SEVENTEEN.

Runaway You

Your eyes couldn’t leave her porcelain complexion; she was too good to be real.

“This must be her, right oppa?” she threw a cute smile at him.

Even you were enamored of her voice. You unconsciously observed Seungcheol’s calm face waited for him to clarify something she was thinking.

You scanned her from hair to toe that looks contrary to you. She was wrapped by fluffy navy winter coat beautifully. Unlike you, a country girl with yellow the Simpson sweater and a pair of jeans. Her brownish hair framed her oval face with bangs cutely. Meanwhile, you had to tie your hair up so it wouldn’t cover your eyes that looked exceptionally stupid.

“So, this is Somi,” he introduced her casually, finally he got your signal after he took forever “she is Wonwoo’s sister. My friend from Seoul, remember?”

You reached Somi’s stretched hand and smiled meekly, “Cho Eunhee, from Daegu,” you mumbled and slightly embarrassed by your obvious introduction. You eyed at Seungcheol for a second to let him continued.

Seungcheol felt an unconventional atmosphere between the girls in front of him; was it a look of rivalry? Being the mediator among them, he cleared the throat as an outset.

“Can we talk for a bit, Somi?”

Seungcheol directly dragged the youngest arm to the emptier area of the restaurant, leaving you with more question and a tinge of worry.

“How did you get here?” he asked, frowning at her.

“From Wonwoo oppa.” She replied casually.

“Did he—I mean, what’s the purpose?”

“he told me that you’re busy in your hometown but nor you or oppa didn’t tell me not to go and because I’m too bored in Seoul I decided to come here.” Somi’s bright face suddenly dimmed into a creased, “do you not like me here, oppa?”

“No. Just—,” He face-palmed pathetically, “You shouldn’t be here. I have to do important work.”

“With her?”

His furrowed deepened. He was thinking of his promise again not to let you been exposed to people; at least the people in his doubted list. “Eunhee has nothing to do with my duty, she is an old friend I accidentally met.”

“Did she meet Wonwoo oppa?”

“She did. The others too.”

Somi beamed sweetly, “Okay, then we are all friends. Don’t worry oppa, I’ll keep it secret from uncle Choi.”

Before Seungcheol could speak, Somi turned away to your direction and familiarizing herself with you. Three of you ended up had dinner together. Unexpectedly, you and Somi got along, she was very bright and smart. She told you a lot about her affection for the city since it wasn’t her first time here.

-

The dinner ended up being a babysitting session for Somi for Seungcheol, he had to keep reminding her to lower her voice when she told something excitingly or keeping her from spilling something he didn’t like to be exposed like his life in Seoul. But to you, Somi’s stories were interesting to listen. She was so different from what you had thought, even though she’s only 18 but she could open a fun topic. She told you a lot about her interest in business, and sometimes Somi and Seungcheol discussed something out of her mind, she ended up as spectators. She wouldn’t deny she didn't envy Somi’s intelligence that she didn’t have.

Time flew quickly until Seungcheol realized it was almost late when the girls were busy talking about which flowers they wanted for their wedding in the future, he slipped out from his seat to call someone.

“Hello,” he said after the receiver picked up, “Your sister is here with me now, Wonwoo”

“What? What is she doing there?”

“I think I should’ve been asking you that, you know she can’t be here now. Since you were the one who told her that I’m here, do you mind to explain, Wonwoo?” as he expected, Somi must had run from home without anyone’s knowledge.

“Okay, I know it’s my fault hyung, I apologize for her nuisance.” Wonwoo sighed in exasperation over the line, “But I can’t supervise her every time. You know she can be reckless sometimes, right? And you know what she could do when it’s about you, hyung.”

“I understand. But can you please take over this situation? It’s late and she has nowhere to stay tonight.” Seungcheol suggested, not wanting to provoke even the smallest trouble, he was enough with himself.

“don’t worry hyung, she’s there with her chauffeur, I’ll tell him to pick her up. Thanks for watching over her.” With that, he cut the phone. Seungcheol came back to the table and squinted his eyes.

“What are you doing, Eunhee?” he asked her.

You were gulping a whole bottle of soju in front of Somi and him and earning a consternation look from Seungcheol. The bitterness and a strong scent of the drink overflowing your system made you shivered. “Unnie said soju tastes bad, I asked her how bad is the taste and she drank it all. She is awesome.”

Seungcheol’s frown deepened as he shook his head in disbelief. You faced him and smiled, pretending to look okay when your stomach reacted to the liquid quickly. You started to burp repeatedly.

“You aren’t allowed to drink that at any stake, Somi. You know that,” he told her sternly. Making her upset and looked down at the floor.

You in the other hand felt bad for her as you glared at Seungcheol, he glared back and whispered, ‘what?’

“Somi, don’t be sad. Please don’t mind what he said,” She cooed closer to the girl.

Seungcheol let out a disbelief gasp, “excuse me…?”

“You know he just cares about your health.” With that Somi’s lifted her face again.

“I just asked. I know it very well I’m underaged, but you told me as if I was a dumb kid.” She pouted at him. Seungcheol was taken aback at her argument and felt guilty out of sudden.

“It’s late, I already told Wonwoo you are here, and he said your chauffeur will pick you up soon.” Seungcheol said with a softer voice, “do you want something to eat, Somi?”

She didn’t protest when he told her that, instead she was excited Seungcheol treated her food. She rushed to order immediately. When she was busy picking food, Seungcheol knew you hiccupped and turned to you.

“Do you need more water?” he offered. You shook your head and drank a glass of water. Fortunately, you stopped hiccupping, but the strong scent of the drink wouldn’t go anytime soon.

“Moron” he mumbled,

“what did you say?”

Seungcheol shook his head, “nothing” and smiled secretly.


AUTHOR NOTE:

I'll update soon. I know it's so slow. But I promise there will be a conflict soon. I'm working on it.