Chapter 1 - The Moon and The Darkness

The Other Within

"What is this?"

 

I threw the object away and kick the shattered glasses everywhere out of irritation.

 

"What the do you think you're doing? Stop making a mess or I’ll use your face to clean this up." Yoongi spat out.

 

Instead of getting affected by what the had just said, I simply rolled my eyes and replied with just as much venom, "You think you can tell me what to do? Who ing created this mess in the first place anyways? Oh that's right. You."

 

He stood up and snapped his head to my direction. Seeing the sarcastic smile on my face probably made him see red but I couldn't care less of what he does. He can't touch me anyways, unless he wants to live his life always looking behind his back and scared less.

 

"Listen you , I can easily snap your neck in a direction you wouldn't like, like I did to that guy lying next to you. So I suggest you shut your hole and start working."

 

Yoongi was angry, it wasn't a rare sight and it made me feel happy that I pissed him off but I knew that it wasn't the best decision to anger him any further. Especially with the situation we were currently in.

 

Sighing, I bent down and took hold of the man's feet and started dragging him to the other side of the room. I still can't believe they made me do all these. It was unnecessary and stupid, I already knew everything and the last thing I needed to learn more about my responsibility was deal with all these with him.

 

"Don't bother. The others will do the covering, just do your part so we can get out this place. I need to get back to the dorm." The dark head started walking back to the entrance but not before looking at the place one more time.

 

The place was a mess and everything was ruined. We didn't even do the job properly yet I saw a sickening smile formed in his pale, pale face. And before I could stop myself, words I would rather not say to him came rushing out of my mouth.

 

"You're disgusting."

 

My face held no emotions of whatsoever but a cold, blank look that he probably grew familiar to. And even if I was surprised with what I just said, I made sure not to show a hint of it to him.

 

And all he did was ignore me and turned around, leaving me in this dark place that reek of rotting blood and dead bodies.

 

"Yoongi."

 

I stopped him.

 

He halted in his tracks and I knew I had to quickly say something if I didn't want to make a complete fool out of myself.

 

"What?" He said coldly and I could easily read the impatience dripping out of his voice.

 

"I've been assigned back here." What? I blurted out. What the did I just say, he was not supposed to know that.

 

It took a second before Yoongi could reply, "What?" He let out, he repeated just loud enough for me to hear. With the way he sounded made me smile a little and I knew the sadistic side of me was starting to come out.

 

"You'll be seeing a lot of me next week." I smirked when he let out a low growl, I didn't know why but seeing him uncomfortable or angry always made my mood better. I hated him. So much.

 

You don't hate him. If you do, then you're crazy.

 

And then he left. The nasty scowl visibly shown in his face was not enough to lessen the disappointment I felt that I won't be able to see him for another week again.

 

It wasn't because I enjoyed being around him, no, it was because I wasn't satisfied enough of making him feel like how he always make feel way before we even started our challenge.

 

You're the sickest out of the group.

 

The silence and the smell of spilt blood only made me feel worse. I stood there, surrounded by nothing but darkness and my own thoughts, my demon.

 

Seconds then minutes passed. And slowly, bit by bit, the masked I built and desperately wore broke down. Crumbled before I could find the time to stop it, to cease the creature inside of me.

 

It's coming again and it made me feel nauseous. I put my head down and failed to control the shiver that suddenly overcame my body.

 

"Ha..." I gasped. Finding difficulty to let air in my lungs. My throat tightened.

 

I wrapped my arms around my body, perhaps to try and create warmth or to comfort myself of self-pity, whichever of the two, I honestly couldn't tell anymore.

 

A small laugh finally managed to escape from my throat. Then a crackle of pure joy broke the silence that once filled the room.

 

It took me a full minute before I finally managed to compose myself. Then another minute of just standing there, letting the silence to take over again.

 

Then, I snapped my neck to the direction of the dead body I dragged at the far end corner of the room. I made my way towards the body and when I got there, I crouched down and looked straight at the man's lifeless eyes.

 

I brushed the man's hair away from his eyes and rested my fingers at the top of the corpse's eyelids for a moment, then finally closed his eyes.

 

"Go to sleep." I, no she- she whispered to the man. Please. Please stop.

 

You're pathetic, you're a failure. Go away! One day I’ll rip your heart out and finally let the darkness take what is rightfully- Shut up, shut up- SHUT UP!

 

She laughed.

 

And I kept shouting in agony. I was begging.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

In the darkest hour, the only source of light that can be found was nowhere to be seen. However, after finally understanding that it couldn’t hide forever, the moon, the most beautiful moon, came out from behind the merciless clouds.

 

A young man, with hair so bright, as bright as the moon above. He too, came out from his hiding, from the shadows.

 

His eyes sparkled as he gazed up at the sky, at the light, astounded by the cruel beauty of it.

 

And his hair, slowly, each strand, one by one, turned back to its dark natural colour when the moon, once again, cowered back behind the clouds.

 

"And you say I’m disgusting." A hint of despise formed on his pale features. However, in the midst change of his eyes to bright to dark, a pity of some sort was there.

 

It was there and it stayed there until the shadow took over and the man was nowhere to be seen again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 1 - END

 

WORDS: 1138