The Interview

Critical Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was so excited. He wanted this from a long time. Since day one in his career, he was determined to be different. To be special. To be Leeteuk. And if there was something to give him what he wanted, it would be today's interview.

Park Leeteuk was a very known and respected figure in the Korean media world. He was a 29 year-old famous singer and songwriter.
He did believe in himself. He believed in his dream of reaching fame and happiness. He wanted to feel loved by a lot. To be idol-ed, church-ed, sacred by a lot. And fame was the medium to gain this dream of his.

He knew very well how this field, media, could be so .... rotten. If he didn't believe it would be so back then, he absolutely became sure now. Since the first year of his career, he had seen how other idols were misused. How they were told to do or say things that would affect their image for the sake of political or economical issues. And how some was even threatened by having their most private secrets revealed to the public. He wasn't always able to decline the orders given to him, so he was used for political and his company's economical services. But he was able to never have anything to be threatened by. Except for his life or his close people's lives. But it will never reach to this point, will it? So he made sure to keep no secrets. He, unlike many of his career mate's, came of a very poor background. He wasn't even fully educated because of that. He had to work in a lot of places that he doesn't even want to recall their memories. His mom and dad had always fought. As far as he can remember, he could never remember them together anyways. He was only told of how a violent his father was. He was violent the much that his mum sent him and his noona to her parents for a couple of months in order to keep them safe until she painfully had to settle on having divorce, which surprisingly was rather quick and smooth. He did reveal to the public in his third year of fame that he came from a poor background and his parents were divorced. But it wasn't until his father's death that he actually revealed the childhood abuse that he got. He had to say so. He was accused by the Korean neticizns of being double-faced for the amount of mourn he showed in his dad's funeral. He would usually ignore such venomous accusations, but they had to move their battle in his own Twitter and IG accounts. He couldn't take it. His mom, his sister and his friends all pitied him. If there was something he hated the most, it would be pity. So accepting the first interview he was asked to have, he made it known to the public that he wasn't some kind of happy go lucky person. He didn't always get what he wanted. He had a terrible past that he doesn't want to recall. A terrible past that had caused him to be less of what he wanted. He was truly wounded inside. He had always been insecure. How can he not if he was mistreated by his own dad, forced to give on many things he wanted, had to watch his friends whine because of school when he had to to mop the small cafe's ground, and many other things that made him break down there in front of the camera. He was relieved and slightly mad next on. He no more was attacked by the netcitizens, and even if he got, his so called Angeles, his fan club's names, would defend on him like if there was no tomorrow. He was safe. For now. But he mad at the fact that he had to let go of all of his pain in public like that. Couldn't they just stop it early?

Unlike any other idol in his country, he made sure to never have scandals. If he ever got one, it would simply a tongue-slip or it would already be an order from the company which means that they'll take care of it later. A side of those scandals, never got any. It was rare when he would date, and when he did, twice, he actually revealed the news himself so no one would use them against him. Honesty is the policy.

And today he was finally going to be interviewed in The Reality of Fame show by one of the worst nightmares a Korean celebrity would have, Kim Hye Jin. The woman was only 44 years old, but she was one of the most famous MC in many shows. She was a famous and tough critic before that and her interest was only on politics, but she changed that. Now she is more interested in crashing the hopes and fame of the Korean celebrities. It seemed like a kind of ho,bby or interest for her. And how did she do so? She mostly relied in exposing the deep and well kept secrets that her guests may have. No one ever knew how she found those secrets. Leeteuk assumed she must had been helped by Intelligence Service, however, he was sure he has nothing to be scared of. she has nothing to use it against him.

Although, his best friend and m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter