Compliments

Compliments

“Park Jimin, come back here right now!!!” I was chasing him around the house while Jimin was giggling. “I swear if you don’t give it back…”

“Then what?” Jimin across the table from me and grinning. In his hands there was my phone unlocked (he knew the code anyways) and with an open conversation with my friend. It, of course, included me bragging about my handsome boyfriend Jimin.

“No more lunch boxes for you, mister.” I raised my finger.

“You love me too much.” He shook his head not falling for it.

“And no more homemade chocolate. EVER!” This sentence was followed by another laugh.

“How about you do something to get the phone back, m?” Jimin’s sly smile wasn’t promising. I sighed.

“What?” if only looks could kill…

“Agree first. Then we’ll talk.” Jimin was proud of himself.

“Oh, I see. Someone learned from their mistakes.” He didn’t answer. “Fine. What do I have to do?” Jimin still didn’t come close knowing I could snatch the phone.

“Do aegyeo. And dance for me. And give me a kiss. A long one.”

“Isn’t that a bit too much?” I placed my hands on my hips.

“Well, if you don’t agree, then…” he unlocked the phone and smiled.

“Ok Ok! Just give it back first.” Jimin was checking for crossed fingers or crosses in the eyes before slowly handing it back.

“So?” I rolled my eyes.

“You know I hate aegyeo…”

“You promised.” He fell on the couch knowing I won’t go back on my word. We had a rule that we can break a promise only once a month. I had already used my chance. The deal didn’t apply only if Jimin’s schedules got in a way of a promise unexpectedly.

“Oppa,” I pouted and made my voice a bit thinner. “Can I at least not dance, please?” Jimin chuckled.

“I don’t know… Maybe if you act a liiitle cuter…”

“Please…” I moved my shoulders still pouting.

“A liiitle…”

“Jaebal…” I blinked at least ten times. Jimin was thinking for a few seconds.

“No. You have to. But aegyeo counts.” I growled.

“You’re such a cheater!”

“Quit whining and dance. I’ll get you music.” Jimin stood up to grab his phone. BTS Dope started playing.

“Just the chorus.”

“No…”

“Just the chorus.” I cut him off and he finally agreed.

I danced and Jimin clapped for me looking too happy. It wasn’t a surprise I knew all of BTS choreographies. Jimin puffed out his lips.

“You don’t deserve a kiss.” I acted grumpy and sat down next to him.

“Don’t care. You promised. Can’t go back on your word. Used that up for something as stupid as a cupcake last time.” He nudged me with his shoulder.

I placed a quick peck on Jimin’s lips.

“Yah! The condition was a long kiss not a peck!” I laughed and firstly kissed his neck, then jaw, nose and teasingly brushed my nose against his. I knew Jimin ALWAYS got shy when I did it. He giggled shyly.

“Oh, I see how it is. Someone wants to get back at me.” Jimin went in for the kiss. I was a bit taken aback. Jimin rarely kissed me on the lips first. He always either left pecks all over my neck and face or made me kiss him.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and felt his hand on my waist. With the other one he put a strand of my hair behind my ear and pulled back.

“Well that’s new.”

“You’re such a tease.” He smiled. “Just be thankful that I finished your task for you.” Jimin pressed his lips on my forehead.

“Thank you, Chim Chim.” He cringed because of the nickname. We leaned back on the sofa. “Even though I did all that, you wouldn’t have read all the messages.” I placed my head on his shoulder.

“Why?”

“Because you get very shy when I compliment you. And that’s what I was doing.” I lifted my head to see his reaction. Jimin’s eyes sparkled.

“If I get shy, that doesn’t mean I don’t like compliments.”

“Oh really?” I decided to check and grabbed my phone from the table. “Jiminnie is sooo handsome. The other day he was wearing one of his warm cuddly sweaters and had messy hear. I thought I would die…” I looked back at Jimin. He didn’t answer and just wrinkled his nose. “My Chim Chim is so cute. The way he laughs and those cute giggles of his…”

“OK OK I get it.” I laughed.

“You said you like it.”

“I do just… You are just biased.”

“No.” I put my phone down and took Jimin’s hand. He was avoiding eye contact. “You are cute and handsome. And I’m not the only one who thinks so. And the fact that you are so shy about it makes it more adorable.” He lifted his gaze.

“Thanks.”

“I love you, Chim Chim.”

“I love you too.” I hugged him but he lost balance and we fell back laughing.

“But I bet there are things that you messaged your friend that you wouldn’t tell me because YOU are embarrassed. So let me read them myself.” Jimin suddenly and grabbed my phone.

“CHIM!” I threw a pillow at him and he ran out of the room laughing.