//1

The space between us.

It didn't matter how we drifted apart. Or when. Or why. Or what. Or where. Or who. The thing that matters is that we have drifted apart. It's the fact that, maybe, just maybe, we don't fit together, our differences is just too much for the other to handle. The thing about being apart, is that you'll think constantly of the other, and soon, think of the other frequently, on occasion, the other comes up in mind, and finally, not remembering there is an other. Being apart and being together, the difference is just that space. Space in metres or in seconds, mentally or physically, it's the space. Space that is meant to exist, meant to break, meant to destroy. Space, wilting a flower from its roots to water. Space, breaking one's heart from one continent to another. Space, what one requests of the other to put back the shattered pieces. Space is being apart, mentally and physically. In metres and in seconds. Space is between chanyeol and kyungsoo. And they want to break through.

"Kyungsoo! What is it with you and Jongin? Do you just let anyone sling your arm around your neck so casually? How come you always complain when I do it? Anyway Kyungsoo, come here, let me hug you:)"

beep...

"CHANYEOL! What are you doing? You are making me so embarrassed. Are u asking for a beating? You are so noisy and annoying that you can rival Baekhyun. And don't give me that face! /smacks/ Ohmygod! CHANYEOL!! Come here, and let me see. Gosh, i'm sorry chanyeol-ah. Ohmygod, i'm sor-..."

beep...

"Kyungsoo, is work tiring? Don't stress yourself out too much. What? I don't always laze around all day! Hey! At least I did the laundry today, give me some credit! /pouts/ I'm feeling lonely, come here and cuddle with me:)"

beep...

"Chanyeol, does promises fade away? I hope they don't because I promise, I'll love you forever. You know that i love you right? Come here you pabo, if you're cold next time, come and sleep with me."

beep...

"Kyungsoo, where are you going? How long are you going? /signs/ How can I live without you? You are going on a business trip for 2 weeks! Can you not go? Or can i tag along instead? Kyungsoo, i need you here. Come here and give me one last hug before you go."

beep...

...and the line goes dead.

"KYUNGSOO! NOO! DON'T GO! I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT YOU! KYUNGSOO, I NEED YOU. THAT HUG WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE LAST HUG. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME MORE HUGS AFTER YOU CAME BACK FROM YOUR BUSINESS TRIP! DON'T WORRY KYUNGSOO, IF YOU CANNOT COME HERE, I SHALL GO THERE. WAIT FOR ME KYUNGSOO-AH!"

He didn't knew that being too excited to see Kyungsoo again was wrong. That it would cause more than just one of Kyungsoo's all bark but no bite beatings. That it would cause Kyungsoo's life. What a huge price to pay. If that was the case, then Chanyeol would never ever be excited about anything Kyungsoo. Never again. However, it's too late. Space claimed the spot between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Laughing in victory, it's cackling laughter echoed through the hollowness of Chanyeol's chest.

Hands limp at his side, Chanyeol cried like no tomorrow, and of course, there wasn't. Not for Chanyeol anyways.

"Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo! Hey Kyungsoo-ah! Kyungsoo! Don't ignore me! Kyungsoo-ah!"

"Chanyeol, chanyeol, chanyeol"

Never did they knew, that space can destroy but also can be destroyed. And they did it.

"Come here."

"Come here."

The unbearing tightness of Chanyeol's arms around Kyungsoo's waist. The comforting embrace of Kyungsoo's encircled Chanyeol. Space is a thing that doesn't exist. Well, not between them anyways.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol didn't see the car coming his way when he rushed over to meet Kyungsoo who just came back from his business trip. Kyungsoo saw and rushed over to push Chanyeol away and ended up getting hit instead. That's how Kyungsoo died. 

Chanyeol died of suicide because he could not bear to not be beside Kyungsoo when living.