Wilting

Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

W i l t i n g

*

“Hyung, aren’t you going to stay back today?”

 

The question shocks Taekwoon as he takes a few steps out of the school doors, lackadaisically dragging his school bag behind him. The brunette lets out a soft sigh, his chocolate brown orbs masked with an unknowing fear.  He had promised Sanghyuk and Hakyeon that he’d be at the hospital to help Hakyeon gather his clothing. After all, the boy’s finally able to return home after discharge and he could practically see the glint in the older’s eyes when he spoke. Even though the two didn’t speak much, Taekwoon could already feel a connection even through a short glance. But, the younger never want to admit it to his mother after hours of questioning, afraid that she’ll coo over the fact that; “her little boy finally found someone!” and Taekwoon loathed that feeling of being called cliché. Even through his own mother, he would lie.

 

Taekwoon hesitates a bit before opening his mouth slightly to reply, “No. Sorry, Wonsik. My friend,” He inhales a deep breath, his hands shaking with every word he uttered, “He’s getting discharged from the hospital and I need to help him pack.” With a final glance, Taekwoon hastily gathered himself, rushing out the doors and straight towards the hospital where both Hakyeon and his mother is waiting for him.

 

The hospital didn’t change much after the incident and even Taekwoon felt as if he was a wild animal at that point. But, what made him curious was the scream and after that, a dead body was found dangling from the ceiling of the sixth floor, slowly swinging back and forth as blood trickled down his wide-eyed face.

 

Taekwoon shivers at the image, gathering himself as he headed towards Hakyeon’s new room—a floor just above the fourth. Sanghyuk is there and Taekwoon’s starting to gain a suspicion on.

 

“Oh! Hyung, you’re finally here!” Sanghyuk cheers, “Hakyeon hyung is in the bathroom changing out of the hospital gown.”

 

Taekwoon nods, pursing his lips nervously, “Why are you here, Sanghyuk-” He questions, feeling his heart nearly jump out of his rib cage when he door clicks, cutting him off and his mother walking in with a stern look etching her features. Her eyebrows are furrowed angrily, lips pursing into a grimace.

 

“Oh! Taekwoon-ah, you’re here. Visiting Hakyeon?” Her voice lost its lilt and the frown on her face deepens. “We need him for a bit.”

 

“Why?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter