Chapter 1

Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kwon Ah Young walked back and forth in her small bedroom. The sight of Manhattan city with its glowing lights at night couldn’t bring peace to her mind. She was in state of confusion now. In her bed, a letter was lying half opened. It was a letter from Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of YG entertainment. They met for the first time in a café nearby her office. Yang Hyun Suk wrote it personally to her after she turned down his offer to work at YG. She was a Korean, but she left the country for almost ten years now. If she were ever going back to Korea, it would mean a nightmare to her. It was an old long story she tried to conceal like it never happened in her life. But, the offer was so tempting. If in the America, she just worked as parts of advertising department, in Korea she could work as the head of public relation in YG. Well, he wrote that in the letter. Certainly, both of the jobs were highly different. Ah Young stared at the letter again, she seemed made up her mind this time. She took the letter and put it in her nightstand. She glanced at the ceiling before drifting off to sleep slowly.

---

“Are you sure you wanna take the job?” Sarah, Ah Young best friend, inquired. They both had breakfast in a nearby restaurant from their office. Ah Young had explained about her inclination to accept the job offered by YG. Sarah had no idea that Ah Young still willingly came to Korea after what had happened to her in the past.

“Yeah, why not?”

“Why not? Well, I’m pretty sure you still remember the reason why you are in here. You have gone a long way, Ah Young.” Sarah tried to knock some senses in her best friend’s mind.

“I don’t wanna talk about that.” Ah Young answered coldly. Her eyes were fixed at the articles about YG entertainment. She ever heard about some of the artist, but mostly it was about Big Bang. She scrolled down the articles and opened the one with head saying:

G-Dragon and Kiko Mizuhara Reveals Real Status! Who’s Dating Who?

Comments:

[+1165  -51] Really? They have been like this for 4 years already. Let’s see who’s going to break who later.

[+887  -123] I’m tired reading about G-Druggin’ articles. Can you make another article?

          [+167  -13] LOL then you shouldn’t read this. Get a life xx

Ah Young read the article silently. She shook her head as she read more and more about G-Dragon. The comments were mostly awful, although there were still fans which depending him. She could sense troubles after troubles were waiting for him.

‘Seemed like a ed up guy.’ Ah Young thought.  

“Ah Young, Ah Young!!” Sarah called Ah Young irritably. People started staring at her as her voice got louder and louder.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah? Really? I called you like nth time already. Let’s get back to office, we’re almost running late.” Ah Young grabbed her bag and followed Sarah quietly. She was still thinking if she made a right decision already about what she was about to do. But, everything was set already. She would do it.

---

Ah Young walked slowly towards her boss’ room. She was worrying again about her decision. She took a deep breath before knocking at the door.

“Come in.” She heard from inside. She stepped inside quietly.

“Good afternoon, sir.”

“Oh, Good day, Ah Young. What is going on?” Mr. Spencer asked confusedly. He didn’t use to Ah Young going to his room, except it was necessary.

“I want to give my resignation letter, sir.” Ah Young said straight to the point. She gulped nervously as she watched her boss reaction.

“Resignation? What happened, Ah Young? Do you have any problem? Sit down, first.” Her boss pointed a chair in front of him, so Ah Young took a seat.

“No, there’s nothing happened, sir. I just think it’s my time to get back to Korea again. Surely, I get so many experiences in here and I want to apply it in my home country.” Ah Young reasoned out simply.

“But, you’re really doing a great job in here. We don’t wanna let you go.” Mr. Spencer said bluntly.

“I’m so glad you think so, sir. But, I really want to go back to my country. I want to live near my mother.” Ah Young tried to muffle her sob. It always got her emotional whenever she mentioned her mom.

“Okay then, if you say so. I couldn’t force you to stay here though. It’s just really sad that you have to leave this company.” Mr. Spencer said helplessly. Ah Young smiled sadly because she had to lie to him by not saying she got a higher job in Korea.

“I’m really sorry, sir.” Ah Young felt really guilty.

“No, it’s okay. When will you stop working?” Mr. Spencer questioned.

“I guess today, sir. I’ll be back to Korea in two days.” Ah Young explained shortly.

“Ah, really? You seemed in a hurry, but it’s really nice working with you.”

“Me too, sir.” Ah Young said smilingly and got out of the room. Soon, she met Sarah w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter