Final

Through These Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Standing outside the hall, you waited along with the others to enter. Giggling and murmurs could be heard from all around. They were excited and talked about the boys. Because it was crowded, you hugged your bag closer, inside was something special you've been working in during your free time over the last 3 years. You were nervous, it will be your first time going up on that stage and meeting him up close. You never had luck with fan signs and this time you were going to make use of it. The staff on site called out loudly over the chattering and asked the fans to go on in in an orderly manner. The murmurs got louder as did the excitement as the anticipated time neared.

You settled down at the assigned seat, you were quite close to the stage which meant you will have better quality photos for this session. Taking out your camera from your bag, you held onto it as the rest for the fans filled the hall. You couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of the fans. They were holding fan boards, slogans, pictures of members and their official light stick. On their faces were expressions of excitement, asking each other what they were going to ask the members. You wanted to catch those raw expression on camera.

It wasn't long when the boys came on stage, erupting cheers from the fans. You got startled by the sudden loud cheers, this wasn't your first fan meeting but you still cannot get used to it after years. The boys stood in a row and waved to the fans causing them to scream even louder. A smile spread across your face as you watched him greet.

"Come and get it Got7! Hello, we are Got7." He looked handsome as always. They individually greeted the fans. "Ahgasae, how are you all?" Jackson asked the crowd. "Good!"

"Did all of you wait in the cold?" Jinyoung asked and the fans said yes in reply. "Aigoo, you must have been cold. Make sure you all are dressed warmly okay?"

"Ne!" Thoughtful Jinyoung, always thinking about the fans. "We missed you all a lot." A wave of 'aw' spread through the fans and you bit back a smile. They sure know how to sweet talk. "Let's have a good time today alright?"

With that said, they got into position and performed the sing they are currently promoting and the fans sang and chanted along. You watched and made sure to focus on that one particular member as he danced and sing, even performing some fan service. He scanned the crowd and stopped in the direction of your area. Your eyes momentarily widened he looked right at you, he arched his brows before breaking into a smile. Did he just spot you in the crowd?

Dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans, he paired it with a grey cardigan that moved along with him as he danced. His red brown hair bounced as he jumped or turn making his hairstyle fluffier than before. He would glance at your direction when he was near your area and you couldn't help but smile as he threw in some lip bites and winks making the fans go wild. You noticed that the looked a little more excited and looked like he was putting in more effort in doing fan service this time round.

After the short performance, they all sat down at the tables before the staff ushered the fans onto the stage. You watched him greet fans one by one, talking to them with smile on his face. The fans on the floor shouted their names in order to get their attention and they would wave or used the microphone to interact with them. He sat there and waited for the next fan to come up to him. He looked in your direction again and stared right at you. He wriggled his fingers in a wave when you looked up. He opened his mouth and discreetly mouthed, "You came." Smiling, you gave him a small wave.

He recognised you. It has been like this for a while now, whenever you attend their fan meetings or performance, he will acknowledge you when he sees you. It's thoughtful of him to remember his fans and it felt nice that he remembers you.

You remembered the very first time you saw him. You were waiting outside JYP Entertainment because your friends dragged you there saying that 2PM will be around and they want to catch a glimpse of them. Back then, he was still a trainee. He came walking down the road in a white wifebeater, track pants and a snapback on his head. Not many fans outside took notice of him but somehow you couldn't tear your eyes away. There was something about him that drew you to him. Maybe it was the way he walked, his lean arm muscles or maybe it was his facial features, you never did find out. With your digital camera, you secretly took a few shots of him as he walked into the building. You didn't know his name but you knew that you would look out for him in the future.

The second time you saw him was by pure coincidence. You suddenly felt like taking some photos of the night scene and with permission from your parents, you left the café for Han River. Walking along the trail, you took random photos of whatever that inspired you. The night lights bouncing of the river, the street lamps, people cycling etc. It wasn't until you chance upon a court that you stopped. There were a group of boys playing a game. Their face were sheared with sweat as they ran around the court. They erupted in cheers as the ball made the loop, bright expressions dawn on their faces as they laughed. One of the guys said something to another guy before screaming "Hyung!" as he got chased by the other. You bit back a smile and moved to one side before lifting your camera. You didn't want to be seen as a stalker or as someone weird. It was on your fourth shot that you realised that one guy looked familiar. "Ah." You blurted out to no one in particular, there was a distance between you and the court and there wasn't anyone around you. It was the guy from the other time. He looked tired from the game but nevertheless wore a bright expression. He wiped his face with his t-shirt, showcasing his abs. You subconsciously took a photo of him and looked down at the screen. It was a candid shot but it looked like a photoshoot. With a few adjustments, it will become a great photo.

Your phone sounded, startling you and quickly answered turning away from the court. "Honey, we're closing soon. Where are you it's late." You took a look at your watch and your mother was right, you've been out for 3 hours now. "I'll come back now."

"Be careful on your way back, you hear me?"

"I will. See you later." You hung up, placed your phone in your back pocket. Hoping to catch a glimpse of that guy once more, you turned around only to find the court empty. In a distance you could make out a few guys walking in the opposite direction away from you. "Didn't get your name again." You uttered before going your own way. It was probably that day that he became your muse.

You finally found his name when he debuted in 2012 under a duo called JJ Project. He had blonde hair and fringe that occasionally changes colours ranging from pink to blue. The songs in the album were nice and catchy. You quite enjoyed listening to them and even asked permission from your parents to play their song in the café, saying that it will make it more trendy and appealing to the younger crowd.

He was also the very reason you applied for your first fan meeting. Having not been to one, you didn't know the process for applying and seek help from friends who gladly helped saying that they have another one on board their K-pop ship. Then, you stood in the midst of the crowd and contemplated whether you made the right choice coming here. You were very close to regretting but when he came out, inside you knew that it was a trip made worthwhile. That day was a day to remember.

He waved to the fans as his partner conversed with them. He looked at the sea of fans and somehow made eye contact with you. He squinted his eyes and craned his neck to the side before sitting up straight. He lifted up one hand, he pointed at you and back to himself before mimicking a camera motion as if asking if you were focusing him. You looked up shocked and he raised his brows before you timidly nodded. You weren't sure if he was ‘talking’ to you, he could be talking to anyone else around you. He broke into a beautiful smile and nodded. From then on, when he recognised you, acknowledging you is a given thing.

At first it started with just a nod or a thumbs up. It was probably after he came back as the leader of an idol boy group, Got7, did his fan service changed or upgraded. There were times you would catch him staring at you, occasionally putting on some cute gestures. Other times he would mouth something to you. You were very sure he knew you by face.   

Back to present time, you interchanged between taking videos and taking photos. He stopped halfway and took off his cardigan revealing his toned arms. Fans screamed at his action and he grinned before greeting the next fan. Being one of the last few for the fan sign, there was still quite a number of fans before it was your turn. As there were already a crowd of fans on stage, the staffed paused the queue and made sure that there is a steady pace of fans on the stage. With that short waiting time, he glanced at you. "Greet me." He mouthed before shooting you a grin. You shook your head playfully and his brows raised. You shrugged and snapped a photo of his surprised expression. That was going into your collection. Before he could do anything else, another fan was brought on stage and he greeted her with a small smile. Remembering what your friend’s favour, you took out your phone and typed a short note. Looking up, you wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter