Chapter o3

You Deserve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

de·serve | dəˈzərv | verb | do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).

“I’m home… what’s up with you guys? Didya get hit by a car or something?”

Hoseok obliviously watches as their faces grow darker at his last question, busying himself with slipping off his shoes to care. He’d gotten back from just walking about, spending time to clear his mind of his haunting thoughts.

The apartment is oddly silent, and there’s no you sitting around with his best friends either. Now that he finally pays attention, startled at the nasty stares his friends shoot him when he looks up, it’s not only you that’s missing. Jimin, Jin, and Taehyung are gone, but he’d take a lucky guess since it’s rather late that you all were fast asleep at this time. Usually Jimin and Taehyung were still up despite the hour, busy playing video games to care about the time and if they had school the next day.

He lets his eyes observe the scornful expressions on their faces, their eyes bloodshot and remorseful, their bodies hunched over and feet tapping with anticipation. Something’s wrong, he thinks as they frown deeper the longer they stare at him. Hope is curled up at their feet, the usually enthusiastic pup is seemingly lethargic in his eyes.

Jungkook is the first to stand, his dark fringe a curtain that covers his glistening eyes. In just a few long strides, he’s up in his hyung’s face, fingers curling tightly around the collar of Hoseok’s shirt. And just like dynamite, he explodes.

 

“Where have you been this whole ing time?!”

His free hand quivers, clenched tightly as he delivers a hard hook to the elder’s jaw. Hoseok stumbles backward, eyes widening as the younger stalks forward to advance on him but Namjoon’s deep voice stops him.

“Enough, Jungkook stop.”

“D-did something happen?” he asked cautiously, watching wearily as Jungkook shoots him a piercing glare, lips pulled back in a hostile snarl, “Where’s (y/n).”

There’s that feeling. Odd and nasty as it stirs his insides, his chest tightening anxiously when Namjoon looks up at him. The frown etched on his face is condescending yet forlorn at the same time as he looks him over.

“Oh wouldn’t you like to know—” Jungkook pipes up haughtily, quickly simmered down by a look from Namjoon.

“Where were you Hoseok?” Namjoon asks bitterly, ignoring the older’s previous question.

Raising an eyebrow, he straightened, wondering if the air conditioner was on because he’d felt the room fall a few degrees under, “Out.”

“Out is not a good enough answer hyung,” Jungkook spat, shoulders heaving as he waves his hands around in exasperation, “If you didn’t just randomly disappear without a single word as to where you were going then maybe all of this would not be happening right now and we wouldn’t be looking like we were just hit by a car because technically we weren’t the ones hit!”

Hoseok’s heart falters. Were you hit? Were the others hit instead? His heart clenches at the thought of you hurt, it especially makes it worse that you wouldn’t be able to see it coming.

“Where is she?” he asks again, his voice shaky but he wills himself to stay firm but not when Jungkook looks like he could tear him apart at the slightest of wrong moves.

“How does it make you feel Hoseok-hyung?” he snaps, voice dripping with malice, “How does it make you feel to not know where she’s at, like she just went and disappeared?!”

Yoongi, who’s been quiet the whole time, watching the two with calculating and sharp eyes, speaks up, speaking lowly and with authority, “Jungkook, sit down.”

The younger turns to protest, but the look his hyungs shoot him has him whimpering and retreating with his tail between his legs like a dog.

“I think you have somewhere you need to be, Hoseok,” he says simply, “The hospital.”

.

“We should get going Jimin-ah,” Taehyung says softly, looking up wearily at the distressed frown on Seokjin’s face, “The visiting hours are almost over..”

The brunette doesn’t answer, his body hunched over in a chair beside your bed where you lay unmoving with the exception of your chest rising up and falling gently. He never thought he’d get to see you in the hospital and unconscious after the transplant, he never wanted to, you were pretty much a sister in his eyes. And both times were because of Hoseok.

“Just go.. I’ll probably end up sleeping in the waiting room or something..” he rasps, voice hoarse from crying out your name.

“(Y/n)!!” Jimin screamed, repeating your name like a mantra as he picks up his pace and runs to your side. You’re unconscious and bleeding by the time he’s crouched by your side with Hope whimpering and whining, the retriever hopelessly trying to nudge you awake with his nose.

“Oh god..” Seokjin sobs, covering his mouth as the rest of the guys gather around with other bystanders whispering in fright.

“What the are you all standing around for?!” Jimin growls heatedly, “Call an ambulance… call Hoseok-hyung!”

Obviously they couldn’t get a hold of the said hyung. If they couldn’t contact him the whole day, what makes them think he’s gonna answer now?

“Hey, she’ll be alright here Jimin, you need some rest and dinner too,” Seokjin tries reasoning, squeezing his shoulder briefly, “It’s not your fault either, we could’ve stopped her yeah, but right now all we can do is hope and pray she’s gonna be alright - the doctor said so too, she’ll be alright.”

“But…” Jimin is about to protest, turning his body towards the elder when his voice trails off, his eyes peering over his broad shoulders. There’s a figure, a shadow standing behind the rectangular window on the door. He can take a lucky guess on who exactly that was, and despite Seokjin’s little pep talk about no one being blamed - he feels fury well up inside him.

The instant that Hoseok opens the door and takes his first step into the room, Jimin is not too gently shoving Seokjin out of the way to push the newcomer up against the wall. Despite the height difference, it doesn’t deter the younger as he grips at the collar of Hoseok’s shirt.

“You little , where have you been this whole time?! We’ve been calling you god dammit!”

“Jimin!” Seokjin and Taehyung yelped, pulling the shorter away from him.

Hoseok glances over their shoulders at your still body, lying limp on the bed.

“What happened?” he asked softly, feeling his heart twist painfully at the sight of you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter