opens it there. Simon watches Gray intently as he peruses through the instructions inside the envelope. When he's done reading, he looks up at Simon.

"What does 'To meet where the blue and yellow of the land greet?'?"

Simon shrugs his shoulders, showcasing his trademark smirk. "And this is where your chauffeur comes in and guides you to our next destination. But his lips are sealed until the very end."

Simon stands, feeling the pain in his leg a lot less. He sighs heartily as he makes his way for the door. On the way there, he grabs his red plaid shirt and car keys. He opens the door, signaling for Gray to step outside before him.

"To Ugly Duck's house we go," he cheers as Gray moves out, a joyous laugh escaping both their lips.

"You troll."

Simon flicks on the car's right turn signal as he nears a stop sign. He looks over at Gray and smiles. Gray looks up, makes eye contact with Simon's beautiful dark brown eyes and looks away, a warm smile erupting on his face.

"We're near the beach," Gray announces with enthusiasm as he gazes out the passenger side window. Simon sees the level of enthusiasm written across his face and grins triumphantly, a feeling of accomplishment washing over him.

He slows to a stop outside a large, modern-looking house decked out in plants. Glass doors line both floors to the back and a small pond with a fountain system lies a short distance away from the back patio.

"Whose house is this," Gray questions.

Simon turns off the car's engine. He steps out of the car onto the soft gravel, wincing as another sudden jolt of pain from his bruised calf crashes into his senses.

"Come on," Simon says as he ducks his head back into the car and tilts it towards the house.

Gray walks close to Simon as they make their way around the side of the house, past the coiling vines and the luscious array of vibrantly colored plants and flowers. Gray stops and stares at a specific plant, lost in awe as he takes in its thickness and its bold, yet strikingly soft, bluish-purple hues.

Simon turns back around, ready to let Gray walk in front of him as soon as he nears the house's front entrance. When he doesn't find him, he makes his way back around the side of the house. Simon's heart flutters as he sees Gray looking at the plant in complete earnestness. He leans against the side of the building, his foot gliding carelessly behind his other leg. Simon winces, having forgotten not to apply pressure to it. He lets Gray marvel at the beauty of the plant a bit more before speaking up, startling Gray awake from his trance.

"That's a succulent. It's specifically called the Morning Light echeveria."

It really matches you since it tends to shy away from stealing direct sunlight from other plants but once you see it, you can never lay your eyes on another plant again.

"It's beautiful."

I know.

"Well, come on. Let's go."

Gray nods his head, taking one last long look at the plant before catching up to Simon.

They make their way down the length of the boardwalk to the spectacular beach. Gray's eyes sparkle at the beauty of the setting sun.

Simon watches as Gray gets ready to run towards the shoreline. He grabs him by the shoulder and pulls his lips near his ear, whispering, "Where do you think you're going?"

Out of natural reflexes, Gray juts his elbow into Simon's stomach, causing him to double over into the soft sand. He grunts, clutching his stomach.

Simon feels the warmth of Gray's hand on his shoulder and immediately exaggerates how hurt he is.

"I'm so sorry, Simon." Gray reaches for his hand, placing his gently on top as he rubs circles into Simon's back with the other hand. Simon imagines ramming Gray into the sand and eating him alive in kisses but stops himself short when he hears the soft neigh of a horse. He smirks as Gray's attention darts over to the horse.

Gray helps Simon up. They approach the horse, Simon leaning gently on Gray's side.
"Since everything hurts, you'll have to ride up front."

Not that I was going to let you ride behind anyways.

Gray opens his mouth to protest but is immediately shut off by Simon's persistent moans of pain.

Gray purses his lips, nodding slowly as he approaches the horse from in front. It neighs, throwing its large head back before bringing it forth and nuzzling up to Gray.

"I'll be right behind you, so don't worry about anything bad happening to you."

"Now that I think about it, this is a beach. Photographers are bound to pop out and-"

"This is a private beach." Gray looks back at him and starts laughing. 
"So quick to respond."

He steps closer to the horse, careful not to startle it and hops onto its back with Simon's help. Simon s Gray's before he settles himself down onto the saddle. He shrieks, turning back around to see a smirking, aloof Simon.

Simon shrugs. "My hand slipped."

Gray scoffs. He turns back around to pet the horse and the soft bed of hair atop its head. The horse rumbles and Gray laughs in excitement when he feels the vibration go in through his chest.

Jesus. You're so delectable.

Simon hops onto the horse. Irritated with the large gap present between them both, he grabs Gray by the waist, pulling him closer to him. Simon nuzzles up to Gray, nestling his chin up to Gray's neck and wrapping both hands around him in a tight embrace.

"You were too far away. You would have fallen," Simon mumbles into Gray's ear. He grabs Gray's hand and maneuvers it over to the reins, where he instructs him on how to properly hold the reins and how to maintain control. When Simon feels like Gray has a clear understanding of what to do, he juts his leg softly into the horse's side. The creature starts trotting and Simon helps Gray steer the horse in the right direction; towards the shoreline.

Simon catches Gray marveling at the beautiful sunset. He smirks, never loosening his grip around Gray's waist.
"It's so gorgeous. Gets me inspired to make a beat right now."

"Mmm," Simon mumbles, his eyes looking out over the vast sea.
"You know what else is making a rhythm of its own?"

Simon waits a few seconds before responding to his own question. "Your heartbeat."

Gray desperately tries to cover his laughter with his hand but to no avail, as it carries over the barren sand with its melodic tune.

Simon pouts, quickly removing his chin from Gray's shoulder and looking away towards the sun's few, last rays. Gray looks back, surprised that his laughter hurt him. He turns back around.

"Simon, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to. It was cute and I loved it. Really. I just-"

"Turn around."

Gray turns, his breath catching in his throat as soon as he sees Simon smiling wickedly back at him with a sliver of chocolate held in place by his teeth.

"You'll have to tell me how this tastes as punishment."

Gray gulps, averting his eyes as Simon draws near. He looks up and feels butterflies go off in his stomach. He closes his eyes, waiting for the chocolate to reach his lips.

Simon smirks. He sees Gray shut his eyes more as soon as the chocolate probes at his lips. Gray rocks a little to the left and opens his mouth to scream but at that moment, Simon pulls Gray closer and slides the chocolate in. He takes in the softness of Gray's lips before pulling back and letting him taste the chocolate.

"So how was it?"

"It's delicious." Simon feels Gray's heartbeat palpitating ferociously. He mentally chuckles.

"That answer doesn't satisfy me." Simon grabs Gray's chin, twisting his head around to face him again. He greedily plants his lips on Gray's. Gray lets out a surprised mewl as he lets himself melt into the warm kiss. Simon clutches the back of Gray's head, drawing him nearer; wanting him nearer. He takes in Gray's black eyebrows and the small ridges scattered sparsely in between. His eyes dart down to his pretty, black eyelashes and the way they fan out slightly at the edges. He feels a light tug on his pant leg and looks down to see Gray struggling to breathe.

Cute. He can't breathe. Simon gives Gray's plump bottom lip a light tug with his teeth before completely pulling apart from the kiss. A small dribble of saliva escapes Gray's lips as he gasps for air. Simon smiles, rubbing the saliva away with his plaid shirt.

"Simon," Gray mewls. He lowers his eyes to Simon's lap.

Simon starts planting loving kisses down the length of his face. He gives his eyelids multiple butterfly kisses before pulling back and admiring his disheveled lover.

"You idiot," Gray whispers as he turns back around. Simon leans into Gray, resting his lips close to his ear.

"If I'm an idiot, then you make me this way." Gray blushes, his heartbeat leaping forward. Simon chuckles.

"Thank you for today Simon."

"So how many times is this going to get me hot ?"

Upset, Gray turns around to scold Simon but is surprised with another soft kiss. He places his hand carefully on top of Simon's, rubbing circles into his skin as he basks in the warm feeling blooming in the pit of his stomach and spreading throughout his small frame.

They break free.
"I love when you get upset," Simon teases.
"You can have it as much as you like."

Simon chuckles. He leans his nose into Gray's scalp, overwhelming his senses with the refreshingly arctic smell of Gray's shampoo.

Not tonight, though. I only want to fall asleep to the sight of your cute face nestled deep in my arms.

He looks out towards the glistening sea, the darkness finally wrapping its arms over the land and embracing them both in another nightly show of the bright, excited white stars.

"Next time we'll make a stage where we both can shine. So don't worry about it anymore, okay?"

Gray nods his head. He takes Simon's hand in his own and starts the top of the smooth skin with his soft fingers. They continue down the length of the beach with only the full moon above being a testament to their tender adoration for one another.