Or Not...

Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

160701 : I added a few things at the angst part because I just noticed that the one I posted was the unedited version on my phone. I hope that the story becomes a bit better after the edit. But the ending stays the same. I am sorry, it's so unprofessional of me to edit a story after publishing it. I could assure you it won't happen again. Sorry again ;_; I hope all of you would reread this some other time, but if you don't want to it's fine too. Thank you all in advance!

 

Thanks to ringoe for suggesting me to write a highschool AU, but I'm sorry because I'm not familiar with love/hate scenes so I've got to learn more on that. So for this one, no love/hate ; w ; Sorry again huhuhu, but I hope you'll like it? Anyways, I love you guys' feedbacks in my all previous stories. They were all very motivating and I felt overwhelmed reading them! ^^ I'm so happy! Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy reading this one as well!

 

______________

 

Seokjin is an average student, loved by most students and teachers, always smiling and emitting a warm aura. He was not quite popular, but he had his fair share of admirers among the students, from both the boys and the girls. He had never been in a relationship before, despite getting asked out by a few male students and confessed to by some female students. Seokjin had always thought his life was kind of pathetic and boring, seeing how his peers are mostly dating, but Seokjin wanted to put academics first. But now that he was near graduating, he might give it a try, so he took a deep breath as he placed the love letter in his crush’s locker with shaky hands.

 

______________

 

Jungkook reread the letter several times. He blinked his eyes. This can’t be happening. He squinted and reopened his eyes. It was real. It was certainly the senior’s neat writing which Jungkook had always adored, and the fact that the letter was pastel pink only confirmed his suspicions. Jungkook gasped. Could it be that his senior had finally noticed him? He wanted to jump in glee. He hugged the letter close to his body. Jungkook took one last look at the name, Seokjin. He nodded. It was that Seokjin. It was him. The senior who was his Maths teacher’s assistant earlier this year. The one he had always admired from far, but unsure if his existence was even known to the senior. He always wanted to say hi, but what if he got awkward? Jungkook had always adored his cute giggles and had always been irritated when one of Seokjin’s friends ruffled his hair and made the elder flustered. Jungkook had always been watching from the side, never daring to step into Seokjin’s social circle.

 

But now… Jungkook thought with a smile. He could never even dream of this happening. He took note of what the elder wrote. He told him to meet him at the playground in front of the library after school to give his answer. Obviously, Jungkook was going to say yes. Jungkook reminded himself to get there early, as to not make the senior wait. In his mind, there were lots of rehearsed lines so that he wouldn’t make a fool out of himself when talking to Seokjin for the first time. He needed to show his tough side to the senior. He smiled to himself as he imagined how the scenario would be this evening. He kept the letter in his pocket and went to his class, literally skipping in happiness. His friends eyed him weirdly because it is not usual for Jeon Jungkook to be cheerful. But today is not a usual day.

 

_______________________

 

Seokjin leaned against the wall and fiddled the hem of his blazer. He kicked a stone on the ground. He sighed. What if I got rejected? What if he doesn’t come at all? What if he brought all his friends to watch Seokjin getting embarrassed? All the bad thoughts flooded Seokjin’s mind and almost made him turn around and go home. Seokjin cupped his face. Was it a stupid decision? He asked himself. He took a deep breath. No, I am determined to do this. Let’s end the school year in happiness! Seokjin gave himself an internal pep-talk. Seokjin sat on a bench and waited for his crush to come. It was still early, after all. Seokjin practiced a few lines on how to react in both situations, and told himself not to cry in the worst case scenario. But thinking of it already makes him want to cry. Seokjin whined.

 

Jungkook straightened the tie of his school uniform. As he approached the playground, he could already see the tuft of soft blonde hair that had always caught his attention. Jungkook rubbed his hands together. He glanced at his wristwatch. I was a bit late. Jungkook was panting because he had run to the flower shop down the street to get some roses. Jungkook wasn’t exactly the romantic type, but a miracle like this surely deserves a bit of celebration. Besides, the princess surely deserves a bouquet of roses for his courage on confessing, even though it took up a huge blob out of Jungkook’s allowance for the month. Jungkook smiled and walked towards Seokjin.

 

Jungkook approached Seokjin from behind, seeing that the senior was deep in his thoughts, furrowing his eyebrows and pouting a little. Jungkook chuckled at such an adorable sight. He cleared his throat, catching Seokjin’s attention. “Hi.” He said, hiding the bouquet behind his back. Seokjin looked at him. “Oh um hi.” Seokjin said, smiling a little. Jungkook swore he almost melted into a puddle of nothing upon seeing that smile directed at him. Jungkook looked down. “Um, this is for you.” He said, handing the bouquet to Seokjin. Seokjin widened his eyes and blushed. “Oh? Thank you. Wow this is really sweet, but you didn’t have to.” Seokjin mumbled, slowly taking it and placing it on his lap. “Of course, a beautiful person like you deserves beautiful roses.” Jungkook said, making Seokjin blush deeper. “Oh my god, you’re the sweetest… But, may I ask what this is for?” Seokjin said, glancing at Jungkook before looking away. Jungkook squealed internally at the sight of a flustered Kim Seokjin. He cleared his throat and took out the letter from his pocket. Seokjin looked at it. “Um… About this?” He said, showing it to Seokjin. Seokjin gasped.

 

Seokjin’s heart stopped beating. The nervousness from before dissipated into pure panic. He took a good look at the letter and confirmed its authenticity. It was really from him. And this person standing in front of him with such a charming smile, gentleman features and muscular body really did receive it from him. He clutched on the wrapper of the bouquet as he grieved on his mistake. And to think that this sweetheart even took the trouble on getting this lovely bouquet which probably costs Seokjin’s whole life. Seokjin sighed and smiled at Jungkook. “I—“ He opened his mouth. Jungkook looked at him, the smile still lingering on his lips. Seokjin swallowed his words. He didn’t have the heart to break such a warm smile.

 

“I uh… Can I say something first? Please hear me out.” Jungkook said, looking down. Seokjin gulped. He nodded. “I have wanted to say this for so long, but I have never gotten the courage to meet you. I have liked you ever since I saw you carrying those heavy books for my Maths class. I was the kid who helped you carry half of them, remember? But probably you didn’t because you never spared a glance at me whenever I was around. I was quite shocked to have received this letter from you, because I thought I was non-existent to your eyes, but now that it happened…” Jungkook paused and smiled at Seokjin, crinkles forming on the sides of his eyes. Seokjin bit his lips. “I am more than honoured to say yes.” Jungkook said, looking down. Seokjin wanted to cry. This person is so sweet. And he had been crushing on Seokjin for a long time but Seokjin never even knew him. And what did he ever do to deserve such a punishment? Oh, he had done a grave mistake. How could Seokjin ever fix this?

 

And I don’t even know his name.

 

“I, uh… I’m glad to hear that.” He glanced to the junior’s nametag nervously. “I am glad you could accept me, Jungkook.” Seokjin forced a smile. This isn’t what he had expected. Jungkook is so sweet and nice, and I’m just plain stupid. He knew it would hurt Jungkook terribly if he knew what exactly happen since he looked so happy to have received that letter, which is why Seokjin knew he should try his best to keep that hidden. Consider this as your punishment for being so careless, Seokjin. He thought.

 

“It feels like I’m dreaming.” Jungkook said, chuckling. Seokjin felt himself dying a little inside.

 

Jungkook gently held Seokjin’s hand and the senior flinched a little. Jungkook immediately lets go of it and apologized. Seokjin widened his eyes. “Ah no, I was just a bit surprised.” Seokjin said, telling Jungkook it’s fine. “I’m sorry. I won’t make you do anything you’re uncomfortable with.” Jungkook said as he looked down. Seokjin bit his lips. He took a deep breath and intertwined his fingers with Jungkook’s. Jungkook looked at him in suprise. Seokjin felt his heartbeat double at the sight of the barely-there pink tints on Jungkook’s cheeks. “I told you its fine. Let’s go home.” Seokjin mumbled as he felt his own cheeks heating up.

 

__________________________

 

Jungkook was really a gentleman, much to Seokjin’s dismay. It would’ve been easier if he was an . Seokjin could’ve dumped him in a day but Jungkook was always sweet, and he even insisted on sending Seokjin right to his subway station every day, despite his house being on the opposite direction of the road. Seokjin felt guilt eating him alive every time Jungkook flashed him that smile. The smile that shows Seokjin he was the luckiest person on the Earth to have Seokjin as his boyfriend. “I don’t deserve you.” Seokjin whined to himself.

 

Seokjin passed by Jungkook at the lockers and he immediately blushed. Jungkook saw him and smiled, making Seokjin look away shyly. Ah, Jungkook, please forgive me for acting this way. He eyed Jungkook’s locker. How did it get in there? He was supposed to put it somewhere else. He went beside Jungkook. “Good morning.” Jungkook said softly. Seokjin’s heart fluttered at Jungkook’s tone and again he felt guilty for feeling that way, since he was actually crushing on someone else. But since Jungkook was his boyfriend now, maybe at least he deserves some proper treatment. “Good morning.” Seokjin answered shyly. Jungkook laughed. “I’ve got Maths today. Maths has always been so different without you.” Jungkook mumbled. Seokjin didn’t know how to respond. “Sorry, I resigned because exams were near…” He said. “Don’t worry. Now I’m no longer worried, since I get to see your beautiful face every time school ends and starts, probably at recess too?” Jungkook asked. Seokjin nodded and smiled at him. “Anytime you wish.” He said, making the junior smile brightly. Seokjin bit his lips. Yep, Jungkook definitely deserves some affection. Jungkook waved Seokjin goodbye and Seokjin returned it. He took a look at Jungkook’s locker. He cursed at the fact that the lockers in the row didn’t have names, just numbers. He was sure he saw that guy putting his stuff in this locker every day, how could he mess up? Seokjin thought. He sighed. He had to forget that person. Jungkook deserves better than a boyfriend who dwells on his crush.

 

_______________

 

Guilt was all that Seokjin felt every time he was with Jungkook. He hated himself for that. He wanted to love Jungkook, but he couldn’t help but think what if he got the right locker. His heart ached because his eyes would still involuntarily look for the person who was supposed to receive the love letter, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter