A shelf, some plates and a boyfriend

A shelf, some plates and a boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Going to university was a huge step in Seungri's life, because it meant that he would live on his own for the very first time in his life. His parents were worried and wanted to move with him from Gwangju to Seoul, but in the end he could convince them to let him go alone.
He wanted to enjoy his freedom and discover the nightlife of Seoul, yet the only affordable place to stay was the students dorm with its strict closing times. However Seoul was Seoul, so he happily signed the contract. During the signing he already imagined his small apartment to be stylish and completely furnished with cool neighbours and party every night. At least that was dramas told him about the student's life in Seoul.

 

When he arrived at his dorm, he was woken up from those dreams. He had to share the kitchen and even worse the bathroom with some other guy and the only furniture he found in his room was an ugly desk with a chair, a bed without any sheets or a blanket, and a small wardrobe.
“Are they kidding me? They make me pay a load of money for nothing?”, he shouted out of shock.
“What do you expect, kiddo? A fully furnished room with furniture from the coolest designer?” An annoyed voice came behind his back which made Seungri jump in surprise.
“Every year the same with the newbies...” murmured the annoying voice and when Seungri turned around he saw the owner of that voice: The guy had bright orange hair, tattoos and seemed like he woke up only seconds ago. “Let me guess. You believed the dramas?”
Seungri could only nod at this question, cause he felt a little embarrassed in that moment. He should have known that dramas were exaggerating everything including student's life.

 

“Now you know that you need to get stuff, kiddo. I hope you saved.”
“No, but my dad gave me a credit card for emergencies. I think that's what you can call an emergency?” The younger tried to smile a bit, but the orange haired guy just yawned at him.
“Oh another one of those kids whose parents pay everything. If I were you, I would start to look for a job soon, because you won't have that card for long., kiddo. And what's your name?”
“Lee Seunghyun, but -” Before Seungri could continue speaking, the other one growled like he was hit into the stomach.
“Another Seunghyun? Why did the gods curse me?”
“Eh? What?” The younger couldn't understand that kinda scary reaction and what's so awful about his name.
“The idiot who lived here before you was named Choi Seunghyun and that guy is crazy. If I learnt one thing in the last two years it's that Seunghyuns are crazy.”
“You can call me Seungri if you want...”
“Seungri? Who the s names himself victory? Yes, you must be crazy, too.”

 

“And what's your name? Seunghyun, too, because you sound and look crazy?” Seungri had enough of the reaction of the other one. He didn't know him at all, but he already called crazy just because of his name.
“No...” now the other one's expression reminded Seungri of the one of Grumpy Cat. “My name is Kwon Jiyong, or better known as the famous G Dragon.”
“I never heard of you.” And with that Seungri broke all of Jiyong's confidence. The older murmured something which wasn't understandable before trying to leave the room, yet Seungri stopped him.
“Do you know where can I get furniture and stuff?”
“The Swede is five bus stops from here.”And with that grumpy Jiyong disappeared to his own room.

 

On the one hand Seungri was happy to have a furniture dealer not far from the dorm, but on the other hand The Swede meant that he had to bring everything home by himself somehow. Unfortunately, he hadn't got a driver's license and he didn't know anyone in Seoul yet who had one. This meant, so he concluded, he had to make several trips to The Swede in the next days and he wasn't sure whether he was able to lift half of the stuff he needed.

 

Before he went to have a back like his grandpa, he made a list and a plan which things he needed to most, but his planning was disturbed by a knock on the outside door of the shared apartment. His grumpy cat lookalike room-mate didn't seem to open the door, so Seungri did it.
“Jiyong, don't tell me you were... oh, sorry, you aren't Jiyong. You must be his new room-mate?”
Seungri nodded. “Yes, I'm Lee Seunghyun.”
“No wonder that Jiyong hides in this room.” The reaction of the guy in front of him was the exact opposite of the one from his room mate. “I'm Dong Youngbae, Jiyong's best friend and voice of sanity.”
Seungri let the other one in who went straightly to Jiyong's room. “Come out, Jiyong! The newbie is nice!”
“No. This guy is crazy, too! He calls himself victory and doesn't know me!” came from inside of the room.
“My nickname is Seungri.” replied the youngest to Youngbae's confused look.
“Jiyong, you aren't as famous as you want to be. So calm down.”
Youngbae really seemed to be like the voice of sanity cause Jiyong opened his door.
“You didn't have coffee yet.”, concluded Youngbae. “Don't worry, Seungri. Usually Jiyong is nicer, but without coffee he can be mean.”
“Yeah. Seunghyun took the coffee maker with him when he moved out.”

 

“Ah damn. No wonder that you are grumpy right now.” Jiyong's sane friend pat his shoulder before taking a look into Seungri's room. “You came without extra furniture?”
“Yes...” Youngbae seemed to be nice yet Seungri expected some jokes about his naiveness again.
“Great! Then you and Jiyong can go to The Swede and get everything! Nothing is better to become friends, then spending a day together there.”
“You are just saying that because of your stupid lovestory...” Jiyong rolled his eyes, but his friend was proud that he got such an awesome idea. Seungri was also happy to known that his room mate a car cause that made things a lot easier.
“Look at this poor newbie.” Youngbae laid an arm around Seungri who tried to look as pityingly as possible. “He is new in Seoul and needs a good hyung who helps him.” Seungri nodded a switched to his begging look which usually worked with his parents. “Plus they have coffee there and you get to know each other and maybe you fall in love.”
“Bae, you are literally the only one who ever felt in love in that store. But please... Stop it. The coffee is there and I'm not in the mood for this insane store.”
“Can you please drive me there at least? I don't want a back like my grandpa. I will do anything for you. I can even give you the gas money.”
“Will you shut up?” The youngest one in the room nodded. “Fine. We will go. I need some new plates anyway cause the coffee maker wasn't the only thing Seunghyun took.”
Happily Youngbae and Seungri grinned at each other and Jiyong sighed in defeat. He really needed some coffee and these two to shut up.

 

Half an hour later Seungri and Jiyong sat in Jiyong's car and were on the way to The Swede.
“May I ask why Youngbae is, I quote, literally the only one who ever felt in love at The Swede and talks about falling in love there?”
As sympathetic as Youngbae seemed, his behaviour about that store confused him a lot.
“He met his current girlfriend there and went there to buy scented candles every day until she agreed to date him.”
Jiyong hadn't minded Youngbae's scented candle haul. His best friend needed an excuse to meet his dream girl and he got new scented candles for free. However honestly, he did thought that his always unsuccessful best friend wouldn't have a chance again, but for once the luck shine for Youngbae and he was even more crazy in love since then.
“That's a cute story.”
“It would be a cute story if he wasn't trying to couple me since that day.”
“Like with me now?”
“I think not even Youngbae is stupid enough to couple me with you”
“So... You like girls?” Seungri himself did have experience with both genders. For him it was a waste to leave out one gender when there were great kissers in both ones.
“I like who is interesting. And right now, you bore me.” With that the older one turned to the parking lot of the Swede and kicked the younger out of his car when he found a spot.

 

“Eh? I thought you join me.”
“Did I say that? Get a shopping cart and I think about it while I smoke my morning cigarette. Thanks to you I didn't even had that.”
A few of Seungri's friends back in his hometown smoked, but he hated the smell of it, so he gladly went away to search for a shopping cart.
When he came back, his roommate was still smocking but the stick of cancer was already small. “So... Will you join me now?”
“Yeah, but first we buy some coffee.”

 

Buying coffee was more that Jiyong complained to whole time about the coffee and his former roommate, yet drinking two cups of it and dragging the younger inside the store before he finished his breakfast. The older was far too bossy to listen to Seungri's complains or his growling stomach.

 

Their first stop was the living room department which confused Seungri. Nothing on his list belonged to that depar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter