Final

Worn Leather Spines and Hearts Intertwined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

From the moment he had set his eyes on her, Jung Hoseok was unable to look away. Even from inside the coffee shop, he could see through the glass the light that danced in her eyes as she looked around at the surroundings of the busy city.

Pulling a wad of green paper from his wallet, he dropped it on the table unceremoniously before picking up his coffee and dashing towards the door. Seeing the girl walk into the nearby bookstore, he ran across the street, the sound of honking cars blaring as he crossed the crowded intersection.

At the moment though, he couldn’t have cared less. He was more worried with losing the pretty, ebony-haired beauty’s location.

    Walking into the shop, the tinkling of the door sounding his entrance, he looked around the tiny bookstore, searching for the certain black-haired individual.

    He spotted the young woman quickly, hanging around by a large bookshelf, and he quickly scooted near, keeping his distance as he looked from afar.

The young girl was scrolling through an old-looking book, lost in it’s pages. The book was covered in scratches and it looked that if she were not holding the spine, it would break at any moment.

    Now even as a boy, Jung Hoseok had never had an interest in literature, preferring video games and nerf guns over any of the simple books his mother had brought home.

    Gliding over to the girl silently, he was unsure of what to say, as he stood there in silence fidgeting as the girl continued to take no notice of him. Taking a silent breath, he cleared his throat before speaking,

    “Is being old and worn the trick to get your attention?”

--

    A voice broke you out of your trance as you looked towards the source, startled from your reverie.

    A man not much older than you stared right back. You looked at him, a small blush settling on your cheeks as you discreetly checked him out. Rich honey locks framed a light honey complexion. Chocolate eyes tinged with warm caramel were shaped into half moon crescents and inviting soft, pink lips were letting out a angelic laugh.

‘What was he laughing about anyway?’

Then you realized you had been openly ogling him. Flustered at the fact you were caught giving him a onceover, you looked up to his face to see his eyes suddenly staring at you with an unexpected intensity.

~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter