First Things, First

Unintentional
Please log in to read the full chapter

The very first thing Minho falls in love with is Jonghyun's voice.

Maybe it was the pure talent of Jonghyun that ensnared him. Or maybe it was just the way that Jonghyun's eyes changed when he opened his lips to let the music flow out of his throat. It could have been how passionate and happy Jonghyun seemed when the fans cheered for him, for his voice to climb higher and higher until everyone listening got chills.

Minho would deny the fact that he always sneaks peeks at Jonghyun in his element; large eyes shining brightly while his lips begin to curve into a lazy smirk, the music becoming the background for Jonghyun's voice.

He would also deny that the veins appearing when the vocal hit the high notes were extremely attractive. 

Minho brushes the first tell-tale signs of love off as admiration and appreciation for Jonghyun's capabilities as a singer.

He ignores the electric jolts whenever Jonghyun speaks to him in that special tone Jonghyun has reserved for when his voice gets tired from straining to keep that last note high and steady.

He ignores the pleasant, light feeling curling in his belly whenever Jonghyun's velvety smooth voice envelops him.

He even ignores the shot of happiness that pierces him whenever he calls the singer late at night just to hear that sleepy, gentle voice creep into his awaiting ears. 

Minho refuses to admit that he secretly begs Onew to make all of the member rehearse the songs together just to make Jonghyun sing a little more. 

Minho would never admit that he leans in closer to Jonghyun when he talks- to hear that unique, one-of-a-kind voice go right into his ear and straight into his heart. 

Minho even refuses to acknowledge the fact that he purposefully calls Jonghyun late at night because he misses his voice- even when Jonghyun is out of Korea, and the manager scolds him for making an international call that costs more money than ever necessary. He blatantly ignores all the warnings, and claims he forgot the password to his messenger apps on his phone because- if he does use them, he won't be able hear Jonghyun's voice. 

And he never wants a nightmare like that to plague his happy life as a member of SHINee, as a close friend of Jonghyun. Why does that leave a bitter taste in his mouth?

On the stage, he can revel in the lights, smile at the camera- at the audience, at s, at Jonghyun, and have his breath stolen away by the brilliance in his ecstatic smile and sparkling eyes. 

He would dance away the tingling feeling in his heart, and the white in his head, with his bold eyebrows set in a charismatic glare to make the fans' heart go pitter-pattering; not his own. 

Maybe it's inevitable that Minho realizes that he treats his canary differently than the others. His feelings seep out into his actions only weeks after he, himself, notices how gooey his insides feel when he is alone in the recording studio with the shorter male. It's the unconscious smile that slips out when he sees the small man-child bursting with positive energy, that goofy grin of his on full blast as he runs around in the waiting room, energy level high up in the clouds while the

Please log in to read the full chapter