Just To Please You

Just To Please You

Yongseok separated the egg whites from the yolks of the sunny side ups that he cooked. Because he knew Seyoung didn't want them. When Seyoung asked for breakfast, he served it before the older male. Yongseok smiled as he put the plate in front of him.

But Seyoung didn't even look up from his reading. He just took the cup of coffee and sipped. When he was about to leave, he glanced at Yongseok. 

"Don't forget to lock up."

"Yes, of course Seyoung hyung." 

He answered, but the other man was walking away already and didn't hear him. Yongseok thought it was okay, he knew Seyoung was busy. He'd notice him later.

 

A few days after, Seyoung called Yongseok. He was at the market buying fresh fruits. He knew his hyung wanted some apples so he went out to buy some. He was choosing one fruit and was thinking to put it in his cart, when he heard Seyoung hyung calling on the phone.

A smile stretched his lips as he answered. 

"Yoboseyo? Hyung, guess where I am--"

"Yongseok, why didn't you answer right away? Are you in the bedroom?"

Yongseok frowned. "Uhm, no. I'm actually out--"

"What? Who told you to go out? I specifically told you not go anywhere didn't I?"

A small ache in his chest was making him uncomfortable. He put his hand on his chest. 

"I'm so sorry hyung. I was just--"

"No reasons! Go home now. I'll talk to you later."

The call was disconnected. Yongseok knew it was his mistake. He shouldn't have gone out of the house. His hyung explained it was for his safety. He should be punished. It was his fault that Seyoung hyung was angry. He had to go home and make amends. With this thought, he rushed home. He forgot about buying apples.

 

When he got home, Yongseok made dinner. A special dish that was Seyoung hyung' s favorite. He cooked many dishes. So it took him hours to prepare. He should've been tired but he didn't feel any of that. He just felt excited. He couldn't wait to see Seyoung hyung and his reaction.

The doorbell rang at exactly 7 pm. It was time for Seyoung hyung to return. Yongseok rushed to the door and opened it wide. 

"Welcome home!" Yongseok smiled his best smile and waited for his greeting in return. It never came. 

Because Seyoung hyung just walked past him. His stride was big and his actions brisk. It was clear that he was upset. 

"Where did you put it? Where is it?" Seyoung yung asked with restrained anger.

Yongseok got confused. "What are you looking for?"

"What else? The box! That box, where is it?" He said while still rummaging through cupboards and shelves around them.

A weight settled on Yongseok's chest. If he felt uncomfortable earlier, he felt devastated now. Seyoung hyung couldn't be looking for the box. There was just no way. But he looked back at the other man and he seemed determined to find it. 

Suddenly, Yongseok felt his body move on its own. It was answering a command. He moved to one shelf, very low. And he pulled out a black box. He went to Seyoung and placed it in his hands.

Inside, Yongseok was hurting. He wanted to scream. But he knew he couldn't. He shouldn't. So he kept quiet.

Seyoung opened the box and took a small plastic square with a red button at the middle. He looked at Yongseok and gestured for him to sit down. He sat on the sofa. 

"Can I just say one thing, hyung?"

Yongseok waited for Seyoung hyung to look at him but he was busy fiddling with the plastic square in his hands.

"What?" He asked off-handedly.

Yongseok looked at Seyoung and began imprinting him in his memory. He smiled after the process was done.

"Nothing."

Seyoung hyung nodded and without any more words, pushed the red button on the remote control. 

Yongseok's body began the process of shutting down. For good. 

Out of his darkening eyes, he saw Seyoung hyung go out. When he came back, he was with a man. They were smiling at each other. It was clear that love was present.

Unlike with him.

Before all his systems went off, he heard Seyoung hyung call the other man, Yongseok. 

The real man. Unlike him.

And Yongseok shut down for good.

 

 

The End.