Chap. 3

The CHECKMATE Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In a dance practice room at KS Entertainment laid five boys on the floor, sweat beads dripping from their foreheads and shirts damp with sweat. An average height male stood up, his tank top revealing his tattoos as he stretched his arms upwards, his black bangs dripping sweat off of them, “Let’s do it once more!” He says swinging his arms around, receiving a groan from the rest of them.

Jiwoon’s red hair leaves him with red sweat dripping from his bangs on to his loose white shirt, “Hyung, as much as I love you, I’m beat and my shirt is already turning red…”

The youngest amongst them nods, standing up and stretching. “Koishi-hyung, I think we are good for the day, let’s just wait until Wangja-hyung gets back…” he said in English, knowing the dark-haired male had advanced English and being too tired to push his conversational Korean. As his red sweat dripped onto his face, he wipes it off with his black shirt.

“Yanghyun-ah is right, we’ve worked hard enough for today,” a response came out in Korean from Sungjun, his oversized jacket covering his muscular arms that would’ve been revealed from his tank top.

Minghua stood up slowly, stretching his long legs, “What’s taking Wang-” he stops mid-question as Wangja comes in.

“You guys aren’t even washed up yet?” Wangja shakes his head, “I thought we were going back to the dorm once I came back?”

The first male, Koishi claps his hands together, smiling brightly, “While you’re here Wangja-yah, let’s do one more run through of the dance.”

Wangja immediately slumps, almost dropping the pastries and causing worried gasps and faces from the rest of them. “Hyung, I ran here from the bakery just now…”

Koishi tilts his head, clicking his tongue, “All you guys ever do is eat, you know.”

Yanghyun, already eating his pastry, spoke up, “And since it was confirmed that we were all King members, all you’ve done is pushed us to master our trainee dance.” Koishi clenched his teeth and raised a threatful fist to the youngest's sass, but puts it down and sighs defeated; not only was Yanghyun the youngest of King, but he was also the lead dancer for the group, just below Wangja’s status of the main dancer.

The four sweaty males smile and quickly make their way to wash up as Koishi shoos them, Wangja following behind them gets pulled back by Koishi. “What is it hyung?”

Changing his dialect to Japanese, Koishi replies, “I’m happy it's all of us, but,” he tilts his head, “do you think their dancing is good enough?”

Wangja nods, replying in Japanese, “They’ve all improved from the first time I met them, you too. I still think we all need to work on languages though, our conversations get a bit odd with random dialect changes.”

“You’re right,” Koishi switches back to Korean as he opens the door.

Wangja shakes his head smiling. “Go wash up hyung,” he says giving him a light push out the door and following as they walk to the locker they had always occupy.

The steam from the showers empty out into the hallway a little, the two males finally entering the common obnoxious blast of music and half attempted singing that sounded more like shouting. Koishi smiled and joined into the source of all the noise in the shower, leaving Wangja to smile to himself with the pastries, hopping on top of the sink counter and pulling out his phone to read.

When the boys finished in the shower, mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter