Hands on me

Hands on me

Mino detaches his eyes from television screen and steals glances at Seungyoon who is sitting on the other end of couch and watching TV. Seungyoon is so focused on the drama shown on TV, eyes squinting and biting the tip of his thumb. It is the thing he does when he’s nervous or focusing on something. Mino’s eyes follow his thumb to his fingers.

He really thinks Seungyoon’s slender fingers are just so beautiful. So beautiful that he always wants to hold them or be touched by those pale slim fingers and feel them on his skin. But there is something always bothering him. That is, Seungyoon never let him touch or hold them for long. Whenever Mino tries to hold his hands and play with those fingers, he would always withdraw them from his hand. And he just cannot understand why.

Being a warm hearted leader, Kang Seungyoon likes to treat people affectionately and is always generous with skin ship also. There is no member he hasn’t hugged tight or slung his hand around their shoulders. However, he just hugs, pats their shoulder or back only through fabric of the clothes.  Means, he would not touch them where their skin is exposed or when they are not wearing any shirt. So technically speaking, those are not really skin ship after all.

Usually, Mino would just let it slide when Seungyoon refuses to let Mino touch his hands. But today he suddenly gets so curious and decides to find out why. So he calls him_

“Seungyoon! Kang Seungyoon!!”

“Imm?”

Seungyoon just replies with a soft “Imm?” He doesn’t turn to look at his way and just keeps his eyes on TV.

Mino shifts himself to other end of couch to sit beside Seungyoon. He grabs his hand and traps the fingers between his two palms. As expected, Seungyoon immediately tries to free his hand from Mino’s grip. But this time, Mino is not letting them off. Seungyoon gets frustrated and says_

“Mino ya~ Don’t be like that! Let go of my hand.”

Mino even tighter the grip and questions back_

“Ok! Now we need to talk! Why don’t you let me hold your hand? Or never hold mine? It’s been bothering me for so long and I must know why. Tell me!”

Seungyoon realizes Mino won’t let it slide until he gets some answer.

“Ahh.. It’s just.. It’s just.. “

Seungyoon is not watching TV anymore and seems to be contemplating over something for certain moment. Mino just waits silently till Seungyoon starts speaking_

“I.. I have complex about my hands Mino, especially my fingers. They are so ugly and rough. I hate them. And I’m afraid people would feel uncomfortable being touched by those.”

Mino is utterly surprised by his leader’s answer. Before he could control himself, he blurts out_

“What? That’s your reason? Do you have any idea how it’s driving me crazy because I am so in love with your fingers and you never let me touch them or touch me?”

Seungyoon’s eyes widen. And Mino’s also. He’s shocked by his own answer which comes out weirder than he thought. He doesn’t want Seungyoon to think he’s some kinda psychopath who’s obsessed with people’s hands.

“Oh.. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just so in love with you that I find everything about you beautiful. I don’t just love your fingers.. I love you and all of you.”

Crap! After saying those out loud, Mino realizes what he just did. He just frigging confesses his love for Seungyoon. Although everyone in the group recognizes their special attachment and affection toward each other, they have never admitted openly that way. He’s so nervous that he doesn’t dare look at Seungyoon and just lowers his head.

“Mino ya~”

Seungyoon gently calls out his name and puts his other hand on Mino’s lap, palm upward. His palm has color of pink with a hint of red. A few callouses are clearly visible and there is some peeling skin.

“Look at here. You really think they are beautiful?”

Seungyoon sounds so small and insecure. Mino seems annoyed when he heard the question. He pouts a little and replies_

“That shouldn’t even be questioned. Yes.. I think they are. They are the most beautiful hands I have ever seen in my whole life. And you know why I think so?”

Seungyoon shakes his head in response. Mino continues_

“Because I know how you get those in the first place. Who wouldn’t get calloused and rough hands when they play guitar for hours and hours like you? You are always pushing yourself harder and trying to compose new songs for the group. It breaks my heart to see you play guitar till your fingers numb. And it breaks it even more when I want to soothe them pained fingers and you wouldn’t let me. So DON’T DON’T DON’T ever think that your hands are ugly and try to hide them, especially from me. They are beautiful. As beautiful as any hand could be. Maybe even more.”

After Mino finishes talking, he slowly raises his eyes to Seungyoon’s face who is now smiling and his face, softens with certain emotion. Seungyoon seems to be deeply moved by his words. Mino notices tears start forming in Seungyoon’s eyes.

In one swift movement, Mino lifts Seungyoon and moves him to sit onto his lap. He presses their forehead together and whispers_

"You are so damn stupid and wrong if you really think a few callouses can stop me from loving you! Because I am even in love with those callouses. That’s how much I love you Kang Seungyoon. Do you hear me?"

He places his soft lips on Seungyoon's. Seungyoon smiles against Mino's mouth and nods slightly in response to his question. Mino holds Yoon's hands up and let them cup his face. Now Seungyoon's not afraid of his rough calloused hands touching Mino's skin anymore. He gently caresses Mino's cheeks and feels him melts into his touch.

"I love you too Mino. With all my heart!"

Seungyoon doesn't say these words out loud but somehow Mino seems to have heard them and deepens the kiss till they both become breathless.