First Party

Mismatched Lovers
--------------------[3 Months Later; July]--------------------
 
"What'd you get?" So Eun asked.
"97%. you?" I said as I showed her my test.
"ugh... 75%....."
"Hey, that's passing."
"Yeah but my parents will kill me".
"We still have a few more midterm before the finals. You can bring up your grade" I gave her a pat on the back.
"Why are you so smart?"
"It's called studying".
"Yeah but you're always hanging out with Jae Rim oppa. How do you do it?". She shook my shoulders.
"Not all the time. We really just sit and study together". I said.
"Yeah, flirting and studying"
"Not even. I think he has a girlfriend. Whenever we're at the cafe. Plus, he's filming a drama. Remember?"
"Oh yeah, that moon one. And are you talking about that girl with the bleached hair?"
"Yeah that girl".
"Ugh, I don't like her. He could do a lot better. Like you!"
"Yeah, I sort of regret my decision rigth now"
"UGH! I told you Ji Hee!"
"Yeah, it's too late though. I think they're going on a date tonight. I sort of peaked at his text conversation with her".
"Let's crash it!"
"You can go crash it yourself. I'll stay behind and study".
"Ji Hee. Stop studying! Let's have fun for once! My cousin is having a party tonight. There will be college guys" She nudged.
"Yeah, no thanks. Not my scene."
"You are such a party pooper. If you're not having fun we can just leave and watch a movie something. Just come with me please. I don't want to be alone." she begged. 
"You promise?"
"Yes.... have I ever broken a promise to you?"
"No....."
"Ok good. Meet at my house at 11."
 
------------------[11:00 PM]--------------------
"Geez you are on time" So Eun said.
"What, I was bored. You look cute".
"Cute enough for college boys to hit on me?" she said as she flipped her hair.
"Yeah sure. Why not".
"You're not so bad yourself. Let's go!"
We walked a few blocks and I can hear music blasting from this one house.
"My god you live close to your cousin" I said.
"Yeah, we pretty much grew up with each other" She says as she opened the door. 
When the door opened, the smell of alcohol overwhelmed both of us. There are maybe about 50 people in this 2 bedroom house. It was so warm in there that all the windows started to fog. So Eun walks in and finds her cousin.
"Hi unnie!" she says and gives her a hug. 
"So Eun! I'm so glad you made it. And you finally brought a friend!" she says.
"This is Ji Hee"
"Hi" I said and shook her hand.
"Here. Have fun you two" She says and hands us drinks. 
"What is this" I yell in Ji Hee's ear.
"I don't know. Probably a mix of drinks. She makes the best mixes".
I taste it and it tasted nice a fruity. No hint of alcohol. "Is there alcohol in this?"
"Yeah. Be careful!" She grabs my hand and walks over to the couches. Luckily there is enough space for the both of us.
"Hey So Eun. Haven't seen you in a while". This guy comes up to us as he holds a beer in his hand and a cigarette in the other.
"Hi Dong Gun-ssi. I've been busy. This is my friend, Ji Hee".
"Hi nice to meet you." He grabs his beer with the other hand with the cigarette and shakes my hand. 
"How did she convince you to come to this lame party?" he asked me.
"It's not lame. It's pretty cool I must say. Honestly, it's my first time at a college party."
"Don't say that" So Eun says as she shoves me. 
"Oh. oops". I said embarrassingly. 
"haha it's cool. You two have fun alright?" he says and leaves.
"He's so cute...." So Eun says.
"You think everyone is cute" I say
"Ok, that may be true. But he's also really nice".
"How'd you meet him?"
"I met him when I ran into my cousin a year ago. His cousin is good friends with my cousin so I guess they were just hanging out. He's a year older than us but he's so mature".
"Man, you're cousin knows a lot of people".
"Yeah, she's really cool. I want to be just like her!"
"Does he have a girlfriend?"
"Dong Gun? Not that I know of. But there's always girls gawking over him. Makes me so angry. Thank God he never gives them the time of day". she says as she looks at him.
"You sure he's not gay?" I asked
"NO! He can't be!"
"Ok, calm down. This drink must be really strong. Or you just can't handle your alcohol." I say as I see she's already finished her whole cup.
"I can handle my alchohol alright" she says. She looks at her cup and realizes she finished it all so she grabs my cup and finishes it. "I'm going to get another one. You want one?"
"Just a little" I say.
She leaves and gets another drink. Other people go up to her and says hi. So Eun seems so social. All the guys like her. Especially at school. I can see So Ra's boyfriend look at her every now and then. I wonder why she doesn't have a boyfriend. 
The party goes on past midnight and we both are getting tired. We start to head out before the party dies down. Before we leave she wanted to say bye to Dong Gun. They talk for a good 5 minutes before he hugs her and they part ways.
"So, Dong Gun" she says.
"What about him?" I ask.
"I think I really like him. I never realized it until a few weeks ago but whenever he's there, I get really happy. He also treats me too well. He messes with my mind too much." she says.
We arrive at her place and we both get ready for bed. Her bed is big enough to fit the both of us but not so large as for us to have a lot of space. She turns around and faces me.
"You think he likes me?" she asks.
"I don't know. I've only seen him for a total of probably 5 minutes" I say. I don't want to get her hopes up because he really could just be a nice guy.
"I see...... I mean it's cool. I think".
"Don't think too much about it. We're still young. So many guys are eyeing you So Eun." I say.
"Like who huh?" she says.
"Wait, are you serious?" I say in astonishment. Does she really not know that guys are always looking at her?
"Yeah. What are you talking about?"
"So Eun. So Ra's boyfriend is always looking at you. Same for the class president. Even the guys in the class next to us. They always pass by the window to just get a glance of you."
"I think they're looking at you"
"They are definitely not looking at me".
"Yeah, but they're so immature. I can't with high school guys."
"Dong Gun is also in high school." I say.
"Oh yeah.... Well, you know what I mean"
"I guess. Good night".
"Night"