Chapter 21- Traces

Project: Experimental Love

It's been a week. They'll be leaving for Japan two days from now. The weather was no good that day, exactly like how it was a week ago; cloudy, dark gray and sorrowful.

"Unnie, you should really touch your food. You've been staring outside that window for an hour."

She didn't really hear it. "Unnie, unnie!"

"Huh, wait. What?"

"Unnie, you should eat. It's already past lunchtime and you haven't touched your food." 

"Ohh. Sulli, I'm not really that hungry. I'll just eat when I'm hungry."

"Okay."

She stayed there for another hour. Victoria saw what was happening with Amber and approached her to try and talk to her. It was the perfect timing since the other members went out.

"What's wrong?  You've been acting weird this past week. Did something happen?"

Amber didn't really want to talk about what happened between her and Key. "Aneyo. It's nothing unnie. I'm fine."

"You expect me to believe you? You're not the type that wouldn't touch your food because of nothing. We've been with each other for more than four years Amber. I can say I know you too well when something's up."

Amber can no longer hold it in. She immediately hugged unto Victoria.

"Unnie! I didn't want it to end this way.. It's all my fault! I'm the meanest and most selfish girl in the world! I broke his trust. I broke his heart. He can never forgive me after what I did to him! Unnie! What am I supposed to do????" Amber cried and cried. Victoria just hugged her until she calmed down.

"Now, can you tell me what really happened? Break the heart of who?"

"The heart of Key unnie.."

"Mwo? Key? Why?"

"We had this sort of relationship, like we went out and stuff when we were doing our show."

"Like a serious relationship?"

"Yeah. We hugged, held hands, went out together in secret.... kissed. I still remember when we went out to shop. How he tightly held my hand in the train, his eyes looked at me like I was the only one he could see." 

Memories flashed as she said those words.

"How he would buy me the simplest and most random of things, how he'll he just take my hand and say that he loves me no matter what.. How he shouted that he loves his wife in the park. How he would hug me, how we would say he loves me every night before we sleep, and.. and.. how we would kiss me so softly yet sweet at the same time.."

Amber looked at Victoria, "Unnie, what am I supposed to do? He'll never forgive me after I said those things to him??!"

Victoria was caught offguard, "Words? Why? What did you say to him??"

"Well, you see.."

"Did someone tell you to break things off with him?"

"I never wanted to break his heart. In fact, I'd prefer for us to go out in secret than not go out at all. But but but..."

"But what?"

"VP-nim threatened SM will stop SHINee activities for the rest of the  year unless I break off with Key.."

"Is that why you said hurtful words to Key? So that he'll stop and their career would be kept safe?"

"Yeah. I was stupid. Overly and majorly stupid."

"I think right now isn't the best time to explain things to him. We never know what could happen if you tell it to him."

"Yeah. Thanks unnie. Bigtime."

"Oh, by the way, I suggest you channel your emotions on something worthwhile, you never what you can achieve."

--------------

SHINee dorm

"Hyung! Can I have that crab cake? You don't seem to like it."

"Yeah. Sure. Go ahead."

"Mwo? Key hyung, you gave Taemin yours yet you didn't give one to me?!"

"Jah! Take my food if you want. I'm not hungry."

Key left the dining table.

"What's with him?" Minho asked.

"Let's just leave him be for now." Jjong replied.

Key remained in his room for almost the rest of the night.

"Want to go out for a drink?" Jonghyun asked while hangin' by the door.

"I'm not really in the mood for that Hyung. Sorry."

"I was just joking. I know something's up. Come on. Tell away."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Really? You don't? You're a talker by nature Key."

"Fine. It's Amber."

"Wae? What's with my little dino?"

"I don't want to see her ever again."

"Mwo? You two were like great a week ago?"

"She lied to me hyung. She broke my heart."

"Well, she must've... Wait, what? Your heart?! Don't tell me..."

"Yeah, we were together. Like a real couple hyung, not just virtually."

"Is that why you went on an emergency vacation?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what do you mean she lied?"

"She lied right at my face! I can't believe it. She said she cared for me hyung! She said she loved me! Then right at our farewell, she said she just played me! That I was such a er to believe that she had feelings for me. Hyung! How would you feel when she would say that?!"

"Aren't you being a bit shallow?"

"What'd you say??!"

Key grabbed Jonghyun's collar.

"I know you know Amber as much as I know her, in fact you could know her much more than I do. Do you really think she could say those words to you? Do you really think she's the type of girl that could lie right in front of your face without any reason??"

Key lets go. "Well, uhhm."

"See.." Jjong stood up. "Try to think about it Key.. Think carefully."

-----------

It's past 10pm. She was still there. She barely ate anything that day. She sighed.

"Amber, get a grip. Do something." She said as she lightly slapped her face.

She then stood up. Took her guitar, a pen and a pad of paper.

"I can do this."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was your weekend? :D Amber seems to have made up of a way to get back with Key.. :D Stay tuned!

OMO OMO. NOW I CAN'T WAIT FOR FANCAMS! KEY WILL BE STARRING IN A MUSICAL asjkaskcjaksa XD