Ice Cream on His Lips

Ice Cream on His Lips

It's a hot summer day and you have absolutely nothing to do. School is out, you're off of work today. There's nothing to see on tv. Normally, you would enjoy such a nice day here,  inside, doing activities of lesuire and surfing the net, but man, is this summer heat really kicking the life out of you, even through the closed windows and raging AC.

There is only water to drink and only food to cook, but all you want are some fast snacks to chill with! You then decide, I've got to get out of this house, so you quickly get dressed and ready to head off to the corner store. 

The store is only four blocks away, but the sun is beating down with such anger. Why is it so hot? You consider heading back home. Why torture myself when there's a nice semi-air conditioned couch at home? you think to yourself. Ugh, snap out of it. Junk food may be bad, but i need it right now, and hey, isn't this workout nice? When do you work out? NEVER. Just go to the damn store, it'll be worth it. Walk to the damn store. Finally, you arrive to the sidewalk of the favorite little corner store you went to with your family ever since you can remember. Mom would always buy you those sour red gummy tapes. I'm gonna get some of those you think to yourself. 

You begin walking up the driveway of the store and then it happens... You see his face.

He strolls out of the store, wearing sunglasses, pink colored ice cream from an waffle ice cream cone. Blue jeans, a white t-shirt and red flannel could not have ever looked so damn good. Your heart drops as you see him walking away, in the opposite direction of you. He didn't even notice you.

You walk faster, as there are not other people around. You want to get closer, just to get a closer look at him. You get to the door of the store, but you don't go in. You just hold the handle and stare off at this mysterious man who nearly took your breath away. You let out a loud sigh. Then suddenly, for some reason he stops walking.

You notice he is about to turn around. Wide eyed, you realize how stalker you look, just staring, WTF DO I DO!? you immediately turn around and begin walking the other way. WHERE AM I GOING!? WHAT IS HAPPENING? Youre just about to panic and then you stop in your tracks and think, Oh, this....... This could be my chance to say something to him!! You build up some confidence and prepare yourself for what is about to happen. You turn around just in time to get another look at him, only.... you just bumped into him.

"Woah! I'm sorry!" he says, with pink ice cream smothering his lips.

Your mouth opens at the sight of that and you gasp for air, just a deer in the headlights as you still try to process WHAT JUST HAPPENED. Words! Use your words! Say something!!!!! 

"Oh, nooo, that was me, I didn't see you when I turned so quickly" you say back quickly and awkwardly, still staring at his lips.

He let out a high pitched and childlike laugh and said "Of course you didn't see me, I was behind you." he laughed again. "I'll be more careful, thanks!" he said as he moved around you and began walking in the direction he corrected himself to. 

Just like that, you turned to see him again as you were so bewildered that he was walking away.

Quickly, without even knowing you were about to, you yell to him, "Hey!"

He looks back and lifts up his sunglasses, revealing a confused expression on his face.

You come up with anything, "What flavor ice cream is that?"

"Strawberry!" he yells back.

"Thanks!" you say, and once again, you saw him walking away....

You can't help but think, what is his name?