Far Away From You

Long Distance Relationship (One-Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong kook is known to be a workaholic but he worked hard for a reason. He did for the sake of his future and the family that he planned on to build with his soon to be soulmate. He has been with Song Jihyo for 2 years plus now and it's about anytime that he will popped that question to her in a matter of time.

However, his work is in the way. He will be based in the US for a year as he will produce a solo album and plan concerts and activities with the organizers there, with the help of his good friend.

It's been 4 years since his last solo album and he wanted to make a comeback with a good album with great songs that listeners will never expect from him.

He did not want to go to and fro from Korea to LA for his work schedules especially when they know how tough it is to create a good album. He thinks it's best if he stayed there for at least a year to complete everything before returning home.

He told Jihyo about his plan and initially, they wanted to settle down at the end of the year this year but because of his work, they had to postpone to next year.

He can produce his album even after they were married but he is afraid that he will have commitments like having a baby in the future as he wanted to be a family man.

She knew it was one of his wish to produce a solo album in a long time and so, she decided to fulfill this wish of his.

"Oppa...if this wish of yours will make you happy, I am willing to sacrifice our marriage till next year. I don't want you to have regrets and plus as your girlfriend, I only want you to be happy because that's all that matters to me..." She gave this message as a way of telling him that she agreed with his plans.

She sent him off to the airport that very day that he will be leaving to Los Angeles, United States. As much as she wanted him to be here with her in Korea, she knew it is the right choice to let him go for his career.

They arrived at the departure gate and stopped to bid their farewells for the last time.

"This is it jagiya......." He too couldn't bear to leave her but he had asked Kwang soo to lookout for her while he is away.

"Oppa........" She hugged him tight on his chest with tears flowing from her eyes which made his shirt wet from her tears.

"You know I couldn't bear to leave you too right? I will be back before you know it. One year will passed very fast, trust me" He patted her head and wiped her tears away as he held back his tears.

She was still sobbing trying hard to speak, "I will...miss you...so very much oppa......"

"I will miss you too! Don't cry anymore, jagiya. I can't leave seeing you like this....."

"Kure..." She wiped her tears away. "I am okay now oppa...You have to go now or else you will miss your flight!"

"You sure you will be okay, Jihyo yah?" He still have some doubts

"Yes oppa!" She tried to smile at him. "Just go...don't worry about me!"

"Kure I will go in now...Wait for me jagiya. Once I am back, I will ask your parents for your hand in marriage. I promise you!"

She nodded in acknowledgement.

They waved their goodbyes as he entered in the gate until she no longer could see his back anymore.

Everyday without fail, they would facetime each other asking about their day. During their good and the bad times. When there's setbacks, she wished her boyfriend was there with her. Someone whom she can run to where she feel protected and safe to tell her everything will be alright. But as for now, she could only tell him verbally through facetime.

"Mianhae Jihyo yah...I couldn't be there with you when you are sad to hug you, to wipe away your tears or kiss you to assure you things will go okay but I could only talk to you hoping at least you could feel some comfort with my words...."

"Gwenchana oppa....I understand your situation. At the very least, I could still talk to you about it and see your face...."

As days, months passed, they continued doing the same routine to make their love alive. 2 months has passed, she missed him more than ever. She tries to get by without him around and get used to it till a year.

It was her birthday and every year he is always there to celebrate her birthday together. This year was just different. She felt sad knowing that she will not be with him this year.

A videocall came when the clock striked 12am in Korea!

(It's 16 hrs difference between LA and Korea)

"Oppa!!!" She was extra excited to see him as it was the day of her birthday and he was the first to wish her.

He held a cake with candles that was already lighted up at the other side in LA and sang at the same time,

"saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

sarang ha neun, Song Jihyo

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

Jagiya...blow out the candles!" She blew out the candles as though there those candles right infront of her.

Jong kook on the other side blowed the candles for real.

"Gomapseumnida oppa!" She was very delighted to hear his voice

"It's 12am now on 15 August in Korea isn't it?"

"Neh oppa. Waeyo?"

"Phew lucky I called you at the correct time. We have a time difference remember?"

"Neh I almost forgot!"

"I got this small cake for you!"

"It's nice oppa..."

"Come jagiya...Let me feed you! Open up your mouth!" She opened wide and pretended the cake was inside

"Yum...Now who is going to eat that cake for real then? I know you don't eat cakes!"

"Since it's your birthday today, I will eat it for you. Just for this year!"

"Jinjja? Eyy oppa...I don't believe you..."

"You don't believe me? I'll show it to you then!" He put a piece of the cake right into his mouth and swallowed it. Now you believe me Jihyo yah?"

Jihyo on the other side just laughed at his actions, "Neh neh. Wish you were here with me oppa!" "

I wish I was too...." He frowned. "I will celebrate with you next year and many years after that okay?"

"Promise?" She showed her pinky finger.

"Promise!" He pinky promise her through the videocall. "What will you be doing today jagiya?"

"Nothing much. I'll go for work as usual and only return home after that. Wae?"

"Nothing. I am just checking since I am not around. Kure go to sleep after this, arasso birthday girl?"

"Neh oppa...."

In the morning, Kwang soo came over to her house and brought a bouquet of roses and a gift for her.

"Ohh kumowo Kwang soo ah..How did you know I like roses?"

"Your only man will know your everything but this was not from me. It's from Jong kook hyung! I was just taking orders from him since he is away..."

"Jinjja? Aishh that oppa...He didn't tell me when he videocalled me earlier!"

"This is meant to be a surprise, noona! If he had told you earlier, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore! Anyway noona, open up the gift!"

"Kure...."

She slowly untie the ribbon that was tied to the gift and then opened up the box. To her surprise, it was a picture locket necklace with both of Jong kook and Jihyo's picture in it.

"Wahhhh....." She was surprised to see their pictures together.

"Do you like it noona? Hyung told me to personalized it with both of your pictures..."

"Jinjja? This is so lovely and sweet!"

"You like it, noona?"

"Like it? I love it, Kwang soo ah!"

"Then wear it noona!"

"I sure will! I can't wait to show it to oppa later...."

He helped her with we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter