My Romeo

My Romeo

He was insanely perfect. You weren’t one for sports but watching him run on the football field actually made you feel on edge. You would cheer like the rest of the sports lovers hoping that your school’s team and you star quarterback Jeon Jungkook would win. Even with sweat through his dark hair you couldn’t help it you found him insanely attractive. After he had made the final touchdown, the crowds cheers grew louder before everyone eventually cleared out of the school and back to their own activities. 

For you it was drama club. You loved it, maybe it was because in drama club you could be anyone and everyone. One week you could be a 1920′s vaudevillian who murdered both her husband and her sister when she found them in bed together, the next you could be in the 1950′s waiting for a Summer Love, or you could be cast as Juliet. One of the most iconic romantic roles of all time. 

You actually jumped up and thanked your teacher when you found out. You were actually excited for today’s class you were finally finding out who your mystery Romeo was. 

His friends would ridicule him if they knew where he was running off to. A star quarterback running off to some drama club? Ridiculous right? Wrong. He was hit with cupid’s bow. Puppy love. Le grand amour, as the french would say. He was completely and utterly in love with you and you had no idea. 

He had fallen head over heels for you when he’d failed one Literature test too many. You being a top student offered to help him, you gave him study notes and met with him after football practices in the library and helped him change his D- to an B+ within 2 weeks. He had fallen for the geeky girl with highlighted scripts in her binder. He’d asked you about it one day and he knew. To get closer with you this was the only way. 

He had begged your drama teacher to let him audition. She had agreed without a second thought. The drama performances had always lacked an audience, what better way to draw a crowd than to have one of the school’s A-list students. 

And now here he was ready to meet his Juliet. He knew you’d gotten the part and he’d be damned if he’d let any other man kiss you on stage that wasn’t him. You were his Juliet, not Seokjin’s, thankfully he’d been cast as Paris, or anyone else’s. 

He approached the auditorium careful to not be seen. He honestly didn’t love being on stage as much as you did but if he could stage kiss you and just spend time with you, he’d do it. He’d do anything. 

“And class, I’d like to introduce our Romeo”, your teacher paused, “Drum roll please”, the whole class stamped their feet and tapped their legs waiting in anticipation. 

“Jeon Jungkook!” Your teacher announced. You literally fell out of your chair. The Jeon Jungkook was your love interest, your Romeo. 

“Hey Y/N-ah are you okay?” His hand outstretched to help you up, you took it shyly. He pulled you up on your feet with a bit too much strength as you ended up quite close to each other, chests almost touching. You could feel his breath fanning your face and a blush growing on your cheeks. 

“Seriously, why did a jock get the main role?” Seokjin scoffed. 

“Because I said so.” Your teacher barked, that quitened Seokjin immediately. “And look our Romeo and Juliet have such chemistry” Everyone in the class turned to look at you both looking deeply into each other’s eyes a light blush on both of your cheeks. 

You jumped back pretty quick realising their eyes on you, your feet suddenly becoming a lot more interesting as you couldn’t look any of your classmates in the eyes now. They’d caught you looking all lovestruck at the school’s football player that you’d never have a chance with. 

“Okay, let’s start with the Party scene hm?” your teacher suggested. “Juliet is dancing with Paris and our Romeo is trying to steal her attention.” 

You awkwardly made your way up on stage as Seokjin held you in his arms, his hand on your waist pulling you a bit too close for comfort. 

Jungkook watched on, the script in his hands held tight both from nervousness and jealousy. 

“Okay now this is the scene where Romeo spots his Juliet and even though she is dancing with another, he cannot help but see her beauty and want her to be his.” 

“O, she d-doth teach the torches to b-burn b-bright! It seems sh-she hangs upon the cheek of ni-night. As a rich jewel in an Eth…iop’s ear—Beauty too r-rich for use, for earth too d-dear!”

“Cut” Yelled Seokjin. “How can he be Romeo when he’s stuttering through it and missing up the lines. “Maybe we should swap?” He smirked at Jungkook. He always knew that Seokjin had a thing for you. 

“It’s alright, it’s his first time. We’ll move on to the scene between Tybalt and Benvolio at the beginning of the play. Places!” 

Jungkook stormed out of the drama class. Seokjin made him look like an idiot, he wouldn’t have minded so much but you were there and he wanted to make a good impression. 

“H-Hey Jungkook.” He looked up noticing you with your binder in your arms, looking as beautiful as ever. 

“Oh, hey Y/N-ah” he answered shyly. 

“I was thi-thinking if you’re free sometime that we could go over lines together… You know. Show Seokjin that he’s not Mr. Right all the time?” You giggled softly and it was like music to his ears. 

“Are you free right now? We could go to my house and practice? I’ll even order Pizza.” He offered. 

“Sounds like a plan, just let me call my mom and we can go”, you pulled out your phone and dialled, ready to rush off with Jungkook. 

Okay, so of all the scenes he had to pick  to rehearse it was this one. You regretted telling him to flick to a random page and you’d act out the scene with him. You heart beated rapidly in your chest, you were nervous. 

“Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, Which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch, And palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss.” You spoke, trying to hide the wavering in your voice as you looked into his eyes. 

“Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?” He asked reading the script back to you.  

“Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.” He moves closer to you, while you read. 

He whispers his line. And you continue on, until you get to his next line, eyes widening at the stage direction. He looks up at you with questioning eyes and you nod slightly. 

“Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take.”  He reads his line and leans in, grabbing your waist and pushing your lips together in a kiss. His soft lips move against yours and you drop your script. Your hands fly into his hair as you completely forget the lines for a moment, simply enjoying the warmth of his lips against yours spreading through you like wildfire. 


“Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.” He murmured against your lips when you pulled away. 

You pick up the script hurriedly and look for the next line, ignoring the heat of your cheeks.

“Then have my lips the sin that they have took” You say stuttering from the shock of your kiss moments ago.  

“Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.” He chuckles and doesn’t hesitate this time, he takes your hands and wraps them firmly around his neck. He wraps his arms around your waist, tugging you into him as you kiss once more. This time his lips kissed yours with so much passion you thought you’d faint. His head tilting to the side to gain better access to your lips.

You were utterly speechless.                                  

He kissed by the book. 

After a few moments you both pulled away and you’d gained enough courage to ask him, “Jungkook-ah you seem fine off stage… Do you get stage fright?” 

He nodded, “Maybe a little, but I’ll endure it.”

“Endure it? If you don’t like the stage why’d you join the production, silly?” 

“Because of you.” He exasperated. He took a hold of your hand and looked into your eyes.

“Ever since you helped me a while back I can’t get you out of my head. I don’t care what my friends say. Or even what Seokjin says, if I have my Juliet with me for even a second I feel like I can do anything. I like you Y/N. And if the only way to spend time with you is be your Romeo than I’ll do it.” 

You were in shock. Your stomach was doing flips. “You did all this for me?” He nodded again. “You could have just told me instead of doing all this… But it’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done.” You smiled at him, shuffling closer to him on his bed and wrapped your arms around him in a hug. “But, I’m just a drama geek why would you like me?”

“I like you because you’re funny and sweet and kind and beautiful and ugh. You’re an angel okay? I just like you a lot… It’s okay if you don’t feel the same…”

“I like you too Jungkook. My Romeo. I just never expected you to like me back. But, if you want to quit I understand.You don’t have to stay in the play to spend time with me… we can work something out between studies and my play and your football games and such.” 

He looked at you with a serious expression on his face, “I would never leave me Juliet. Besides, someone has to show Seokjin how it’s done right? I’d love nothing more to be your Romeo.” 

You nodded, smiling happily as you both went back to practicing. 

At rehearsals the week after it was safe to say the whole cast was blown away by the same scene Jungkook had messed up in. Seokjin’s jaw nearly hit the floor as your teacher tried to cover some students eyes as you and Jungkook lovingly played out the scene of the lovers first kisses together. Your teacher was amazed and you were left breathless once again.

 But you were happy, you were now Jungkook’s girlfriend and you’d gotten a much better ending than Juliet.