You can trust us

You Can Trust Us

Junsu glanced up from his desk, where he was bent over a peice of unfinished music. It wasn't the music he was looking at, though.

He was looking at a very certain bandmate who he knew had been acting strangely since he came back from a visit from his home a few days ago. 

What really irritated him was that he never admitted anything was wrong, never. He was the type who didn't voice out his pains because he thought it was going to be a burden to others. He was too nice, really. 

From across the room, Chansung was also lounging on the couch in front of the TV ... but he, too, was not looking at the glowing screen. He was silently watching a hyung of his whom he knew that there was something wrong with - though he hadn't come out to admit it, however obvious it was. He pouted slightly. Does he not trust us? He thought, his gaze following his hyung around the room, and up the stairs into his bedroom. He sighed as the door clicked shut. 

"Junsu hyung?" he caled quietly. He knew that he wasn't concentrating on his work anyway, so he wouldn't be disturbing him anyway. He shuffled over. "You've noticed it as well, haven't you."

Junsu sighed, resting his elbows on his desk as he turned to stare up the stairs. "We all know that something's wrong," he muttered. "Just Khun is too stubborn to admit it."

"Knowing what you mean, I can join in on this conversation," quipped Junho as he threw his bag onto the sofa, ignoring the slight grumble from Junsu's throat about "being tidier". "Hyung is ... not the type to express if there's something wrong."

"He's too nice. And stubborn," said Wooyoung as he walked in through the door of the dorm, locking it behind him. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "And it's something big. Khun hyung doesn't get that moody ... if you can call that being moody." He pointed back to the closed door upstairs.

Junsu tilted his chair back and sighed, twirling his pencil with one hand. "I feel like I aould help him ... but then I don't know how he will react. The only time that he's ever been like this was at the time of his ... DUI accident." the others fell silent for a few moments, before Wooyoung said, "Where's Taec?"

Junho frowned. "I ... think he has schedule photoshoot or something ... I can't remember ..."

"Do you think he knows about how Khunnie hyung is acting?" asked Junho, scratching his head. "Oh wait ... of course he does."

"Duh." Wooyoung rolled his eyes at the younger. "Those two are soulmates, brothers, broamce-lovers, whatever you wanna call it. Two peas in a pod. Of course he knows."

"You should get that finished, hyung," said Junho after a moment of silnce, guestering at the sheet of scribbled music on Junsu's desk. "It's due tomorrow I think ..."

Junsu sighed and slumped over his desk. "I can't concentraate ..." he mumbled. "Not whilst Khun is like this and I don;t know what to do ... I feel like I can't do anything and I should ..."

"HYUUUUUUUUNG ..." moaned Junho, grabbing Junsu's arm. "I told you before not to put everything on yourself, you don't have to be responsible for us, we can handle things too you know ..."

Junsu sighed, then picked up his pencil again, bending over his work, a clear sign that the conversatoin was over. One by one, the others quietly went back to their own jobs. 

A fwe minutes later, the door opened, and Taecyeon came in, closing the door behind him and frowning at the silnce of the dorm. He looked around at the other members, who were quietly doing various things. He stopped for a minute.

"Erm ... guys?" He said, attempting to break the ice. He didn't see nichkhun either. He felt a twinge of worry in his gut, but decided that he was probably in his bedroom, which he shared with himself.

Junsu looked up at him, then gave him a half-hearted smile. Taecyeon saw Junho give Junsu a stern look, like, "I-told-you-not-to-do-that". Taecyeon would have laughed, but the atmosphere was too sombre for that.

"You know what's going on, right?" Said Wooyoung finally. Taecyeon's mind immeadiately flashed back to how strangely Nichkhun had been acting, and he nodded, saying quietly, "If it's about Khun hyung ..."

"Bingo." Chansung looked up too, putting down his notebook and walking over. "I have no idea what's going on with hyung, but I don't like it and Khunnie is too stubborn to admit that anything is wrong."

"I see where you're going ..." said Wooyoung, standing up as well. He took another glance at the stairs, where Nichkhun had disappeared up a while ago. He shifted Junho's gym bag on the sofa and sat down, pulling Taecyeon with him.

"You're pretty much the cloest to Khun hyung," said Junho, looking at him with bg puppy eyes. "I have tried to talk to him but he won't answer. He didn't with the rest of us. You're out last chance, hyung. I really don't think I can go another week, another day, seeing Nichkhun like this ..." he trailed off, biting his lip.

"And it's something serious, by the looks of it," added Junsu, turned around on his chair to look at him. Taecyeon felt himself burning under the gazes of the other members. He shifted slightly, and opened his mouth. "I ..."

"Just try." said Chansung, looking at him with the same pleading eyes as Junho. "If it doesn't work ... well, we'll figure it out when - if - we get to that stage. Please, hyung?"

Taecyeon sighed, remembering how distant Nichkhun hadd started to look lately. He knew that something was wrong - something that wasn't a small matter that Nichkhun would easily brush off. He had never remembered Nichkhun acting so confused and worried, and he knew that if he didn't do something with the others ... 

"I'll try," he decided. Junsu looked at him, a brief expression of satisfication washing over his face. "Try," echoed Wooyoung. "Just try. But I have faith in you hyung - just, at least, get Khun hyung to admit that something is wrong. At least."

"It feels like he doesn't trust us enough to tell us ..." said Junho quietly, so quietly the others almost missed it. Chansung shuffled closer to him and slung an arm around his shoulders, comforting him. "We can just wait, wait for him to stop being the annoyingly nice stubborn hyung he is, and at least open up to Taec."

"I ship Taeckhun ..." mumbled Junsu, a small smirk flitting across his face. Taecyeon's face flushed red. "HYUNG!!"

"Go," ushered Wooyoung. "Best do it now, alone." 

"Good luck," he added after a while.

Junsu raised a fist in a "fighting!" pose, flashing him a small smile.

Taecyeon smiled back, and then turned and walked back up the stairs. 

*A while later*

Taecyeon hesistated outside Nichkhun's door, even though it was his own room as well. He raised his hand - then lowered it. Then raised it again - then stopped. Stop being a , Ok Taecyeon, he scolded himself, then raised his hand and pushed open the door.

He stepped inside, and saw Nichkhun scrolling down something on his phone, his face illumiated by the light of the screen. Nichkhun glanced up at him, and then muttered a quick, "Hi Taec," before clicking the hoome button and placing the phone on his desk. Taecyeon sighed a little at the abrupt greeting. Couldn't he at least be a bit less obvious before trying to act like there was nothing wrong?

"Hyung." Nichkhun looked up in surprise. Taecyeon rarely called him hyung unless it was serious. "Yeah?"

"You can't keep acting like there isn't anything wrong, hyung. It's obvious."

Nichkhun lowered his head and didn't say anything. Taecyeon sighed. Well, at least he wasn't denying it.

"Come on hyung. You can trust us."

Nichkhun looked up slightly, his soft brown eyes staring at him. For a moment, he did nothing. Then, as Taecyeon moved onto his bed, Nichkhun let out a sigh.

Without saying a word, he leaned back onto Taecyeon resting his head on his shoulder. 

Finally, he murmered, "I might tell you later. But I trust you. And the others. I really do."

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Gonna get the first part published for Khunnie's birthday!! *cheers* I WILL CARRY IT ON LATER, DON't WORRY