Backstage

Backstage

  No Mercy, the survival show went to the end and now everyone was waiting for new boy group to debut. Fans for 10 episode watched, how those talented boys were trying to climb to the end and get their deserved prize, their debut. There were many unexpected incidents, fights, tears. Which is normal for show business. Under the rule of the jungle, the weak gets devoured. But those days people enjoy watching how others are dying for prize, which is so simple for us but everything for the them. And K-POP isn’t exception. Korean show business is the dirtiest and toughest among all. Companies treat their idols like a dogs. Will you bring money? They will give you a good treat. But if you won’t, the answer is simple: Group will disband or the most problematic member will kicked out from the group. For many people K-POP is rainbows and unicorns, where all the members love and support each other. BUT NO. Everything you see is what company wants to show you. Every idol is different backstage. In most of groups members hate each other or have picked up one member and bully him, before he can’t stand more and leaves the group. And one of them is Changkyun from Monsta X, who’s lying in his bed and looking at the ceiling. After unfairly put in the 8th episode in No Mercy, boys hate him. They never say it loud, but always giving him hints that he’s extra there. And this is the reason why, hungry Changkyun is he stuck in his room, because other members are eating in the kitchen right now and every time he sat with them, one by one, boys left the room and whispered something like “I lost my appetite” behind him, but made sure he heard them. That’s why he’s waiting when they will leave, so he can eat peacefully, but of course smaller portions, than other members are eating. Then through the door, he hears how boys walk by and laughing at something. So he sighs and stand up from the bed, waits minute one or two, before walking out from the room and entering the kitchen. He takes box of ramen and boils the water. Of course managers know about this bitter relationship between boys and Changkyun, but this is way too normal for K-POP industry, so they close their eyes on it. Minhyuk walks by the kitchen and looks inside.

“Manager said we have special fanmeeting tomorrow. Work hard.” He smiles at him, but this is the most fake and sarcastic smile you can even imagine.

“Yeah you too, work hard…” Changkyun calmly says and Minhyuk’s smile goes even deeper and forced. Then he walks by and Changkyun again sighs. He stands up from the chair and turns of the oven. He puts his plate of ramen and quietly eats it, alone in the empty room, which seems even bigger and emptier for him.

  Next day manager woke up everyone to take them to their first special fanmeet with fans. Maybe they have fake friendship between each other, but 7 of them sincerely love their fans. They sat in the van. Changkyun is always sitting to the edge, in front of the window. He puts his earphones in his ear, because no one will ever talk to him on the whole way and plays his favorite hip-hop songs. He puts his head on the window and closes his eyes, road is long so he has a bit time to sleep. After they arrive, they walk into the small park, beginner groups use this place for their first fanmeets. Fans already were waiting for them and boys with a huge smiles on their faces, walked on this little scene. It was so exciting moment for all of them. Those kind of moments are the most important memories for idols, like first meeting, first video filming, first stage and etc. So everyone was happy, boys and fans, who finally meet each other. Meeting was going good, everyone was joking, but of course, without doubts there were staged scenes. Boys were joking over something, when Minhyuk back hugged Changkyun and sweetly said “Our maknae~”. FAKE. Then Wonho add “We treasure our maknae so much!”. LIE. Changkyun was so done with those lies and showing this fake friendship in front of people. He wasn’t used to it and he doesn’t want to get used to it. But he keep smiles and acts back, because it is his job, to make his fans happy, no matter how fake he should become. When the fans left, everything went to normal, 6 of them together celebrating their first fanmeet and Changkyun alone from the corner is looking at them, they brought him in this restaurant, because they are aware of the paparazzi, because if they spot them without Changkyun, there will be many rumors, which everyone wants to avoid. Soon they went back to the dorm, because they should wake up early.

  It was already 10 pm when Changkyun was putting his jacket on and walking to the door, when Jooheon spotted him.

“Where are you going?” He asks and Changkyun gives him cold look.

“Nowhere.” He says calmly and walks out. Jooheon bitterly snorts and drinks a water and also puts his jacket on and leaves the dorm.

“Where does he wandering every night?”

And quietly walks behind him.


So this is my first chapter, hope it's not very boring ;-;