yoongi is back

coffee, park jimin, and

Jeongguk is beginning to have a Major Problem, that problem being Park Jimin. And while normally anything that has to do with Park Jimin is more of a blessing than a curse, this time it's different. Jeongguk is too exhausted to hide the gang, it's basically his entire life, and Jimin is too clever not to find out about it eventually.

 

While Jimin is rapidly becoming more and more important to Jeongguk (probably the closest friend he's got), he's also becoming more and more suspicious of him. Jeongguk sighs, slumping down at his desk while the other members lounged around lazily.

 

He already has to deal with Jimin’s constant worrying every time they hang out, and it’s become borderline babying at this point. He doesn’t know how much longer he can handle avoiding Jimin’s nonstop questioning paired with worried hand-holding when he gets extra paranoid (he wants Jimin to hold his hand for other reasons).

 

The door slams open loudly, and the members jolt out of their seats, save for Taehyung who’s still in a soju-induced coma from the night before. "Hey dickhead, I'm back," Yoongi calls out, dropping his briefcase and stepping around the table. Jeongguk doesn't even look up, his gaze locked on his hands resting in his lap. "Hey," Yoongi says, more firmly this time. He ruffles Jeongguk's hair and Jeongguk finally looks up. He cracks a wide, beaming smile. "Hyung! You're back already?"

 

Yoongi chuckles and casually plops onto the corner of Jeongguk's desk. Yoongi is the only member of the gang that Jeongguk doesn't want to punch every hour and because of that, he's also the only one with Jeongguk's total respect, even though he's still the goon's boss. Not to mention the fact that he's known Yoongi his entire life, the guy practically raised him.

 

"Yeah," Yoongi grins lazily, "I guess their heads cracked pretty easily." Jeongguk laughs. "Anyway, what's up with you, kid? Got some skulls you want me to smash? You seem pretty down," Yoongi pulls a lighter out of his pocket, lighting the cigarette stuck between his teeth.

 

Jeongguk snatches the cigarrette out of his mouth and takes a few drags, eyes closing as he sighs tiredly. "Hyung, have you ever been ashamed about what you do? Like about how you live your life?"

 

Yoongi grabs the cigarette back, sticking it back in his mouth and thinking for a moment. "At one point I was, a long time ago. But not anymore. I'm trying as hard as anyone else to get by, shouldn't that be good enough?" Jeongguk nods softly. "Why are you asking, kid? You've never worried about that before, why now?" Yoongi eyes him curiously. Jeongguk keeps his eyes lowered onto his hands in his lap. "Hyung... what if you wanted to tell someone what you do, wanted to stop hiding it from them?"

 

"Well I'd tell them, simple as that." Yoongi says matter of factly. Jeongguk lifts his head up, looking at him in confusion. "What? But hyung, wouldn't you be worried about what he'd think? Or that maybe he'd hate you after that?" Yoongi smiles softly, patting Jeongguk's shoulder.

 

"Sure, I'd be terrified. But if this person is so important to you that you'd even consider telling them, then you should. We don't live the kind of lifestyle that lets us take our time, we could be gone in the next second and nobody would be surprised. Either you have the balls to tell them or you spend the rest of your life regretting the lies."

 

Jeongguk looks at Yoongi with wide eyes. "Hyung..." he says, staring deep into Yoongi's eyes, seeing a flicker of something that looks exactly like heartbreak swimming in their depths.

 

Yoongi clears his throat suddenly, and whatever Jeongguk saw seems to disappear. "Anyway, that's enough wise old man talk for today," Yoongi chuckles lightly. "Just think about what I said, kid. Whatever happens, you got this grumpy old hyung to hang on to," he hops off Jeongguk's desk, smacking the top of Taehyung's head as he walks out.

 

Taehyung loudly snorts himself awake right as the door slams shut. "Wuh.. what's goin on?" he mumbles. Hoseok glares at the now closed door and softly threads his fingers through Taehyung's hair. "It was nothing, Taetae, go back to sleep," he says softly, and Taehyung only manages a small smile at Hoseok before passing out again, smacking his head on the table.

 

Jeongguk thinks over what Yoongi said for a long time. His advice is logical and to the point, just like Yoongi himself. He sighs. " it," he mumbles. He whips out his phone to text Jimin, at least he could figure out the next time they could meet.

 

jk: hey hyung, can we meet up soon? i have to tell u something.  [8:44 PM] 

jimbles^^: Sure thing, Jeongukkie. It must be important if you're calling me hyung now :p [8:46 PM]

jimbles ^^: How about tomorrow at the park? I'm free all afternoon ^^ [8:46 PM]

jk: okay. see you soon. [8:47 PM]

 

-

 

Jimin stares at his phone nervously. If he's totally honest, he's a little scared. Jeongguk sounded so serious through the messages, he didn't even send one dog sticker and that's saying something, considering Jimin's phone is filled with sticker spams from Jeongguk. He rolls over in his bed, trying his hardest to actually get some sleep.

 

Is Jeongguk in trouble? Maybe he's having family problems, he has mentioned once before during one of their many sleepovers that he and his parents aren't on good terms. Maybe this has something to do with that morning he patched the boy up in the coffee shop. Would he finally get answers? But more importantly, does he even want to know? Jimin mentally slaps himself. Of course he wants to know, Jeongguk is one of his closest friends, he'd do anything to protect him.

 

He finally drifts off, dreaming of Jeongguk and all kinds of disasters.

 

-

 

 

Jeongguk arrives at the park far too early, nerves pushing him to get there almost an hour before he's supposed to be. He mindlessly kicks at some stray leaves with his boot, thankful that he wore his leather jacket. It's freezing out now as autumn is approaching. He plops down on an empty bench. Before he can figure out what to do while he waits, he spots a fluffy brown mop of hair shivering a couple feet away.

 

 

 He leans forward, squinting. Yup, that's definitely Jimin. Jeongguk hesitates for a moment. Can he really do this? Jimin has become a huge part of his life, and Jeongguk's not sure that he can picture his life without him.

 

He takes a deep, shaky breath before cupping his hands over his mouth. "Jimin!" he calls, "Over here!" He sees Jimin's head whip around, eyes locking with Jeongguk's as he rushes over to the bench. Hurriedly sitting down, Jimin reaches out to Jeongguk, holding his face in his hands and leaning in closer.

 

"Hmm... you seem fine, Jeongukkie. Why did you sound so serious yesterday?" he lets go of Jeongguk's face and leans back onto the bench. Jeongguk shrugs off his jacket and wraps it around Jimin’s shaking shoulders, and Jimin wraps it closer around himself. Jeongguk takes a deep breath. "Jimin, I have something really important to tell you."

 

Jimin smiles reassuringly, reaching out past the flaps of Jeongguk’s jacket he’s currently drowning in. He pats Jeongguk’s head softly. "Go ahead, you can tell me. You know I'm always here for you, Guk." Jeonguk tries to calm his shaking hands. He hopes that Jimin really means that.

 

"W-well you see, Jimin-" Jeongguk is interrupted by Jimin's soft grip on his hands. "Hey, Gukkie, it's just me, don't be so nervous," Jimin smiles softly at him. "It's okay."

 

Jeongguk avoids Jimin's eyes. "Jimin, I'm not exactly the type of person you think I am. I'm not really a good person. I-I'm um... in a gang," he rushes the last few words out of sheer nervousness. Jimin just stares at him for a moment, dumbfounded. "Jeongguk...." Jimin trails off before bursting into loud laughter.

 

 "Sure you're in a gang Jeongguk, sure," he says breathlessly, still laughing. "You literally refuse to buy chicken nuggets unless they're dinosaur shaped, Guk, how am I supposed to believe you're in a gang?" 

 

Jeongguk expected a lot of things from Jimin after he told him, but this was not one of them. He rips his hands out of Jimin's roughly. "Jimin, I'm serious," Jeongguk says harshly, eyes tearing up out of fear. "I'm in a ing gang, okay? I smash people's heads in and ," he almost shouts, anxiety and frustration pushing him to speak louder and louder. Jimin goes completely silent, staring into Jeongguk's eyes, searching for any kind of sign that he's joking.

 

"..." Jimin whispers. He backs away from Jeongguk slowly. "I-I don't know... I don't know what to say, Jeongguk.. Um, I actually uh, I actually gotta go now, something came up.. Sorry Gukie." he stammers out, and practically bolts out of the park. Jeongguk presses his hands to his eyes tightly, trying his hardest to push back the tears. . He knew this wouldn't end well, Jimin probably thinks he's disgusting. Hell, he doesn't blame him. 

 

He breaks down, shoulders shaking as he cries into his hands on the park bench. He pulls out his phone, looking at the screen with bleary eyes. He sends a single text and then pockets it, stumbling out of the park and back to his apartment.

 

jk: I'm so sorry.  [12:22 PM]

 


.-.

poor yoongi tho