One

Hit Me Up (Without the Bike)

Taehyung nearly tripped down the stairs in his apartment building, jacket and bag hanging off his left shoulder, toast hanging from his mouth, right shoe untied. He didn't have time to wait for the lift and he hated himself for not setting his alarm earlier.

 

Maybe I should've actually gotten up.” He grumbled to himself, shoving the last of his toast into his mouth as he cleared the third floor.

 

Hand flying from the railing, he pushed himself faster, apologising to the old lady he nearly took out with him. Jumping the last half a flight (he didn't even know he could do that, he has to tell Jiminie.) he sped out the building, almost crashing into the automatic doors. The brunette continued to sprint until he reached a crossing, leaning on the lamp-post to catch his breath.

 

I need ten more alarm clocks..” He breathed to himself, looking at his watch. He had ten minutes and if he remembered anything about this crossing, it could take four minutes to change, four minutes he couldn't spare. Whipping his head left and right, he made the decision he could get across if he legged it. So he stood up straight, took a deep breath and ran.

 

It all seemed to move in slow motion from there, the sound of a car beeping at him buzzing slightly in his ears. He heard someone yell (the lady that was beside him maybe) before he felt a shooting pain on his side, falling and sliding across the ground, eyes blinking dazedly at the figure who barely managed to stay upright on his bike. The stranger took off his helmet and stood up, crouching beside Taehyung and the brunette just blinked against the blurry vision of black leather and blonde hair, trying to find words in the gargle of sounds flooding his ears.

 

It felt like forever before Taehyung's brain caught up with his body, eyes closing instantly at the pain in his side.

 

kid are you okay?” A voice drifted to his ears and if Taehyung wasn't in pain and a state of panic he would say that was probably the most attractive voice he's ever heard. He moved to sit up, wincing the whole way and nodding in thanks to the stranger who helped him up.

 

Yeah yeah just... that hurts.” He murmured, blinking back the need to sleep. The stranger was still talking, pulling out his phone. Taehyung saw the time on the device and suddenly, his body was fully alert again, already moving to stand up.

 

Where the hell are you going?” The stranger called, standing up with him. Taehyung just shook his head, picking up his bag.

 

I've got a test in like, I don't know, super soon I have to go!” He half yelled, holding his side as he reached for his back pack. The motorcyclist sighed and kicked it from his reach, making Taehyung look up.

 

The guy was stunning, Taehyung couldn't avoid that. His eyes were slightly uneven, coated with a thin line of black, his nose was cute and his mouth looked soft, his face framed wonderfully by a platinum blonde fringe.

 

You're not going anywhere until we get you to a hospital kid.” The handsome stranger spoke bluntly and Taehyung whined. They bickered for a few minutes before Taehyung widened his eyes.

 

Are you doing anything important?” The stranger shook his head slowly, eyebrows drawn down in confusion. “Then, take me to my uni, then after my test you can take me to hospital.” Taehyung reasoned, already moving to the strangers bike. Hot motorcyclist just blinked at him a few times but decided it would do, lifting the seat to give Taehyung his spare helmet. Taehyung climbed onto the bike (with some assistance) and put the helmet on, looking at his hands for a few seconds before clinging to the seat below him. The stranger climbed onto his bike and turned around, sighing.

 

No way. I'm getting you there in one piece, hold my waist.” He spoke and Taehyung blinked, before going to protest but the stranger was already pulling his arms around him. Taehyung out for the journey.

 

Hey, kid, we're here.” The stranger was shaking his arms and Taehyung whined before hopping off the bike, removing the helmet to rub at his eyes sleepily. The stranger just smiled and told him to keep the helmet for now.

 

How long you gonna be?”

 

About an hour and a half.” Taehyung mumbled, hand coming to his side. The stranger followed the movement with his eyes before shaking his head.

 

Then I'll see you here in an hour and a half. I'm Yoongi, by the way.” The stranger, Yoongi offered before driving away. Taehyung yelled his own name after him helplessly before turning to walk to his exam hall as fast as he could. He nearly cried when he saw Jimin.

 

Jiminie!” He whined, collapsing against his best friend in what he hoped could be excused for a hug as he handed his jacket, bag and helmet over to the teachers in charge of their stuff.

 

Tae, god I thought you weren't gonna make it I tried calling you like eight times and even Jungkook wa-- Is that a motorcycle helmet?” Jimin asked, eyes following the helmet as it was placed under a table. Taehyung cursed before painting his box smile over his face.

 

Ahh, look, I've gotta go, see you later Jiminie!” He yelled, wincing at the loudness of his own voice and entering the exam hall, thanking every God he knew of that his and Jimin's surnames seated them far away from the other.

 

The exam started off okay, Taehyung being able to answer the first few questions with ease. But when he reached forward with his right arm to get a pen he felt a pain shoot up his side and through his arm, causing him to drop his pencil and duck his head. One of the invigilators picked up the pen for him and asked if he was alright, to which he gave a weak nod.

 

The entire exam was hell from there on, his mind getting distracted by the numbing, bruised pain in his side. He barely finished all of the questions and was ready to cry when he was allowed to stand. His side had seized up slightly, making him walk funny and he really hoped that Jimin and Jungkook weren't watching him as he limped his way out of the exam hall, arm wrapped protectively over his side.

 

Are you okay?” The lecturer asked as he moved to collect his stuff.

 

Yeah I'm fine, just, slept funny I guess.” He laughed and it seemed to work as the teacher just nodded before handing him his things. The brunette took a deep breath when he got outside, looking around for Yoongi. He was still coming right?

 

I have his helmet so.. he can't just not turn up right?” Taehyung muttered, honestly he wanted to go to the hospital right now, he was sure he'd broken a rib or two.

 

Who's helmet?” Jungkook spoke and Taehyung jumped, nearly dropping the headware on the ground.

 

Just a friends um.” Taehyung stuttered, voice faltering at the seriously look Jungkook was sporting right now. Jimin jogged up behind them eyes trained on Taehyungs side.

 

Yeah, something's up with you today Taehyung, what's wrong?” He asked and Taehyung sighed, shoulders slumping as he looked his best friends in the eye.

 

I um. I got hit this morning on my way.” The brunette mumbled. Jungkook's eyebrows shot up and Jimin moved to his side fast.

 

Gosh Taehyung are you okay? You're not seriously injured are you?” Taehyung opened his mouth to reply when a yell of his name cut him off. He turned to see Yoongi leaning against his bike, eyes trained on him, (huh, he did hear his name, Taehyung thought.) The brunette heard Jimin curse behind him before he turned back to his friends.

 

Is that the guy that hit you?” Jungkook whispered and Taehyung wanted to laugh because the younger sounded more starstruck than anything else.

 

Yeah, he's taking me to the hospital.” He supplied, blinking at Jimin as his mouth pulled into a sly grin.

 

Well, you better get going then Tae!” He yelled, both his and Jungkooks hands coming up to push the brunette back. Taehyung stumbled before pouting and mumbling out a goodbye before stumbling over to Yoongi.

 

How was your exam?” He asked casually as he helped Taehyung onto the back of his bike again.

 

It was alright. I don't think I did too great though, the pain in my side just kept growing.” Taehyung spoke and Yoongi laughed lightly as he placed the helmet on his head. Taehyung decided he liked the sound as he leant forwards to wrap his arms around Yoongi's waist. He waved to Jimin and Jungkook before Yoongi sped off and Taehyung nearly screamed.

 

You've bruised your ribs pretty badly.” The doctor spoke and Taehyung sighed in relief, at least he hadn't broken anything. “You're going to have to rest it, no sports or activities that will put a strain on them, take standard painkillers and apply ice.” Taehyung nodded along, trying not to whine. He was bad at staying still.

 

You gonna be alright kid?” Yoongi asked carefully when they were walking down the long corridor that led to the exit. Taehyung nodded, glad they didn't have to wait long at all.

 

Yeah, just, I'm really bad at staying still. This is gonna be difficult.” He mumbled, hands playing with the form of his next appointment to check everything was okay. Yoongi just laughed again.

 

Um, thanks. By the way.” The brunette mumbled and Yoongi blinked, biting back a laugh.

 

For what? Running you over?” He asked, voice tinted with amusement and Taehyung reached out to bat his elbow.

 

No! For taking me to uni and bringing me here.” He spoke through a light laugh before shaking his head, mumbling that he couldn't even laugh. When they reached Yoongi's bike, Taehyung held out his helmet. Yoongi looked between the helmet and Taehyung before raising an eyebrow.

 

You think I'm gonna let you walk home?” He drawled, already moving to lift a protesting Taehyung onto the seat.

 

I can call my friend or my mum it's okay Yoongi really!” He argued but gave up when Yoongi buckled the helmet round his head again before mumbling out his address.

 

It was about halfway to his apartment that Taehyung let his head drop against the blonde's back, even through the helmet he could smell leather. And something else? Coffee maybe? He wasn't sure but he knew he liked it.

 

He tightened his grip on Yoongi's waist a little and sighed. Namjoon and his mother were always telling him to be careful around strangers, and that people on motorbikes were usually bad people but, Taehyung couldn't help but argue with them mentally. Yoongi was both a stranger and motorcyclist (and yes he had run him over but Taehyung had run into the road when he shouldn't of) but he was kind and nice and funny.

 

Taehyung tried to ignore the way Yoongi's gloved hand held onto his gently whenever they stopped at traffic lights, or gave a slightly squeeze to check he was still awake.

 

When they reached his apartment block, Taehyung was surprised to be pulled off the bike into a hard chest. He yelled slightly before looking up.

 

God don't do that Taehyung honestly! If you were late you should've just said!” Namjoon yelled and Taehyung struggled to remove his helmet. “Thanks for bringing him back Yoongi.” Taehyung froze at that, hands dropping from the helmet as he looked between his brother and his saviour.

 

You... You know each other?” He mumbled, shaking his head as Namjoon pulled the helmet off for him.

 

Yeah, he's in my class, you know, the grumpy cat like rapper.” He laughed and Taehyung's eyes widened before he lightly smacked Namjoon's chest, leaning up to his ear.

 

, that's the guy?” He whispered. “I've been crushing on your description of your grumpy rapper classmate for five months and it turns out to be the hot guy who ran me over?” He ranted and Namjoon just shook his head, telling him to thank him.

 

I'm gonna go, let me know if you need anything, Clutz-King over here will give you my number.” Yoongi drawled before whizzing off down the road.

 

Taehyung reached out after him but gave up when his side hurt. He let Namjoon help him up to their apartment before sitting down and taking painkillers. It wasn't until he'd removed his jacket did he see Yoongi's spare helmet dumped beside the door, next to his bag.

 

Joonie, I still have his helmet!” Taehyung called out and he could've sworn he heard his brother curse.

 

That ing.... He did that on purpose.” Namjoon spoke before throwing Taehyung his phone and telling him to copy the 's number.

 

To: Yoongi-hyung 13:45:34

Hey, I've still got your helmet.

 

Taehyung sighed, leaning back against the pillows of his sofa. It was about five minutes later that his phone buzzed.

 

From: Yoongi-hyung 13:51:03

Well kid. Looks like we're gonna have to see each other again. You free tomorrow?